Columbus, OH

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I'll be flying into OSU Friday night and spending Saturday in Columbus. Any members in the area that would like to meet and play some?

Jim

youngstown

Verified Member
Columbus, OH

I'll be flying into OSU Friday night and spending Saturday in Columbus. Any members in the area that would like to meet and play some?

Jim

I would love to meet you and play some but I'm 3 hrs away and have her family coming in. If you would want to meet in Akron (Kings of Billiards) Sat evening, I might be able to arrange it. (There is a 4 pocket diamond blue label there that I'd love to try some 1p on...). It's prob 1.5 hrs drive for you tho.

Goldy

Verified Member

Jim

Hi Jim. There's an awesome tournament at Player's Family Billiards right around the corner from the Airport on 4380. E. Main St. Saturday. They have 9 very nice Diamond Smart Tables, and also 10 7' Diamond Bar boxes.

Come join us Saturday. There's plenty of games in there during the day, probably with some people you may know in the one pocket world. Kenny McCoy is a regular there. I'm sure you'll see him and introduce yourself, if you've never met him. Such a nice person.

If not? No worries. Whip out your phone, and come say hi in the chat room @ http://playersfamilybilliards.com/live

Tournament is 10-ball Derby City Classic Style, w/ Rebuys. On the barboxes as well, so the 9 footers will be plenty to shoot on, and enjoy the barbox tournament.

Attachments

• 13680685_10154151314031210_7165616708379307731_n.png
    13680685_10154151314031210_7165616708379307731_n.png
    386.3 KB · Views: 0

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Hey Jim,

That's going to be the place you want to play in Columbus (Where Goldy mentioned). I haven't been there in many years but I know that's where Chris Bartrum used to play and plays quite well I might add.

I would love to meet up and play some but I will have to see if the wife has any plans this weekend and also its a little over 2 hour drive for me.

If I am free Saturday, I would probably try to convince you to meet me halfway in Dayton, OH at Airways Billiards which should be a little over an hour drive for both of us.

I will try to find something out today and PM you later this afternoon.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Hey Jim,

That's going to be the place you want to play in Columbus (Where Goldy mentioned). I haven't been there in many years but I know that's where Chris Bartrum used to play and plays quite well I might add.

I would love to meet up and play some but I will have to see if the wife has any plans this weekend and also its a little over 2 hour drive for me.

If I am free Saturday, I would probably try to convince you to meet me halfway in Dayton, OH at Airways Billiards which should be a little over an hour drive for both of us.

I will try to find something out today and PM you later this afternoon.

I've been to Goldy's place several times. Very nice room. Chris Bartrum was there one time but he wouldn't play me cheap. I'll actually be around the corner from Bankshot billiards. OSU airport is on the N.W. side of town.

I'm not opposed to driving to Airway but I'm sharing the rental car with the other pilot. Last time I was in Detroit a couple of players were in from Dayton for some action, they said there is a new room south of Airway and that's where everyone is going now. I'll check with the other pilot and see if he wants to do a road trip

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Thanks for the heads-up, Goldy. I have relations in the Summit Station & Pataskala area, so when I'm up there for a visit, I'll look you up at the room.

~Doc

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I've been to Goldy's place several times. Very nice room. Chris Bartrum was there one time but he wouldn't play me cheap. I'll actually be around the corner from Bankshot billiards. OSU airport is on the N.W. side of town.

I'm not opposed to driving to Airway but I'm sharing the rental car with the other pilot. Last time I was in Detroit a couple of players were in from Dayton for some action, they said there is a new room south of Airway and that's where everyone is going now. I'll check with the other pilot and see if he wants to do a road trip

Yea Bartrum probably will not play cheap..he may be one of the better "gamblers" out there or at least used to be.

I was not aware of another pool room in Dayton but a quick search brought up Belmont Billiards, was that it?

Let me know what you find out from your other pilot guy and I will check with my better half to see if we can connect :)

baby huey

Verified Member
Pilot, when are you coming back to Ventura? I really enjoyed our match and the traps you laid down on me still keep me awake at night.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Pilot, when are you coming back to Ventura? I really enjoyed our match and the traps you laid down on me still keep me awake at night.

I'm supposed to have a trip out there before football season starts. I'm going to have to shoot a lot straighter next time. You'll be the first one I call.

Some day I'd also like to play Jay Helfert(spelling)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Yea Bartrum probably will not play cheap..he may be one of the better "gamblers" out there or at least used to be.

I was not aware of another pool room in Dayton but a quick search brought up Belmont Billiards, was that it?

Let me know what you find out from your other pilot guy and I will check with my better half to see if we can connect :)

I really won't know what's going on till Friday afternoon. I'll pm you my number

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks again Jim for meeting me half way, it was good to see you again and very nice to play you! I wish I could run the balls as well as you do, but I guess that's why I get a spot ;)

Sorry, btw I didn't know they only had red labels. I don't play enough to tell a big difference but they did bank a little differently....

Until next time, safe travels ~