Seniors and Super Seniors Tournaments

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
We all know the clocks ticking and you guys are closer to end than the beginning :( and you all had so much fun at the tournament and a year is a long time the older you get...how about this idea.

Stagger a Seniors One Pocket and the Super Seniors One Pocket about 6 months apart.

I would love to set up a Seniors event (I can't even play for years) and have it where the Super Seniors only paid half the entry if they chose to play and the top 2 out of the money got paid.

It really seemed like it was more about the getting together than totally about the tournament and this might be another way to do it.

Since there's so many good players over 60 y/o some of the guys might not want to play but half the entry to play Parica, Efren, Melrose, Wiseman, Ghost, Ike, Hopkins, Varner, etc etc might entice some of them to get together twice a year.

I'm out of town but when I get back home I'm going to start checking on it.

Let me know what you think.

I'd certainly like a seniors to be considered

I'm ready to turn of age ( :) well actually not ready :eek: - how time flies when you're not having fun ) but l would seriously appreciate such an event. Don't know how much I have left in the tank but would love to find out. I'm sure it would be a good time

Give it some serious thought, I'm in

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
We all know the clocks ticking and you guys are closer to end than the beginning :( and you all had so much fun at the tournament and a year is a long time the older you get...how about this idea.

Stagger a Seniors One Pocket and the Super Seniors One Pocket about 6 months apart.

I would love to set up a Seniors event (I can't even play for years) and have it where the Super Seniors only paid half the entry if they chose to play and the top 2 out of the money got paid.

It really seemed like it was more about the getting together than totally about the tournament and this might be another way to do it.

Since there's so many good players over 60 y/o some of the guys might not want to play but half the entry to play Parica, Efren, Melrose, Wiseman, Ghost, Ike, Hopkins, Varner, etc etc might entice some of them to get together twice a year.

I'm out of town but when I get back home I'm going to start checking on it.

Let me know what you think.

In keeping with current events, yes, you could say our group of super seniors is on the short timers list, we are all definately in the 4th quarter, and some of us could even be hearing the two minute warning. That is precisely why this was a great success, it let us be competitive again, it gave us new life and refreshed old memories, it let us get together on a personal level with people from all over the country, people who we would never have had a chance to meet in person. Yes, we are old, but we ain't dead yet and at times, we can still bring it.

I like the idea of a senior tournament, I believe it would be a hit among fans of the game as well as the eligible players. Some serious thought should probably be given to the minimum age requirement though, seeing as how Efren is about 60 and is still a viable choice to win on the flat belly tour. 65 and up would prolly draw a nice # of entrants and would be competitive except for the likes of Jose Parica and a couple of others.

Staggering it to accommodate the Super Seniors event is also a good idea in my opinion, however the Super Senior may reemerge again in 6 months and become a bi-annual event. It's all so new now and nobody knows for sure where it will go from here, but us old guys are hopeful it will continue at least once a year, if not twice.

Whatever happens with the Senior event, if it's held here in Houston at Bogies I would definitely play in it, or if it's within reasonable driving distance I would certainly consider playing in it. I'm for it, regardless of the venue, I think it would be a good thing for the guys not old enough to play the Super Senior and a good thing for the fans of the game.

I hope you try to put it together, I wish you success, good luck.

Jeff Sparks

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Wait just a minute. High moral standards, but yet a long time friend of yours. There seems to be a little conflict between those two statements...;):D

~Doc
[/
Hello doc,
It's good to hear from you too!
Yep, despite numerous attempts to bring him down to my level, he has stood the test of time and refrained from lowering his moral standards. That is why I'm sure the Super Senior event is in the right hands.;):D:eek:;)