Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2018, 02:02 PM
Verified Member

Default danny jeremy #38

its EDIT IT IS DANNY'S SHOT
he has run 4 balls and left himself here
inow ball score danny 4..jeremy 1
wwyd ?
Name:  danny jj wwyd 1.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  52.7 KB

Last edited by lll; 06-16-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Verified Member

It's Danny's shot or Jeremy's shot?
Old 06-16-2018, 02:28 PM
Verified Member

Default danny jeremy #38

If itís Dannyís shot Iím cutting the 13 in and going to the rail to kick the 9 towards my hole. Chance to get out.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:42 PM
Verified Member

Assuming I had adequate firepower to pocket the 13 ball, that is the shot. I don't think I can get to the 9 ball while pocketing the 13 ball, not to mention if I did hit the 13 ball too thin and did get to the 9 ball off the long rail the scratch is eminent, so just focus on making the ball and get out.

Last edited by darmoose; 06-16-2018 at 02:44 PM. Reason: edit
Old 06-16-2018, 02:45 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybanks View Post
It's Danny's shot or Jeremy's shot?
Makes sense that it's Danny's shot, he has run four balls and is looking at how he will deal with the 9ball. I think.

I like kicking off the bottom rail into the 9ball sending it to the side rail and then cross table toward your side of the table. The speed of the kick should be a medium speed to safely control the cue ball.

IMO, playing the 13ball is not advisable because of the degree of difficulty the shot carries coupled with how the balls lie. If you notice the balls clearly favor Jeremy and the only balls that can be pocketed in Danny's pocket are the 13ball and the 1ball. However, Jermy's side of the table looks like a shooting gallery with how the balls are laying. The only way I would shoot the 13ball is if I felt that I was at least a 90% favorite to pocket it. IMO.

Dr. Bill

Last edited by wincardona; 06-16-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:46 PM
Verified Member

it seems like if your cutting the thirteen it makes sense to break to the balls in the center and still have the 1. If the shot on the 13 seems to difficult to play I still kinda like playing off the 13 to move the cluster in the center so they don't favor Jeremy so much and taking out the 9 not sure if that angle is there though. if that angle is not there I would tr to get the 9 ball on rail at the balls in the center and let the cue ball go up table. over all i feel like if you don't deal with the balls in the center your gonna be in a bad place the next shot.
Attached Images

Last edited by catkins; 06-16-2018 at 04:22 PM. Reason: trying to figure out photo editing
Old 06-16-2018, 03:49 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
Makes sense that it's Danny's shot, he has run four balls and is looking at how he will deal with the 9ball. I think.

I like kicking off the bottom rail into the 9ball sending it to the side rail and then cross table toward your side of the table. The speed of the kick should be a medium speed to safely control the cue ball.

Dr. Bill
i would definitely not leave the cueball down table where Jeremy would have an easy bank and a chance to run out. i would shoot your shot but would move the nine ball towards my side with a thin hit and send the cueball past the center of the table.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:00 PM
Verified Member

To avoid the possible sell out if the kick below the 9 results in an easy and safe bank or cut shot, I might just make the 9 which would allow me to control the cue ball with more certainty than on the kick and bring it up to the top left corner
Old 06-16-2018, 05:01 PM
Verified Member

I'm going to take a serious look at caroming the thirteen off one of the several balls along that string, sending the cue ball softly behind the nine. (From the photo,I'd think the five or twelve looks best.) My primary focus will on the cue ball. Cat, I think you mentioned this possibility. If there is no natural angle permitting this shot then I will focus on removing the nine in such away as to get the cue ball back up and on Jeremy's side of the table and the nine on my side.

The cut on thirteen looks tempting but the cue ball will be moving quickly and that could cause problems when attempting to run it towards the nine. The carom may allow for a more controlled and softer hit into the rail side of the nine. This should substantially reduce the risk of a scratch.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

Last edited by Tom Wirth; 06-16-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:13 PM
Verified Member

Shooting at the 13 whilst trying to get the cue ball behind the 9 doesn't look possible without putting some top spin on it, which makes it really hard to control. Even if you don't scratch, unless you cinch the 9, or leave it in the jaws, you've sold out a bank shot. Going for a carom rather than the cut on the 13 doesn't improve your chances of getting behind the 9 without scratching.