Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2019, 09:12 AM
Verified Member

Here is a link to a video of two approaches to this situation.
I'm sorry for the poor quality of this video. It doesn't come up to the standards I try to maintain but for some reason which I don't understand the video would not upload at the HD quality. I've not had this issue before so it has me stumped.
Anyway. Here it is but I doubt I'll leave this one up very long so if you plan to watch it, do it soon. Runs about 8 minutes.

https://youtu.be/z9wpb9C-wpQ

Thanks,

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com
Old 09-15-2019, 09:55 AM
Verified Member

Default Ghost vs. John 45 wwyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post

I'm sorry for the poor quality of this video. It doesn't come up to the standards I try to maintain but for some reason which I don't understand the video would not upload at the HD quality. I've not had this issue before so it has me stumped.

Anyway. Here it is but I doubt I'll leave this one up very long so if you plan to watch it, do it soon. Runs about 8 minutes.

Thanks,

Tom

Thatís some strong Sauce right there, Tom. Nice!!! As I mentioned early on.. for me those are the shots, and in that order. (8,3). Iíd like to think I would run out the same way too 😂
Old 09-15-2019, 10:51 AM
Verified Member

very nice shooting Tom!!
Old 09-15-2019, 11:55 AM
Verified Member

Quote:

Thanks,

Tom
i need a bigger spot......
nice shooting tom
Old 09-15-2019, 02:57 PM
Verified Member

tom seems to be one of the few older players that have kept a top speed of play.
shows how if you keep in decent shape you can play well a long time not like other sports.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:57 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
tom seems to be one of the few older players that have kept a top speed of play.
shows how if you keep in decent shape you can play well a long time not like other sports.
Indeed, he pockets balls nicely.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:28 PM
Verified Member

Tom, you make everything look so easy. Last night I made a similar bank on the 8 at the Rack. Thanks for the vid. I never get tired of watching and listening to the music.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:49 PM
Verified Member

Quote:

Thanks,

Tom
As always , awesome shooting and thanks for the video.
You hit the eight ball as perfectly as anyone could.
But, given the fact that the ball near the side pocket {7?}was so close to the small line the 8 had to follow to pocket , I wonder what happens if you mishit the 8 by 1/2 an inch and tickie off that ball with the 8.
Doesn't that probably leave a good pocket speed bank, at opponents hole with a soft draw shot to bury you in the stack?
That is my reasoning for the 3 vs 8 .
Also did the 3 need to be hit that hard to hold up ?
Or could it have been hit pocket speed?
Thanks very much.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Thanks,

Tom
Tom thanks for the great plug for onepocket.org also!!! I noticed in the comments a player by the name of Andy Harris commented that he had trouble registering. I am happy to help anyone having trouble but usually the issue is that they never confirmed their email address. If Andy contacts me I can fix him up.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:30 PM
Verified Member

Yes Billy, Banking the eight ball requires it to come rather close to clipping the seven. This happened a couple times in my out takes but no harm done with the exception of giving up the cross bank on the six. Not good but not all bad either because when clipping the seven the eight actually came down and moved the six toward the foot rail. Admittedly just blind luck there.

Now with regard to the three ball bank. In all fairness there were down sides to that shot too. Don't cut the ball quite enough and the ball comes off the point in way that can't be anticipated. One time it splattered the stack! Ouch!

Other times by cutting the ball a hair too much the three did what I suggested earlier and moved both it and the two to the side rail creating a traffic jam there and the foot rail was a free area for a return safety.

Which shot was the better of the two? I'd say they both had there pluses and minuses. I do wish to say that by banking the three the eight ball becomes an excellent break ball should you get the proper angle.

So, I conclude with either shot can work just as well and I guess it just depends on some minor influence here and there which determines which is better at the time.

thank you all for watching and commenting on my video. As far as my shooting skills go I've got to admit I'm playing on equipment I am familiar with and the pocket size is comfortable to me 4 1/2"

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com