Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna View Post
Briefly, you need 4 balls to win. There are only 3 make able balls on the table. He only needs 2 balls to win. He can win and you cant. Case closed. Therefore, the only shot is rail first on the pink (4?) ball with speed. The cue ball goes 4 rails and back to the head rail. Ball gets spotted, now you can win too. At worst you will leave a 2 in the side or a tricky straight back on those balls on the head rail. I would address more issues, your choice, etc. but Dickbrain drained my creative juices.

Beard

Now you are learning, with that Master Beard stuff.
Freddy,

I set this up yesterday and it didn't go well. Probably in part because I haven't played in 7 months but also because it's a very tough shot shooting at it from a diagonal corner. I was on a GC and I tried it with the ball deep and with it sticking out a little more. I'll try it again today or tomorrow.

Dennis
Old 03-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
Freddy,

I set this up yesterday and it didn't go well. Probably in part because I haven't played in 7 months but also because it's a very tough shot shooting at it from a diagonal corner. I was on a GC and I tried it with the ball deep and with it sticking out a little more. I'll try it again today or tomorrow.

Dennis
What makes you think that he would agree with you, even if you try it again and again with little success? He didn't believe me when I tried to explain the same thing. And your not even a doctor.

Dr. Bill
Old 03-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
What makes you think that he would agree with you, even if you try it again and again with little success? He didn't believe me when I tried to explain the same thing. And your not even a doctor.

Dr. Bill
I never seek agreement with my shot choices Bill, like you I have bet (my own) serious cash in tough games and I make up my own mind as to the shot, just like you do.

I knew it was a tough shot but I didn't realize till yesterday when I shot it that the reason why was because it's so difficult to judge when you're shooting almost straight at it. Very tough to hit the rail first and hit the ball properly from that diagonal angle.

It's a tough f@@kin' shot and I know now that I'd shoot the 6/8 forever. Plus, I like leaving the rock on the headrail and knocking the balls downtable. If he beats me from there we'll play another.

P.S. Bill, you really need an avatar. Learn how to do it or have someone help you. May I suggest this one:

Name:  Uncle Sig.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  23.8 KB

Dennis
Old 03-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna View Post
That's funny. I know just what you mean about 'not worrying about things like that'. Once I was on a plane 30 years ago flyihng to Atlantic City with a guy on some gambling trip for free. It was a two night three day deal and you were suppose to stay at Harrahs and gamble (yea, good luck with that). Anyway my friend pulled out this camera. I said "What the **** is that thing?" He said it's a new camera I bought for our trip. He said he had never been to AC and would definitely be taking some photos. I said "What are you? A ****** or something?"But now it's different. I wish I had pics of many of the things I have seen. At that time I had never had a camera or taken a single picture in my life. I even made sure my photo did not appear in my high school yearbook in my Jr. or Sr. year. (1968-69). I knew cops used them as mug shot substitutes to ID young suspects, and I was well on my way to being one (many times)....:(

Very paranoid. You have company tho. Our Presidents picture doesnt appear in his Columbia College year book either. ??? He must have been pretty insistent about, "don't kiss and tell," because not one single old girl friend has ever once come forth and said, " I usta do him." Unlike all those that snitched on Clinton.
Within a week the press found every girl Tiger Woods had diddled all the way back to 5th grade.

Beard[/QUOTE]

Paranoid huh? Now I sound like Eddie Robbin. I went back and read the threads he got involved in and I was ashamed at how I treated that poor guy. He was taking it from all sides I just piled on him too. But he could dish it out too. I figured he would burn out fast. I wish to God Artie would come back with Eddie and get in a lively discussion with the champions on here. Yes you need to make certain that girls realize the importance of being discreet and keeping things quiet. This next clip shows the time I was having a drive with a young, precious, and most precocious girl. Notice how I have total control over her every word and action...

Old 03-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
Freddy,

Dennis
I told you!!! Oh excuse me,that was your shot also. John B.