Corey Deuel vs. Johnny Stone 2009 D.C.C.#5

John Brumback

Verified Member
Well Bille, I like you too but what does JB woofin have to do with me playing him banks? I already offered to gamble with him in this thread and he declined due to his over-woofin.

Anyway, I have a busy itinerary for the next several months:

I have to scoot down to Australia and play Federer some tennis,

Then on to England to play Michael Clarke some cricket,

Then to L.A. to shoot free-throws with Kobe,

While on the west coast I have a match in a Homerun Derby scheduled with Barry Bonds (if he doesn't chicken out),

Then to Florida to play Tiger a round of expensive golf.

The last match sceduled for me is to play the 8 yr. old Tiddly-Winks champion of Michigan in a race to 100 for his lunch money (probably more than I could win from any poolplayer).

If I have any time (or money) left I'll consider a matchup with JB. Would I also have to play him even like all of these other nits want me to do (even though I never challenged him at the game)?

Being a good player Bille doesn't give a person free rein to make outrageous & unsubstantiated claims without being called out by someone who knows better. I have not made any such claims but I appreciate that you'll bet on the world's top banker against me.

Dennis

Good one!!I just wonder how long It took you to come up with all that? Yes I overed woofed.I'm going to more carefull round here.Sometimes I think I can make everything:lol John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
John is saying, and rightfully so, that the 8 ball is a harder shot (because it requires a cut. The six is a full hit). The 8 is closer but the cut angle increases the difficulty.

Beard

Yes and thanks for clearing that up,Fred.John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
john b would shoot piggy,perica,cole,and macreadys nuts off wouldnt even be close they could all probably get a ball even when they were playin. So id say that he knows the right shot. And dennis you sound like your a dick.

TJ,I think you should say your sorry to Mr.Dennis and go sit In the corner.That was very rude.You should know better.And besides that he will come back and grille you like you have never ever seen:eek: Easy TJ,easy son.
John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
I don't know why it's all-of-a-sudden anybody else's business if JB and I want to tease back & forth with each other as we do on occasion but just to let everybody know, it's none of your business.

TJ, as long as you feel so free to introduce namecalling into this thread let me say that you sound like a fag.

Dennis

Yeah!! It's none of your all's business.That last line Is a good one hehe.I'll come up there,If you'll let me bet that I can make that 6 more than half of the time.And more than half of the time means 6 out of 10,Incase you don't understand that.:p I'll quit woofin If ya'll quit with the name calling.What are ya'll 6 or somthin?:lol No harm no foul.What's that mean? John B.

TJOHIO

whats wrong with me being"gay" is the proper term we dont use the word fag its not politically correct.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Young Cole

Young Cole

Ok Mr. Beard,I never was very good at woofin anyway.Keith beat me one time playin banks when I was like 18 or 19.Your right,he never played safe and I didn't have enough bullets.I never did get to see Cole play banks.John B.

First time I ever seen Cole was in Bensingers. He was on the way to Johnston City. He was only 16 or 17. I hustled him to play banks and he said yes. I steered him over to table 14, a 5 x 10, and he proceeded to bank 8 and out the very first game! I could see he didnt know the game and I wasnt too easy to run off back then, so I stayed with him and wound up breaking him. Cole was always a "through ticket." I had to get him a place to stay for awhile with a friend of mine because his girl friend run off and went back to California.

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
First time I ever seen Cole was in Bensingers. He was on the way to Johnston City. He was only 16 or 17. I hustled him to play banks and he said yes. I steered him over to table 14, a 5 x 10, and he proceeded to bank 8 and out the very first game! I could see he didnt know the game and I wasnt too easy to run off back then, so I stayed with him and wound up breaking him. Cole was always a "through ticket." I had to get him a place to stay for awhile with a friend of mine because his girl friend run off and went back to California.

Beard

Wow! Seems like a cool guy.I met him at the dcc for the first time.I don't think he ever came around here,back then did he? I watched him play a onepocket match and that stroke looked scary good! John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
JOe Burns

JOe Burns

Wow! Seems like a cool guy.I met him at the dcc for the first time.I don't think he ever came around here,back then did he? I watched him play a onepocket match and that stroke looked scary good! John B.

He played in all the Joe Burns tourns in Dayton in the 70s. And the Burlington tourns.

Beard

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
An Observation

An Observation

I don't know why it's all-of-a-sudden anybody else's business if JB and I want to tease back & forth with each other as we do on occasion but just to let everybody know, it's none of your business.

Dennis

Then perhaps you should not hold forth is a PUBLIC PLACE.

Put_upor_shutup

Well I'm better than 80% on that 6ball straightback.If ya know how to hit this shot..It's a hanger lol.Your really not going to get a much eaiser shot.
I got a method that makes the pocket play huge,though.John B.

This shot feels like a hanger sometime..If they are watching u shoot ha ha..Im in..Fire in the hole...

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Then perhaps you should not hold forth is a PUBLIC PLACE.

You searched six days worth of threads and posts and as you sat alone in your dark room with absolutely nothing better to do than write gibberish such as this the best you could come up with is to critique me? If I were you and had such a miserable existence I would go out and shoot myself in the head.

If you wouldn't say this to my face then you shouldn't write it online either and you are much too much of a coward to say it to my face. You are an asshole Dave and you have been for a long time.

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
They were awfully close. I played both of them a lot of bank pool. If you were going to fool with them you had better have your A game. Keep in mind Cole has been a dead potato for the last 30 years. Keith, maybe only the last ten. Both played the exact same style. Shoot at the moon. If you could ride out their barrages, you could eventually break 'em down.

Beard

They didnt do good in tournaments because they didnt sleep, didnt prepare, and took booze and drugs. Gambling was a different story.

Yeah it was, they took more drugs, and less booze..:cool: (sleeping was optional)

Last edited:

mohrt

Verified Member
From
Lincoln NE
Yeah!! It's none of your all's business.That last line Is a good one hehe.I'll come up there,If you'll let me bet that I can make that 6 more than half of the time.And more than half of the time means 6 out of 10,Incase you don't understand that.:p I'll quit woofin If ya'll quit with the name calling.What are ya'll 6 or somthin?:lol No harm no foul.What's that mean? John B.

After watching that DVD and understand how John shoots these banks, I'd give him 10/10 and *maybe* 9/10 on his own table. On good equipment he should still make that 9/10. It's a hanger :lol

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Hey Ducky, glad you're here. Do you think it would be tougher to play golf (on a course) or pool when high and/or drunk???

RBL

Not even close..I can play scratch golf, drunk/high/whatever, with a blindfold on, and a guide dog...Pretty tough to do that on a pool table, my dog's paws keep getting in the way..:cool: (believe me, I've tried)..:p

Last edited:

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
How many mg of Thorazine are you supposed to be taking every 6 hours??

How many mg of Thorazine are you supposed to be taking every 6 hours??

You searched six days worth of threads and posts and as you sat alone in your dark room with absolutely nothing better to do than write gibberish such as this the best you could come up with is to critique me? If I were you and had such a miserable existence I would go out and shoot myself in the head.

If you wouldn't say this to my face then you shouldn't write it online either and you are much too much of a coward to say it to my face. You are an asshole Dave and you have been for a long time.

Dennis

Actually it was a post of 1 PM the same day.

As for sitting alone in a dark room, it is not I who constantly seem compelled to post visual snippets of real honest pool games. I actually prefer the poorly lit, though not too dark, rooms where billiards and such are practiced, hopefully by folks like you .... you know ... folks who think they a gambling.

I was not rendering a critique but pointing out that this is a public forum and subject to very limited, if any, expectations of privacy.

I would be more than happy to repeat my statement to your face. We could do it over a pool table next time I am in your neighborhood.

At least you are correct about the "long time" part. And I cannot get upset over being called an asshole: as the old expression goes, "Shsssssssssssh ! They are playing my song!"

Now, go back to your room.

Betdapot

Verified Member
I have seen John B play a few times the last couple of years and he is playing lights out bank pool I was around when keith was playing in his prime and hung around Gary in Cincy in the late 80s seen a lot of bank pool imo keith wins at 1 pocket and 9ball vs John but I like John B in banks by a margin