Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2019, 04:21 PM
Verified Member

Bank the 4 into the opposite side of the stack preferably contacting the 8 moving balls to your side. Follow up the cb to the other side also. Whitey
Old 08-23-2019, 04:44 PM
Verified Member

2 rail kick aiming at the 8. Head rail -long rail.
Miss by a ball either way (the 7 or the 6)
And you are still ok.

Or, if your sober, bank the 1 straight back.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:16 PM
Verified Member

Bank the 4 into the six, cue ball with follow, off the long rail and back, freezing whitey on the 8. Now you've moved balls to the foot rail.
no link....
Old 08-23-2019, 05:58 PM
Verified Member

I may shoot the 2-4 combo bank and try to leave the cb on the middle diamond of the other end rail
Old 08-23-2019, 11:54 PM
Verified Member

I like two rail banking the 1 ball and sliding the cue ball three rails to about 1 diamond above the side pocket. probably try to bank the one to hit the balls by my pocket to both open them and perhaps make it
Old 08-24-2019, 09:43 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
I like two rail banking the 1 ball and sliding the cue ball three rails to about 1 diamond above the side pocket. probably try to bank the one to hit the balls by my pocket to both open them and perhaps make it
Now that I see it, if you want to be aggressive, this would be my choice. This is a makeable shot with good results if hit well and with good speed.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:04 AM
Verified Member

Pat is in great shape here, so the key is to maintain his advantage. I like Henderson's first shot of coming off the 13, two rails outta the upper corner, CB back to the stack. That's strictly a speed shot, and it's easy to under roll it.

I'd be looking at the bank-kick with the 4 ball, as others have mentioned. The key here IMO is to bank into the 6 ball full. If the 4 banks too high, the 6 will kick out, and put a ball into play for the opponent.

Resist the urge to play a Tony Chohan shot here (unless you're a top player). You're in good position.

~Doc
Old 08-24-2019, 04:38 PM
Verified Member

I would kick off the side rail with 9oclock english med. hard is the speed I would kick with. To me the kick looks like a very good option.

Dr. Bill
Old 08-24-2019, 04:42 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
I would kick off the side rail with 9oclock english med. hard is the speed I would kick with. To me the kick looks like a very good option.

Dr. Bill
My second choice would be to bank the 1ball three cushions using low right (5 oclock)

Dr. Bill
Old 08-24-2019, 06:34 PM
Verified Member

Default Ghost vs. Pat 35 wwyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie View Post
The 2rail safe off of the 5 is definitely a good option. It would be my 2nd choice. The shot that I like is banking the 4 into the 6/10 and following it with the cueball into the stack. I see very little downside with this based on how the balls in the cluster are situated. you will move more balls to your side and probably break up the line of balls on your long rail. You have to protect your pocket in this situation as a good player will move balls away from your hole if he gets a look. Uptable safes will hurt you here. Both of these shots protect your hole . Shoot the one that you are most comfortable with that you can execute. A good shot here makes you a big favorite to win this game

This is my shot also Nick. The only issue I have had once or twice (it lost me the set vs sniper in Nola) is that when the cue cane off the rail into the stack... the stack had been spread out by the originally hit OB and the cue leaked through, leaving him behind a plethora of balls facing his hole. It was awful lol. So, for that reason, I am conscious of not over cooking the porridge here . I also like the three railer but nit enough to choose it over the 4