bank pool as art

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
ive always seen bank shots as more of beautiful art than anything else..... to me, theres nothing more gorgeous in pool than watching a nicely executed bank, and even better, several in a row. just wondering if anyone else ever felt that way.....

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
ive always seen bank shots as more of beautiful art than anything else..... to me, theres nothing more gorgeous in pool than watching a nicely executed bank, and even better, several in a row. just wondering if anyone else ever felt that way.....
When you watch some players, absolutely! The precision in execution is what gets my attention, for sure. I mean, a long straight back even though it is just one rail, might be a 17 foot shot! A four railer must be well over 20. Those are definitely beautiful banks!

At Derby City the Banks division is a race to three short rack (9 balls) Banks, and I believe is winner break. As far as I know, no one has quite run out a set (15 balls) but I believe a couple of players have run 13. John B might know. I think Truman Hogue was one of the guys to come close.

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
truman got 13 in a row i believe..... killer miller ran 2 5s and a 3 or 4 but i m not sure how many were in a row but still pretty good--there some video of john banking balls--29 out of 30--all i can say is wow--thats very strong for anyone.....

youngstown

Verified Member
bank pool as art

Orcullo had a great match against Richie R the year before last I think...Richie had one inning maybe two with no actual shot

youngstown

Verified Member
bank pool as art

Banks is a lot of fun to watch, but I'm enjoying 1p videos more and more...if the commentators are good

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
I see all billiards, at a high level, where you actually learn and apply knowledge, a work of art

I grew up on 8ball, Now I'm on to carom billiards, not just 3c,

The free game, seen as the most simple, I find beauty in the gather shots

Each of the 3 balkline games, I see beauty in the technicality, and the ability to control where each of The ball's are

But any billiard game, pocket or carom, at a high level, 9 ball to my favorite 14.1 or one pocket, to free game or 3c, the most difficult of all games, to be a wonderful display of knowledge and skill

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
speaking of bank pool as art, im sure some of us know that trick shot where we shoot the cb really hard from the head of the table to the foot and the cb bounces towards you and you catch it...... well a couple days ago i was at a bar goofing off with a buddy and i was freewheeling and i had one of those electric chair banks--i hit it at rocket speed and it went airborne immediately into the opposite side pocket--just perfect, a true work of art--made these before, but none looked this perfect...... wish i had video of it......