From
vero beach fl
angel posted this pic'
im not familiar with these 2 people . charlie green and jerry hubbard ..:eek:
what can you tell me about them
picquestion.jpg

keoneyo

Verified Member
I saw Charlie Green play in '96 at the US Open in Kalamazoo. He used a lot of english on the rock. They taped one of his matches but Pat told me he wasnt going to put it in the catalogue.
It was 18 years ago but I am sure it was him.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
angel posted this pic'
View attachment 11340

Larry...they are/were both Chicago guys...

Jerry Hubbard was one of Bugs closest friends back in the day, and he was also one of Bug's stakehorses...

Charlie Green passed away a few years ago...I knew him for 45 years, from when, at age 19, I first started hanging around the Golden Cue in downtown Chicago - the Golden Cue was where Charlie played, and it was also where George Fels always played back then (the 60's-70's)...Charlie played all games good, but banks was his best game, which he played just a tad under top bankers like Jet, Piggybanks, and 'tough Tony'.

- Ghost

PS, And that's 'Racetrack Phil' behind Larry Schwartz in the picture...Phil was Freddy's partner in the old North Shore Billiard Club...Phil used to post on here - he also passed on about 1-1/2 years ago...that fukkin cancer got all three old friends of mine - Phil, Charlie, and Jet.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

Verified Member
angel posted this pic'
View attachment 11340

I payed Charlie Green once in St. Louis. I think we play $25 a game and right off I got in trouble when, in the first couple of games, he came with the two-rail, up and down bank to either win a game of start a run. I think that at the time it was not a shot generally played in St. Louis, so when he shot it it came as something of a surprise to me and the rail birds. He really was a talented banker and you had guard against leaving him any two or three-railers.

Anywhos, he got three of four up, I got back to even, and he quit.

Lou Figueroa