but what do you do to survive
shane is up 2 games to 1
he just broke and its joeys shot
ss1.jpg

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I can't tell if the shot is on or not, but if it were me, I'd be trying to bank that 10 ball via the short rail to try and pop the 5 & 6 balls out of there. The key for me would be to float the CB down to the short rail so as not to leave a return bank. I'd just be trying to get out of the break, and do some damage in the process.;)

Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I think the 10 is also what I would shoot, but I would soft float up to freeze to 3. Looks like 10 full into the 2.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Hard to tell from this end view, but can he go fully into the 8-ball? If so, he might be able to stir things up a bit by sending the 8 into the 5 and sticking the cue in the top of the stack.

If not, I am not normally too keen on leaving the cue ball on the "wrong side" of the table, but can Joey pocket the 15 in the right side pocket and go across the table to the far left hand upper corner area, so he leaves Shane double or tripled up on the 5-3-6? Of course, from there Shane might just cut the 10 ball in and run out, lol.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Hard to tell from this end view, but can he go fully into the 8-ball? If so, he might be able to stir things up a bit by sending the 8 into the 5 and sticking the cue in the top of the stack.

If not, I am not normally too keen on leaving the cue ball on the "wrong side" of the table, but can Joey pocket the 15 in the right side pocket and go across the table to the far left hand upper corner area, so he leaves Shane double or tripled up on the 5-3-6? Of course, from there Shane might just cut the 10 ball in and run out, lol.

It's hard to tell about the 8, you have to hit the top side of the 5. It didn't look like the angle is there. Need another angle

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Tough spot. Im not sure he can see enough of the 2 ball but if he can I would 2 rail the 2 ball catching the 6 ball from behind and knocking the 2 ball and 6 ball toward my pocket/side of the table. Bringing the cueball 2 rails uptable on my side by the left piece of chalk(there are 3 pieces on the top rail) 15 ball doesnt look makeable from there, hopefully the 2 or the 6 ball stops near my pocket to discourage anything offensive for Shane. I shot this exact shot against Mark Jarvis in the 2009 Derby City one pocket tournament( I got 5th the only time I played in it)

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
This is terrible

This is terrible

The 2 ball is in the way of everything I want to do. If I drive the 10 forward, I can get behind the 6, but the 2 would bank. It also banks if I try a long-rail kick behind the 6. So I'm going to hit the 10 gently and roll up tight against the 11 ball. If he takes a foul, as he probably would, I will at least have a two-rail kick at the 6. I don't know where the 10 and 2 will wind up. I might just take a big fram shot off those two balls. There is nothing good about my position. :eek:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I think the 10 is also what I would shoot, but I would soft float up to freeze to 3. Looks like 10 full into the 2.

You wouldnt want to do that Jim. Look at the stack for a second. If you leave him on the 3 ball and next to the 4 ball, if he can hit the 4 ball your dead. He jacks up and shoots off the side of the ball and every ball goes toward his side of the table. The 3 ball wont even get moved if he hits the 4 ball first. You will have already moved the 10 ball and 2 ball closer to his side of the table. The result will be your next shot having to shoot from up table by the corner pocket on your side of the table and all the balls on his side
If he is in the stack and can hit the 4 ball, the 4ball, 9 ball, 11 ball, 14 ball, 7 ball, 8 ball and 13 balls are all going to his side

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
III, I only meant that since you could not see from behind the CB that you could not tell if you had room to do the shot. I knew that was the only angle that we could see from.---Smitty

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
We can't see the exact angle on the 10ball. With this understanding it will be a guess what options are available, if any. Let's assume that there aren't any options playing off the 10ball, which will narrow the decision making process. We also should know that leaving the cue ball at the foot end of the table is extremely risky, especially for a ball running machine.:eek: The only reasonable place to position the cue ball is at the top left of the table, and you must be precise with your cue ball placement, in this position. I believe it's time to take an intentional, but again, you must be precise with the placement of the cue ball. I would try to position the cue ball 1/2 diamond to the right of the top left corner pocket, forcing Shane to come off the 10ball. From this position Shane will be looking at an awkward angle on the 10ball that carries great distance, and there's no guarantee that he's going to do well with it.

I do understand that he will still be the favorite in this game, but what are your alternatives?:( You must try to get by this inning without selling out, and then deal with the consequences next. Whatever they are.

Dr. Bill

backplaying

Verified Member
If I can, I'm banking the 15 on my side and trying to leave the ceuball on the end rail just enough to keep him off the 6.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill

If you force Shane to shoot the 10 ball you won't make him mad. After his shot the cb will be back where he found it, and the 10 will be somewhere near his pocket. Ain't that so?

Jimmy B

Verified Member
If you force Shane to shoot the 10 ball you won't make him mad. After his shot the cb will be back where he found it, and the 10 will be somewhere near his pocket. Ain't that so?

I was going to say that. That's why I would try to bank the 15 over and put the cue ball in that spot. It seems he has the angle to get it below the side and maybe stop the shot on the 10. This is backplayings shot of course, but I saw it first thing late last night. I was doing a screenshot and it messed up on me so I just said ef it............

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I shoot these shots sometimes. It's hard to get the CB across and safe on the 6 ball with out coming back up table further than you'd like, that will leave a much easier shot on the 10 ball. To bank the 15 ball across you won't hide the 6 ball. If you want to only leave the 10 ball you'll have to take a foul as Dr. Bill suggested.
Rod.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
You wouldnt want to do that Jim. Look at the stack for a second. If you leave him on the 3 ball and next to the 4 ball, if he can hit the 4 ball your dead. He jacks up and shoots off the side of the ball and every ball goes toward his side of the table. The 3 ball wont even get moved if he hits the 4 ball first. You will have already moved the 10 ball and 2 ball closer to his side of the table. The result will be your next shot having to shoot from up table by the corner pocket on your side of the table and all the balls on his side
If he is in the stack and can hit the 4 ball, the 4ball, 9 ball, 11 ball, 14 ball, 7 ball, 8 ball and 13 balls are all going to his side

If you get on or very close to the 3 you wont be able to see the 4. The only shot would be to thin the 10 and go behind the stack.

I would never leave the qb at the top left, way to many replies to push balls towards the hole.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I might shoot straight into the 14-7 and blast the balls just stopping the rock right there on the 4 ball. I limit his movement and should come back to the table with a better shot. Taking fouls back and forth in the stack might just prolong the inevitable I am thinking especially with the 3 foul rule, rolling out down table taking a foul is the only one I would consider.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
sometimes its informative to know what people woud do when there isnt alot
joey played safe on the wrong side of the stack
ss2.jpg