S. Murphy vs. S.V.B. 2013 D.C.C.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Uhhhhhh, Billy is probably posting using his phone, duh.

PS. It looks like theirs no good shot so I guess you have to take an intentional from that spot. :lol

This is Bill Incardona and i'm not using my phone now, i'm in Chicago at the Beards house, just finished playing him a few sets of banks and one pocket..splitting out both sets. Actually I felt sorry for him and allowed him a few extra innings at the table and that's all he needed thinking I was a dead man.:lol However, he surprised me with his stellar play and stole the last two games.:(

Back to the topic of this thread. :D The most important bit of information I tried to share with whomever was interested was......not shooting shots that you can only lose with and can't win with....when there are other options. (drawing off the 1ball) Hacker..do you understand that?:p Hows my spelling? That goes in spades when playing against top players, you can get away with doing that against weaker players but not against top players. However, whenever you're on the lemon or dumping then that shot now becomes the correct shot. ;):D:D

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
This is Bill Incardona and i'm not using my phone now, i'm in Chicago at the Beards house, just finished playing him a few sets of banks and one pocket..splitting out both sets. Actually I felt sorry for him and allowed him a few extra innings at the table and that's all he needed thinking I was a dead man.:lol However, he surprised me with his stellar play and stole the last two games.

Back to the topic of this thread. The most important bit of information I tried to share with whomever was interested was......not shooting shots that you can only lose with and can't win with....when there are other options. (drawing off the 1ball) Hacker..do you understand that?:p Hows my spelling? That goes in spades when playing against top players, you can get away with doing that against weaker players but not against top players. However, whenever you're on the lemon or dumping then that shot now becomes the correct shot.

Dr. Bill

Billy we have played 3 times now and im still waiting for you to shoot one of those shots you win on:lol:lol:p:sorry Once again Billy you are expecting to win this debate backing a shot that lost the game:lol:lol The one railer on the 1 ball appears to be a shot you can only lose with... its batting 100% so far:lol
So much for every shot can't be a homerun... Billy I. advocates swinging for the fences on every pitch... unfortunately Billy strikes out as much as Dave Kingman and Bobby Bonds combined!! ( for you real young guys look those 2 up)

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
One of the few to spell it right. I like to match up and gamble. I have only played a few times in 8 months. I'm easy to get a line on. What are you giving up? Justin Cone said he would like to match up with someone also.

we have played before.. we played even 9 ball and you wouldn't bet more than $ 20 a game we were even and I kept asking you to bet $ 50 or $ 100 a game and you kept saying no, so after about an hour or so I quit even. I couldn't take it anymore

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Bill I would lovr to get a player that played even with Hacket and play this prop. The draw shot with the 1ball is a very weak shot ypu can only lose shooting it you cant win I understand the bank on the 1ball is a difficult hit but it carries a much more tewarf than the fraw shot. Ill take gentile he cs n plsy my end against hacker with my shit shot
Dr Bill

I thought from your shot selections you might be drunk or on drugs... after I read this post of yours it confirmed it.. What were you dictating to Artie B. and he was doing the typing?:lol Holy shit... I do have to agree with you the one railer on the 1 ball does carry much more TEWARF than my FRAW shot.. you got me there!!:p Thats nice of you taking a guy that plays 9 to 7 better than me.. LOL Its your shot you shoot it.. Im sure everyone on here would love to see you play 1 ball one pocket... just think of how much they would learn:D

This is Bill Incardona and i'm not using my phone now, i'm in Chicago at the Beards house, just finished playing him a few sets of banks and one pocket..splitting out both sets. Actually I felt sorry for him and allowed him a few extra innings at the table and that's all he needed

Dr. Bill

I find this all funny as hell. I had been thinking about a documentary I watched about scopolamine the other day, and I was thinking The Beard might have jarred Dr. Bill after reading a certain post, because most of his messages are typed out like a pro. Reminds me of a time at a semi-famous spot called The Appollo Lounge where the owner would go off like a bottle rocket. A young fellow I was sort of friendly with asked me about playing somebody and if I wanted to do something. I told him he might could win if he was really in dead punch. He started saying he had to win to fix his swamp buggy and something about messing up the flux and putting a warp in the space time continum. I excused myself and said I think I have to go pick up somebody at the airport. Be back later. The Hacker has some humor though. He can unleash hell on somebody when he really wants to. lmao. This site is very TEWARFING to me.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
after looking at this thread for days i have just 2 comments. first i went to my poolroom today and picked up a cue and played the 1 rail bank 2 times. i did not pocket the ball either time but i left it close to my pocket both times and both times left the cueball uptable on my side of the table pretty much straight on the object ball. i would be satisfied leaving my opponent in that position. next i want to say to billy, it may be time to put that 24 hour rule you campaigned for several months ago on this thread. keith

SJDinPHX

Suspended
after looking at this thread for days i have just 2 comments. first i went to my poolroom today and picked up a cue and played the 1 rail bank 2 times. i did not pocket the ball either time but i left it close to my pocket both times and both times left the cueball uptable on my side of the table pretty much straight on the object ball. i would be satisfied leaving my opponent in that position. next i want to say to billy, it may be time to put that 24 hour rule you campaigned for several months ago on this thread. keith

You are right Keith,

Thats the amazing thing about these WWYD offerings... Hard to believe this shot generated over 100 comments, given so few options...I saw the one railer, as the best option, the first time I glanced at it...Anyone who doesn't like it in that spot, is IMO, shooting the wrong shot..Speed on both the object ball, and the cue ball, is optimal for getting it close, and leaving your oppo 9 feet away..If your going to play safe on THAT shot, you might as well go home and hide under the bed..:rolleyes:

PS..By the way, if you catch it pure...it IS possible to make the ball !...AND, I don't care who's up next..even if you do hit it as bad as Shane did, (which a good player would rarely do)... the game ain't necessarily over....is it ? :eek:

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
You are right Keith,

Thats the amazing thing about these WWYD offerings... Hard to believe this shot generated over 100 comments, given so few options...I saw the one railer, as the best option, the first time I glanced at it...Anyone who doesn't like it in that spot, is IMO, shooting the wrong shot..Speed on both the object ball, and the cue ball, is optimal for getting it close, and leaving your oppo 9 feet away..If your going to play safe on THAT shot, you might as well go home and hide under the bed..:rolleyes:

PS..By the way, if you catch it pure...it IS possible to make the ball !...AND, I don't care who's up next..even if you do hit it as bad as Shane did, (which a good player would rarely do)... the game ain't necessarily over....is it ? :eek:
The problem with trying to "catch it pure" to make it is exactly what happened with Shane -- in fact if he had hit it a hair "better" it might have buckled out of the upper corner and left a shot anyway. If I had played that bank I would have essentially played it to miss it because of being afraid to get caught on that upper pocket. So at that point, I would have been playing a safety, not really an offensive shot. If you are playing a safety anyway, then the next logical question is, "Is that the best safety available?"

backplaying

Verified Member
we have played before.. we played even 9 ball and you wouldn't bet more than $ 20 a game we were even and I kept asking you to bet $ 50 or $ 100 a game and you kept saying no, so after about an hour or so I quit even. I couldn't take it anymore

If it was at the Rack&Cue in Cullman, Al, I had just started back playing after no pool for over 15 years and couldn't beat anyone. I think you had beat Tedder in Birmingham and beat the 12 ball ghost, is this about right? Like I said, I'm not hard to get a line on and I would guess I have bet as much as anyone in Al in the last few yrs. Justin Cone told me to tell you that he has a good stakehorse if you want to play some. He can only play on the weekend since he works during the week but wants to match up with someone.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
So at that point, I would have been playing a safety, not really an offensive shot. If you are playing a safety anyway, then the next logical question is, "Is that the best safety available?"

I agree Steve, there are dozens of 'safety only' options. (ANY of which would be better than making the one in the side, ala Hacker ;))... But there is only ONE 'offensive safety', that puts the ball 'near' your pocket, and forces your opponent to deal with it from 9 ft away, possibly shooting from off the rail !...IMO, a 3-railer from that spot, is not even an option...The point I was trying to make is...the game is NOT necessarily over, even if you butcher the shot, (as Shane did, or anyone might) as long as you get the cue ball some where near where you want it...I thought that was 'one pocket 101' ???

I agree with you about the one rail bank to the bottom rail where both balls will have the proper speed. Not only is that shot somewhat offensive but it also is one of best defensive shots if hit fairly decent.
The worse that could happen is if you miss hit it to the point of the corner pocket and the ball leaks out to the middle of the table (very unlikely), or you might pocket the ball and it goes on the spot.

PS..By the way, Keith (Sappo) plays a decent game, but he is NOT Shane or Efren...It seemed to work OK for him ! ;)

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Hello to you too Keith. By the way, what day in the thread did you snap and try the shots?. Maybe now that you offered your opinion on the options, othets may follow and learn something too.
:)

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
The problem with trying to "catch it pure" to make it is exactly what happened with Shane -- in fact if he had hit it a hair "better" it might have buckled out of the upper corner and left a shot anyway. If I had played that bank I would have essentially played it to miss it because of being afraid to get caught on that upper pocket. So at that point, I would have been playing a safety, not really an offensive shot. If you are playing a safety anyway, then the next logical question is, "Is that the best safety available?"

Steve you are right with your observations on the shot. The one railer isnt worth a shit in this situation. I love when guys are so thick headed that they want to keep endorsing a shot the best in the world lost the game shooting LMFAO The best shot available was to bank the 1 ball softly to the end rail and back up to the 2nd diamond and floatling the cueball cross table to your side. From there your opponent has nothing and he sure as hell wont win the game like he did following the shot these LEGENDS endorsed LOL:rolleyes:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I agree Steve, there are dozens of 'safety only' options. (ANY of which would be better than making the one in the side, ala Hacker ;))... But there is only ONE 'offensive safety', that puts the ball 'near' your pocket, and forces your opponent to deal with it from 9 ft away, possibly shooting from off the rail !...IMO, a 3-railer from that spot, is not even an option...The point I was trying to make is...the game is NOT necessarily over, even if you butcher the shot, (as Shane did, or anyone might) as long as you get the cue ball some where near where you want it...I thought that was 'one pocket 101' ???

PS..By the way, Keith (Sappo) plays a decent game, but he is NOT Shane or Efren...It seemed to work OK for him ! ;)

I have a feeling the reason you retired from pool is you shot too many of those... I KNOW I CAN MAKE THIS SHOT.. when you were gambling :lol:lol

The one railer wasnt worth a shit.. If you are going to chime in at least do it in a thread you know something about... I think there is a WWYD thread in the members sections about .... what happens if a whino steals your yukon jack... Now please they can definitely use your expertise there.
P.S. The "101" you are thinking of is the alcohol proof on you:lol:lolr yukon jack!!

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I have a feeling the reason you retired from pool is you shot too many of those... I KNOW I CAN MAKE THIS SHOT.. when you were gambling :lol:lol

The one railer wasnt worth a shit.. If you are going to chime in at least do it in a thread you know something about... I think there is a WWYD thread in the members sections about .... what happens if a whino steals your yukon jack... Now please they can definitely use your expertise there.
P.S. The "101" you are thinking of is the alcohol proof on you:lol:lolr yukon jack!!

Rob; You are DEFINATELY one funny, "MOFO"! :lol:lol:lol

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I don't know where everyone thinks the object ball is in this (original) layout. I figure it's less than a ball & a half off the rail. I set it up today 1 1/2 balls off the rail and I absolutely don't like the straight-back. Maybe some are setting it up farther off the rail? I don't know but I do know that at least one person thought it was 6" off the rail. It's clearly not.

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I have a feeling the reason you retired from pool is you shot too many of those... I KNOW I CAN MAKE THIS SHOT.. when you were gambling :lol:lol <---If you can get staked, I know an 80 year old man, who will play that game from there with you !

Sorry Hacker..The main reason I retired was because broke dick pool player's (like you) could no longer get staked for more than
$5 nine ball..One Pocket was out of the question !..It is good though, just to have you around for grins, so you can amuse Mr. POS with all your clever insights. ("Rob, You are definately one funny MO-FO")...We all know how [sic] bright he is..It is absolutely amazing he still 'tries' to post !..:rolleyes: However, you do have a LOT of gamble, on your own money..LAFOMNAO ! :p :p :p

View attachment 8188

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I don't know where everyone thinks the object ball is in this (original) layout. I figure it's less than a ball & a half off the rail. I set it up today 1 1/2 balls off the rail and I absolutely don't like the straight-back. Maybe some are setting it up farther off the rail? I don't know but I do know that at least one person thought it was 6" off the rail. It's clearly not.

Dennis

To me, the middle of the ob looks to be well to the "bad side" of the point on the corner down there if you draw a perpendicular line toward there. If I can cut this ball parallel to the side rail there, and get a good hit, the shot gets appealing to me.... or even just short of that. This position I don't like the bank at all.

Anyway, I agree with you.... a C--T hair here can make a difference. If people are putting it too far out, it is worlds different. Same with pocket size. So, if they are putting it too far out, or are playing on small pockets, that would make this shot play so much better.

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Dennis

It is actually about what you've been telling your girl 6 inches is !..:lol :lol :lol

RBL..Reincarnated..!
View attachment 8189

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Heh, heh. As I recall, Cardone suggested that the actual response ought to be shown within 24 hours of the original WWYD post; not that the entire thread be concluded within 24 hours. Some threads drag on for years...;)

Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Steve you are right with your observations on the shot. The one railer isnt worth a shit in this situation. I love when guys are so thick headed that they want to keep endorsing a shot the best in the world lost the game shooting LMFAO The best shot available was to bank the 1 ball softly to the end rail and back up to the 2nd diamond and floatling the cueball cross table to your side. From there your opponent has nothing and he sure as hell wont win the game like he did following the shot these LEGENDS endorsed LOL:rolleyes:

Now that's a higher percentage shot

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I set this shot up yesterday and shot it many different ways. With the 1 ball a ball & a half off the rail the straight-back was no good for me. This safety that I'm showing here also was no good for me. Sometimes I made the ball in the corner and then my oppo would be much closer to the ball on the spot than if I had played the safety I liked.

This safety is O.K. for those who like it but it didn't work for me and I didn't have to shoot it only one time, during a game, I shot it at least 10 times and maybe more. Tables don't always roll perfect either, not like a brand new tournament table.

I set the object ball up in this pic about 1 1/4 ball widths off the rail. When I practiced it I set it up 1 1/2 ball widths off the rail.

safety.jpg