uninterrupted play/sharking allowed games

DickP

Verified Member
From
San Antonio, TX
I'd love to see players like Scott and Alex playing an uninterrupted eight-ahead set with something like one 20-minute break every six hours. It could grind on for 48 hours, or 72, or however long it takes - they just play and play until one person wins outright or the other collapses from sheer exhaustion. Maybe the winner submits to a mouth swab to rule out any illicit stimulant use...

I've heard almost unbelievable stories of endurance matches on the pool table, but I've never been so privileged as to see one. It would be morbidly fascinating to watch two top players struggle to maintain concentration on a game as cerebral as 1P as the days wore on.

I read somewhere about how Bensinger's used to have "sharking allowed" games where nothing was off limits short of actually touching your opponent or blocking his view as he was shooting, no matter how outrageous, loud or vulgar the other player wanted to be. Anyone have any funny stories about this they'd be willing to share? While I'd have reservations about the further coarsening of pool's image, I bet it would be hysterical to see and hear what players like Scott would come up with in a private , no-holds-barred forum. (A very patient video editor might have to do a lot of bleeping and blurring of images, but I bet it would be hilarious.)

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I'd love to see players like Scott and Alex playing an uninterrupted eight-ahead set with something like one 20-minute break every six hours. It could grind on for 48 hours, or 72, or however long it takes - they just play and play until one person wins outright or the other collapses from sheer exhaustion. Maybe the winner submits to a mouth swab to rule out any illicit stimulant use...

I've heard almost unbelievable stories of endurance matches on the pool table, but I've never been so privileged as to see one. It would be morbidly fascinating to watch two top players struggle to maintain concentration on a game as cerebral as 1P as the days wore on.

I read somewhere about how Bensinger's used to have "sharking allowed" games where nothing was off limits short of actually touching your opponent or blocking his view as he was shooting, no matter how outrageous, loud or vulgar the other player wanted to be. Anyone have any funny stories about this they'd be willing to share? While I'd have reservations about the further coarsening of pool's image, I bet it would be hysterical to see and hear what players like Scott would come up with in a private , no-holds-barred forum. (A very patient video editor might have to do a lot of bleeping and blurring of images, but I bet it would be hilarious.)

Dicky, Do I detect a sadistic side to your nature? LOL

Tom