Billy Weir

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Yes I remember him well. I was in with Fly Boy giving him the 8safe.
A few years later he came up to me in Bananas and stuttered "do you you want want to play some some na nin 9ball" totally blew his disguise. :D
Rod.
P.s. gentleman to play and a very good player.

mrcplays

I lived in Tulsa I was driving through the parking lot of a bar saw a guy walking toward the bar i stopped and yelled to him wanna play some $20 a game 9 ball.....thats when i learned my lesson to look before i leap i lost $140 and it didnt take long.....yep he played pretty good

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Now Billy is rich

Now Billy is rich

I stopped into Billy's pool room in Odessa a few months back. He is trying to sell it but he said it brought in more than forty thousand dollars a month for so many years that he got rich, but he and his wife have worked too hard. Billy said he now has enough money to retire and go play poker in Vegas. He also said, the day they changed nine ball to one foul, ball in hand he quit and hasn't played a game since. Good for you, "Billy the Kid".
Keep it nice. Alfie

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I stopped into Billy's pool room in Odessa a few months back. He is trying to sell it but he said it brought in more than forty thousand dollars a month for so many years that he got rich, but he and his wife have worked too hard. Billy said he now has enough money to retire and go play poker in Vegas. He also said, the day they changed nine ball to one foul, ball in hand he quit and hasn't played a game since. Good for you, "Billy the Kid".
Keep it nice. Alfie
I agree with Weir. Shoot out 9 ball was a game of skill. Texas Express makes it more of game of chance. It's becoming somewhat common today for tournaments to ditch the 3-foul rule, but until they go back to full shoot out the game will stay silly.

~Doc