Vivian Villareal defeated Ronnie Allen

BackPocket9Ball

Verified Member
From
Philadelphia
There was a thread about female one pocket players, and I'm surprised no one mentioned Vivian Villareal. Although I'm from NYC, my dad lives in Houston, and I go down to visit him about twice a year. On a trip to Houston last November, several trustworthy pool players told me of a session around that time between Vivian and Ronnie Allen, either in Houston or San Antonio.

I don't know the details as far as how much money was being bet or whether they were playing races or by the game. But I did hear that in that session Vivian beat Ronnie even up for a relatively sizable amount of money, and that there was know dumping involved.

I don't care if Ronnie's "over the hill", that's pretty f***ing strong.

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
BackPocket9Ball said:
There was a thread about female one pocket players, and I'm surprised no one mentioned Vivian Villareal. Although I'm from NYC, my dad lives in Houston, and I go down to visit him about twice a year. On a trip to Houston last November, several trustworthy pool players told me of a session around that time between Vivian and Ronnie Allen, either in Houston or San Antonio.

I don't know the details as far as how much money was being bet or whether they were playing races or by the game. But I did hear that in that session Vivian beat Ronnie even up for a relatively sizable amount of money, and that there was know dumping involved.

I don't care if Ronnie's "over the hill", that's pretty f***ing strong.
You can "Hear" lots of "Stuff".

lesrmoney

I Would Have Had To Seen That To Believe That,my Opinion Of Vivian Villareal Beating Ronnie Allen Even , Never In Life

yobagua

the only game Vivian can give Ronnie any trouble with is "who can yap most while playing" even then Ronnie could spot her a couple of decibals and themes.

Keith McCready

Verified Member
As far as Vivian beating Ronnie playing one-pocket even, I don't think she can win that game, but in 9-ball, Vivian is probably the favorite to beat him. As we all know, strange things can happen in one race, but for the duration, I'd put my lettuce on Ronnie Allen! :D

It sure must have broke Ronnie's heart losing to Vivian. I'm sure that that forced him to the bar immediately (ha-ha), just like it would do me. I'd probably beat Ronnie to the bar! ;)

titanic jerry

Verified Member
Best Advice I Ever Got!!!!!!!

Best Advice I Ever Got!!!!!!!

I was 17 years old and had gone to San Francisco to see the big boys play. i heard so many storys I couldn't wait to get back home and tell all the locals what I had heard.

An old guy named Dutch from Oakland heard me telling someone and he called me aside and said "Hey Kid......In this game always remember this...never believe anything you hear and only half of what you see with your own eyes". Before I was 21 I found out how true that statement really was. There is (or was) so much business being done you never knew what was really going on.............but it made it verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting.

Saw Ronnie play over the years ( first time in the 60s before the Cochrans tournament) and no question about it in his prime he was to One Pocket as Bobby Fisher was to Chess. It is a shame that his games were not captured on film...............oh well.................memories we have.

Titanic Jerry

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
tapes of ronnie

tapes of ronnie

titanic jerry said:
I was 17 years old and had gone to San Francisco to see the big boys play. i heard so many storys I couldn't wait to get back home and tell all the locals what I had heard.

An old guy named Dutch from Oakland heard me telling someone and he called me aside and said "Hey Kid......In this game always remember this...never believe anything you hear and only half of what you see with your own eyes". Before I was 21 I found out how true that statement really was. There is (or was) so much business being done you never knew what was really going on.............but it made it verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting.

Saw Ronnie play over the years ( first time in the 60s before the Cochrans tournament) and no question about it in his prime he was to One Pocket as Bobby Fisher was to Chess. It is a shame that his games were not captured on film...............oh well.................memories we have.

Titanic Jerry

Jerry there are some tapes if by chance you do not know. A great 4 tape set I think of his big money match in New Orleans. He is miked during a lot of it and his constant yapping is hilarious and typical. I used to play him at Cochrans when he and Richie Forence came up from l.a., he seemed to always leave with the money although one eye Hank and I got him sometimes in pink ball rings games. We would gang up on him.
In a quote from Keith about running to the bar. I saw him last month and the guy does not run to the bar, his drink of chocie(miller w/whiskey mixed) is no farther than arms length.

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
i think so

i think so

gulfportdoc said:
suki said:
Jerry there are some tapes if by chance you do not know. A great 4 tape set I think of his big money match in New Orleans. He is miked during a lot of it and his constant yapping is hilarious and typical.QUOTE]

Hey Suki,

Do you know if those tapes are available for purchase anywhere?

Doc
gulfportdoc@yahoo.com

I thought the one in New Orleans might be available from accu stats but not sure, I will check with my source who has them and see if we can arrange something if accu does not have them. I think this was the match with Danny Diliberto for 25,000. I will check

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
gulfportdoc said:
suki said:
Jerry there are some tapes if by chance you do not know. A great 4 tape set I think of his big money match in New Orleans. He is miked during a lot of it and his constant yapping is hilarious and typical.QUOTE]

Hey Suki,

Do you know if those tapes are available for purchase anywhere?

Doc
gulfportdoc@yahoo.com
Hey, Doc, when was this action suppose to have taken place?

yobagua

Actually I think this match took place in Arizona. Jay Helfert organized it and you can get a tape set through him. He actually referrees the tape. It is a must for one pocket fans. Even UJ Pucket makes an entrance. Danny gets hot at some sweaters and Ronnie keeps whinning about the conditions. Also I dont think it was for that much. Both sides put up 10k. Thus the 20K figure.

titanic jerry

Verified Member
Hey Doc I'm With You

Hey Doc I'm With You

Suki..............give us some info on how we can get copies of those tapes. I would love to be able to see them.

Titanic Jerry

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
O.k. Here Is The Scoop

O.k. Here Is The Scoop

You Are Right Yoga, I Am Getting Old And The Memory Is Going So Here Is All The Information From A Reliable Source. Lol

The Match Was In 1988 In Arizona For $20,000 Big Ones
Ronnie Is miked And There Is Some Fun Banter Including An Argument.

Accu-stats Has The Tapes For Sale At $100 For The Set Of 5 Tapes, 2 Hours Each Long.
The Code Nbr For The Set Is Da-0102030405
Accu-stats Toll Free Number Is 1-800-828-0397

I Do Not Know If The Owner Of The Tapes Who Is A Friend Of Mine Would Make Copies Or Not In Case You Cannot Afford The Cost But I Might Be Able To Work Something Out If U Cannot Buy Them From Accu Stats
Good Luck

Good Luck

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
suki said:
You Are Right Yoga, I Am Getting Old And The Memory Is Going So Here Is All The Information From A Reliable Source. LOL.

Over the years I have found that Yobagua usually is right, lol.

Thanks for the info, Suki. I too am interested in the tapes. If it had happened in NO, I was pretty sure I would have heard about it. Hell, I probably would have been there, lol.

yobagua

Thanks Hemi. I hope to see you at Grady's this year. If those evil bastards will let me off of work. As for the tape I would ask those of you who are really interested in promoting the game to get that $100 and buy it from Pat Fleming at Accustats. It is well worth it and is a great investment. Supporting a small company like Accustats allows them to do more for us One Pocket lovers. If all we did was pirate tapes Im sure there would be no market to make quality tapes as seen with the last Derby one pocket matches. Where else could you get the wonderful Efren Reyes on tape playing OUR game but from Pat F. I understand some people might not have the disposable income so at hand but maybe thats where a market place on this site might prove useful where we could buy or trade used tapes.

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
yobagua said:
Thanks Hemi. I hope to see you at Grady's this year. If those evil bastards will let me off of work. As for the tape I would ask those of you who are really interested in promoting the game to get that $100 and buy it from Pat Fleming at Accustats. It is well worth it and is a great investment. Supporting a small company like Accustats allows them to do more for us One Pocket lovers. If all we did was pirate tapes Im sure there would be no market to make quality tapes as seen with the last Derby one pocket matches. Where else could you get the wonderful Efren Reyes on tape playing OUR game but from Pat F. I understand some people might not have the disposable income so at hand but maybe thats where a market place on this site might prove useful where we could buy or trade used tapes.

SOLD, YO. Sounds like a great idea. How bout it, Steve? Whacha think?