The Showdown in Chi-town

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Here it is Tuesday A.M., as the sun peeks over the misted old live oaks in the deep South; and we join in spirit with all the nation's one-pocket players, waiting with bated breath to hear any word of the second thrilla --the showdown in Chi-town-- between Cardone and Ghost. The anticipated match of the.....day.;) When will they lock cuesticks over the green baize? Who will prevail? The tension mounts. The participants are keeping mum. Do we have a snitch from the musty halls of the chosen pool room who would drop a dime, and give us some word of the contest?

Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Here it is Tuesday A.M., as the sun peeks over the misted old live oaks in the deep South; and we join in spirit with all the nation's one-pocket players, waiting with bated breath to hear any word of the second thrilla --the showdown in Chi-town-- between Cardone and Ghost. The anticipated match of the.....day.;) When will they lock cuesticks over the green baize? Who will prevail? The tension mounts. The participants are keeping mum. Do we have a snitch from the musty halls of the chosen pool room who would drop a dime, and give us some word of the contest?

Doc

Doc....I called him last night and he still hasn't called me back...probly cuz he's ascairt...:heh

- Ghost <------State of Illinois head prosecuter of malpractice lawsuits against criminally mistake-prone Dr.'s....:cool:

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member

Doc

Billy Incardona vs the One Pocket Ghost !!!...... Its the game of the week!!! THE REAL WEAK LOL LOL LOL

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
?

?

whats the range Billy ? in the range of a ball and the breaks ... or 11/8 Ghost?
... odds ? It's the game of the week !

onepockethacker

Verified Member
whats your take on a "fair " game between them
pm allowed:)

No need for a P.M. on this one. I have never seen the Ghost play so I can't tell you what a fair game is between them. HOWEVER I know exactly how Billy I. plays:D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Billy Incardona vs the One Pocket Ghost !!!...... Its the game of the week!!! THE REAL WEAK LOL LOL LOL

It's true what hacker said - I can't deny it...:)...and being weak is why Billy and I both have to make time limit stipulations before we play - both of us being in our 60's and having had two operations each in the last 2 years, has taken away much of our energy and strength, leaving us weak..:eek:...no more iron man contests or running marathons for us...:(...

But, playing One Pocket - Billy and I both still move better, than anyone living in the state of Florida.... :heh :heh

- Ghost

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
lot of bark from the 1PH......

getting hooked by the ghost isn't fun. especially when he gets down and says, "you're not gonna like this..." you don't know if you should wind your watch or scratch your ass.

:)

onepockethacker

Verified Member
It's true what hacker said - I can't deny it...:)...and being weak is why Billy and I both have to make time limit stipulations before we play - both of us being in our 60's and having had two operations each in the last 2 years, has taken away much of our energy and strength, leaving us weak..:eek:...no more iron man contests or running marathons for us...:(...

But, playing One Pocket - Billy and I both still move better, than anyone living in the state of Florida.... :heh :heh

- Ghost

Unfortunately Ghost if your moving is on par with Billy's.... there are 6 guys in my pool hall that move better than you let alone the state!! I was planning on watching you guys play but I just found out that a couple of APA 4's are going to be duking it out at the same time as you guys so....:sorry:lol

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
whats the range Billy ? in the range of a ball and the breaks ... or 11/8?

Hey, thanks for trying to help me out Tony...if you can get Billy to give me one of those spots, I'd be willing to dip into my 'rainy day fund', and bet 5 times what I bet the last time he and I played...:eek:...:)

- Ghost

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
In my opinion, Billy has the edge in shooting (Ghost may disagree), whereas Ghost has the edge in moving (Billy may disagree). And I have an idea of how they might play. However I'd never put it out to the 1P public for fear of losing two friends...:cool: If one of them wants to say how they played, I'd like to hear it. But I don't think that they will.;)

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
In my opinion, Billy has the edge in shooting (Ghost may disagree), whereas Ghost has the edge in moving (Billy may disagree). And I have an idea of how they might play. However I'd never put it out to the 1P public for fear of losing two friends...:cool: If one of them wants to say how they played, I'd like to hear it. But I don't think that they will.;)

Doc

i hope at least we get at least how the game went

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
In my opinion, Billy has the edge in shooting (Ghost may disagree) <------ I don't disagree - I agree.

whereas Ghost has the edge in moving (Billy may disagree). <------ And I also agree with you here...:)...and as a matter of fact, after we finished playing last time, Billy said I outmoved him.

Doc

- Ghost

PS, And also, as I said in a previous thread....Billy is better/more consistent than I am at playing accurate position while running balls.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Turns out my Dallas trip changed to Chicago. I will be there tomorrow (Thursday) will I be able to see the big game? Is it at Chris's or Red Shoes?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
The last time I visited the good doctor he gave my pockets the MUMPS :D

You talk a good game. but when it comes to put up or shut up you don't even shut up.and you certainly won't put up. mr. hacker. im still waiting for your unbeatable ass you got a good.ass spankin (lengthly job)coming. pthe doctors goyt the cure for your ass dr. bill. sorry fot all the errors but im trying to send thos from my phon

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
You talk a good game. but when it comes to put up or shut up you don't even shut up.and you certainly won't put up. mr. hacker. im still waiting for your unbeatable ass you got a good.ass spankin (lengthly job)coming. pthe doctors goyt the cure for your ass dr. bill. sorry fot all the errors but im trying to send thos from my phon

Hi Doc, I should be Chicago tonite. Are u up for some action