Racking your own

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm watching a match between Jose Parica and Alex Pagulayan, in which they each rack their own balls for the break. Three racks in a row, Alex P made the corner ball on the break. (Race to 4) Once he went eight and out, and another time he ran six or seven balls.

How about some comments about racking your own? Would you have been suspicious? Parica didn't seem to mind.

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
vapros said:
I'm watching a match between Jose Parica and Alex Pagulayan, in which they each rack their own balls for the break. Three racks in a row, Alex P made the corner ball on the break. (Race to 4) Once he went eight and out, and another time he ran six or seven balls.

How about some comments about racking your own? Would you have been suspicious? Parica didn't seem to mind.
I don't think Freddy would have ever gone for that.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
vapros said:

Dont be suspicios a bad rack can hurt you and even make you scratch. Its important the rack is straight and all the balls Froze. And the ball are not racked above or below the spot. But IF you want to win a million DOLARES then keep betting and LAY 4 to 1 that he doesnt make a ball on the breack. Unles their is a magnet pulling the ball into the pocket. I havant been playing no pool But I would say you can lay 3 to 1 that he doesnt make a ball in his pocket if he gives them a nineball breack. But just to have a good bet you can lay 2 to 1 But if he breacks the balls noral one pocket breack you are stealing laying 4 to 1. But thats good you asked the qouistion. Asking one qouistion at a time is better then asking 4 or 5 at one time. But just try bracking the balls 100 times and see how many times you make the corner ball playing onepocket.
I played Bugs about 25 times and we never checked each others rack. And we never tryed to beat each other out of a scratch that we owed. And we never had one argument or said a word to each other while we were playing. We both enjoyed playing each other. And their was no bitternes or anamosity when we played. If he could get a backer we would play. And when I won he would come and look for me for the bite. And he new better were to find me then I did. But bugs was the most intimadating player in his prime. And the coolest dresser. But if you have any other qouistions feel Free to ask. THe answer you learn. Will make a difference Tomarrow.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Dont be suspicios a bad rack can hurt you and even make you scratch. Its important the rack is straight and all the balls Froze. And the ball are not racked above or below the spot. But IF you want to win a million DOLARES then keep betting and LAY 4 to 1 that he doesnt make a ball on the breack. Unles their is a magnet pulling the ball into the pocket. I havant been playing no pool But I would say you can lay 3 to 1 that he doesnt make a ball in his pocket if he gives them a nineball breack. But just to have a good bet you can lay 2 to 1 But if he breacks the balls noral one pocket breack you are stealing laying 4 to 1. But thats good you asked the qouistion. Asking one qouistion at a time is better then asking 4 or 5 at one time. But just try bracking the balls 100 times and see how many times you make the corner ball playing onepocket.
I played Bugs about 25 times and we never checked each others rack. And we never tryed to beat each other out of a scratch that we owed. And we never had one argument or said a word to each other while we were playing. We both enjoyed playing each other. And their was no bitternes or anamosity when we played. If he could get a backer we would play. And when I won he would come and look for me for the bite. And he new better were to find me then I did. But bugs was the most intimadating player in his prime. And the coolest dresser. But if you have any other qouistions feel Free to ask. THe answer you learn. Will make a difference Tomarrow.
YOU can lay 100 to 1 on him making the corner ball three times in a row. And you will be stealing. And thats why Parica didnt say anything. He new it was just luck. Because he has played to much one pocket and he knowes nothing is going on. So he did the wright thing and didnt make a big deal out of it. Some players would have had a baby.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
vapros said:
I'm not aware of any way to rack the balls that would cause the corner ball to go into my pocket, outside of an obvious combo set up, which would be noticeable from 10 feet away.

I always play rack your own, for the simple reason that no one is as likely as I am to rack the balls tightly for my break. Most opponents are not going to be as picky about giving you a good rack if they rack them. It's just human nature. That way if a ball kicks out on my side on the break, I know it was my fault.

I've never had anyone take exception to suggesting rack your own. And almost never does anyone bother to check the rack. There's no reason to, unless of course the rack is crooked, or too far off the spot.

Doc