SS Classic Tournament observations...

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Went 7-7 until John corner hooked him at the head of the table with the game ball near John's pocket. Tried a two rail kick, fouled & left John with an easy (?) bank for the win.

Hendy has a match coming up tomorrow.

James didn't try to kick at the ball when he was corner hooked. He was just taking a foul but hit it too hard. He should have taken a foul by just touching the cue ball and leavin it there. John would have to take one also. Now you would two on the spot, then you push out to a safe spot.
We talked about this after his match and he agreed that he should have done that.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
James didn't try to kick at the ball when he was corner hooked. He was just taking a foul but hit it too hard. He should have taken a foul by just touching the cue ball and leavin it there. John would have to take one also. Now you would two on the spot, then you push out to a safe spot.
We talked about this after his match and he agreed that he should have done that.
Yep that's what I was thinking. And no I did not figure that one out by myself lol. I Saw Rafael Martinez escape a very similar situation at Derby City about 10 years ago and thought it was genius!!!

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I'm watching Billy and Buddy play right now (9:00 pm EST). Some strong shots from both. Not sure if it's action or tournament.

Update: Buddy still banks really well!

Cory,

Thanks for the $100.00. The TD made an announcement that you had sent it so we could all have a drink on you. I put it up with the bartender and told him to serve drinks to all the players in the tournament, until it ran out. I left around 9:00 PM and I think it had been used up by then.

Thank you, that was very nice!

keoneyo

Verified Member
Cory,

Thanks for the $100.00. The TD made an announcement that you had sent it so we could all have a drink on you. I put it up with the bartender and told him to serve drinks to all the players in the tournament, until it ran out. I left around 9:00 PM and I think it had been used up by then.

Thank you, that was very nice!

Did Rizzo make any remarks about the money I sent? It was supposed to be added to the prize pool.
Thanks

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Did Rizzo make any remarks about the money I sent? It was supposed to be added to the prize pool.
Thanks

The tournament had 18 entries at $200.00 each = $3600.00
David Richardson ( owner Bogies ) put up $2000.00. (Added money)
Keoneyo put up $100.00 (additional added money)

Total prize pool = $5700.00

Thank you Keoneyo

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
SS Classic Tournament observations...

Yep that's what I was thinking. And no I did not figure that one out by myself lol. I Saw Rafael Martinez escape a very similar situation at Derby City about 10 years ago and thought it was genius!!!

Now that gem was worth the price of admission. Thanks Frank!!!

keoneyo

Verified Member
The tournament had 18 entries at $200.00 each = $3600.00
David Richardson ( owner Bogies ) put up $2000.00. (Added money)
Keoneyo put up $100.00 (additional added money)

Total prize pool = $5700.00

Thank you Keoneyo

Thanks Jeff.
Just wanted to make sure he got it.
Keoneyo

onepockethacker

Verified Member

I can't believe that an experienced one pocket player like James didn't know to do that..

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I can't believe that an experienced one pocket player like James didn't know to do that..

Looks to me that James is the best player here, but had an off day. He banks extremely well and has excellent cue ball control.

Both Buddy and Billy are struggling with sciatica and in pain most of the time. Both played sub-par for their recent selves. Buddy got himself Bar-B-Qued by giving up the 8 and the break and last 4 and then playing very poorly. But, what the hell, he's 70 years old, 400 pounds, in pain and been on his feet for 14 hours. He is a Pool God, so I wasn't sure he wouldn't finally pull it together, but I was assured by He Who Knows All that he had almost no chance under the circumstances. I think part of that is that his opponent played a little better than expected.

Fast Eddie and i talked for quite a while. (Bye the way, don't tell him "Good morning" if you have dinner reservations :D ) Fun guy and a good player.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I'm now a fan of LSJohn. Not only did he tirelessly promote this shindig from the very beginning, he continues to do so at the event. He is a wonderful vibrant human being with a great outlook on life and is quick witted with a great sense of humor. You could almost tell this by his past posting at onepocket.org but in person it adds just the right amount of warmth to make knowing him even better. I'm a fan!

P.S. Almost forgot to mention it; He let me beat him.
Thanks John

phil dade

Verified Member
From
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082

John,

While you are there, for what it is worth, I suffered from sciatica really bad in May. I had a great massage therapist who rehabbed my knee work on it twice a week. She was extremely strong. She also gave me a hard ball, like a LaCrosse ball to lay on rolling my ass and thigh where it meets my rear. The strong massages, twice a week and that cured it in about 4-5 weeks.

Please let them know about htis and the ball. Sciatica really hurts from out of no where. You are frozen in pain for like 20-30 seconds and it releases. Ugh

Hopefully it can help them,
thanks,
Phil

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I'm now a fan of LSJohn. Not only did he tirelessly promote this shindig from the very beginning, he continues to do so at the event. He is a wonderful vibrant human being with a great outlook on life and is quick witted with a great sense of humor. You could almost tell this by his past posting at onepocket.org but in person it adds just the right amount of warmth to make knowing him even better. I'm a fan!

P.S. Almost forgot to mention it; He let me beat him.
Thanks John

Check's in the mail. :)

Very nice. Makes me glad I let you beat me. :)

firemankc

Verified Member
Nah...cuz I already know how everybody plays...

Ghost, "Casey can't move a lick" apparently you did not see how fast I got up to shoot. I think that I move pretty fast, and bank balls because I can't make them straight in. You are very wise and your observation of me is right on.

10-4 anyone?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Ghost, "Casey can't move a lick" apparently you did not see how fast I got up to shoot. I think that I move pretty fast, and bank balls because I can't make them straight in. You are very wise and your observation of me is right on.

10-4 anyone?

If anybody gives you 10-4, call the police; he's just keepin' you occupied while his partners are robbin' your house. :heh

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

10-4 anyone?

Casey...that was just the Ghost bobbing and weaving :D I only said that cuz I was looking to bet on you :eek: and I was trying to get some odds...:heh