One pocket with knives and guns!

Deeman

Verified Member
I may have mentioned that while watching Alex terrorize Mike D. At DCC, a guy was talking behind me saying how bored he got watching one pocket. How any lover of pool could have been bored at that match made me tell him next year we were gonna start using knives in the game.

That got me to thinking why this game, above all others but close to 3 cushion, holds our interest so much. I am a scientist, by way of education and avocation for decades. space, physics and even quantum mechanics, to the degree we understand them has ruled much of my waking life. In pool, you only glimpse that in rotation games in small bits and pieces while one pocket turning banks, light collisions and myriad scattering of a dozen balls tries you at every turn. Twisters, kisses and shortening and lengthening banks and kicks are every game not every month. :)

Long discussion made short, I kinda feel like folks who can't get excited about our game are just fish nibbling at the edges of the sport. My concession to 3 cushion, having only players a few dozen hours is that it is much the same.

So, for the guy behind me next year I propose we all wear Knives in our pants and pull one out on occasion during matches just to keep the fish awake in the stands.

DeeMan

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I may have mentioned that while watching Alex terrorize Mike D. At DCC, a guy was talking behind me saying how bored he got watching one pocket. How any lover of pool could have been bored at that match made me tell him next year we were gonna start using knives in the game.

That got me to thinking why this game, above all others but close to 3 cushion, holds our interest so much. I am a scientist, by way of education and avocation for decades. space, physics and even quantum mechanics, to the degree we understand them has ruled much of my waking life. In pool, you only glimpse that in rotation games in small bits and pieces while one pocket turning banks, light collisions and myriad scattering of a dozen balls tries you at every turn. Twisters, kisses and shortening and lengthening banks and kicks are every game not every month. :)

Long discussion made short, I kinda feel like folks who can't get excited about our game are just fish nibbling at the edges of the sport. My concession to 3 cushion, having only players a few dozen hours is that it is much the same.

So, for the guy behind me next year I propose we all wear Knives in our pants and pull one out on occasion during matches just to keep the fish awake in the stands.

DeeMan

Heh.

I think I'll just bring peanuts.... to feed the squirrels. :D