Tune up for Derby

shw

Verified Member
Anyone looking to tune up for the Derby in the Cincinnati or Indianapolis area? I'm in between the two and am looking for one-pocket or banks practice. Can play free, cheap, or more,.. depending on the opponent and the game.

PM me if interested.

shw

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Anyone looking to tune up for the Derby in the Cincinnati or Indianapolis area? I'm in between the two and am looking for one-pocket or banks practice. Can play free, cheap, or more,.. depending on the opponent and the game.

PM me if interested.

shw

I think U12armresl is in Indy. You might PM him.

Ranmar

From
Chicago
Vivian Marran

Vivian Marran

Post that you're looking for a game here https://www.vivianmarran.com/

It's a brand new website where anyone can post their tournaments and anyone can easily search for and sign up for tournaments.

I know for a fact that they are looking to start getting the word out. In your case you are just just kinda looking to fill a 2-man tournament...try it out. Can't hurt. Share the link of the post you create on facebook and twitter and let the social media storm blow your way...

Just my 2 cents.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Very nice to meet you today and thanks for the games! Looks like I have some more tuning up that needs to be done, hehe..

See you at the derby ~

shw

Verified Member
Nice meeting you too. That was a good session, competitive games on good equipment, in a relaxed atmosphere. I need a couple more sessions like that before the Derby.

A plug for Michael's Billiards (Fairfield, Ohio) here. Michael's is a damned nice place to play. The Diamond tables are always in great shape with plenty of room, a friendly staff, good food and drinks, all at fair prices.

shw

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
This off topic but want to inquire...Is Whitey or Joe Brown still playing in the area?

Also I may be coming through on 2/12 or 2/13 if anyone is interested in playing send me a pm or text 203-856-0918.

Hardmix

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Nice meeting you too. That was a good session, competitive games on good equipment, in a relaxed atmosphere. I need a couple more sessions like that before the Derby.

A plug for Michael's Billiards (Fairfield, Ohio) here. Michael's is a damned nice place to play. The Diamond tables are always in great shape with plenty of room, a friendly staff, good food and drinks, all at fair prices.

shw

I second that for Michael's for sure and also need all the practice I can get. :)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
This off topic but want to inquire...Is Whitey or Joe Brown still playing in the area?

Also I may be coming through on 2/12 or 2/13 if anyone is interested in playing send me a pm or text 203-856-0918.

Hardmix

They both were back when I was playing a lot more but that's been many years ago so I can't say for certain now. Joe used to play out of Airways in Dayton but would come down to Cincinnati quite a bit and in fact I saw him at Michael's less than a year ago when they had a handicap one pocket tournament put together by Dee Adkins.

(On a side note, Dee is supposed to be putting together another one too sometime not too far after the derby. I will post more details when I find out more about it)

oldroller

Verified Member

Hardmix

Valley Billiards Dayton

shw

Verified Member
About six month's ago, I asked about Whitey and they told me he was in there (Michael's) almost every Friday night. I don't know if that still holds or not.

They both were back when I was playing a lot more but that's been many years ago so I can't say for certain now. Joe used to play out of Airways in Dayton but would come down to Cincinnati quite a bit and in fact I saw him at Michael's less than a year ago when they had a handicap one pocket tournament put together by Dee Adkins.

(On a side note, Dee is supposed to be putting together another one too sometime not too far after the derby. I will post more details when I find out more about it)