your shot after the break

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
If you leave a shot here the game is over. If you roll the 1 in the side and move to top rail doubling him your opponent will come off the 11 or one of the other balls and Stick you behind the ball on the bottom rail closest to your hole.

I think the 2 needs to be addressed now...like Doc suggested I am coming off the 5 ball and trying to hit the 2 full leavinv the cb by the pocket.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
My main impression after reading the responses, Not said much about...having no balls on your side. Banking the five into the two lower balls moves 3 towards your pocket area. Is rolling up table NOW the right thing? Doesn't feel like it.

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
Agressive or safe?

Agressive or safe?

Before I read all the other responses, I have two options.
1) Safe : Thin the 1 ball (don't shoot it in the side pocket), leaving the cue ball between the 1st and 2nd diamond of the end rail. This leaves plenty of blockers and forces the shooter to have a combo or return with a safe shot.
Unfortunately, this moves nothing toward your hole and could let your opponent put you in worse trouble.
2) Aggressive : Hit the 11 ball into the 8/4, this will put many balls in motion. The main objective is to sit the cue ball behind the 6 ball, near the 12.
The 4 ball looks like it will bank into the 9 or 13 moving one of them toward your hole. The 11 ball appears to be caroming off the 8 ball and 15 ball, which will push the 3 ball toward your hole.
Mainly you want to control the cue ball here, it's almost a stop shot, just sliding whitey behind the 6...
I like this option because it will be moving balls toward your hole.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I'm shooting off the 5 and try to move the 2 while I have a decent shot at it.
If you leave it there , It will take a miracle to not sell out in the next few innings.
Safeties might buy you time , but good players are never going to give you a better chance than you have right now.
I would measure this about 5 times and make sure I knew the exact speed I wanted to use and depend on my abilities to save me.
Oh wait, I suck , so I will shoot the same way and if it works out I will look like a player and if not I'll just pay off and play another.:heh

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Ditto

Ditto

I'm shooting off the 5 and try to move the 2 while I have a decent shot at it.
If you leave it there , It will take a miracle to not sell out in the next few innings.
Safeties might buy you time , but good players are never going to give you a better chance than you have right now.
I would measure this about 5 times and make sure I knew the exact speed I wanted to use and depend on my abilities to save me.
Oh wait, I suck , so I will shoot the same way and if it works out I will look like a player and if not I'll just pay off and play another.:heh

My thoughts and shot exactly:eek:

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Shoot 12-3 firmly to sweep the pocket, then spin your cue ball two rails out of the corner and triple him up on the head rail. Danny Smith shot.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
If it’s not laying to flat, I’d bank the 7 over to my side and try to spin off the long rail into the 10... With the 7 over on my long rail it will somewhat limit his options... coming off the 5 into the 2 is attractive also, but it’s a difficult and exacting cut on the 5 to get a full hit on the deuce... have to be at the table to decide, but it would be one or the other...

beatle

Verified Member
bank the 5 then shoot in the 13 and try to run some more balls, if you dont get a shot from there clear out the 10 and 2.

this is not a low percentage shot and your best option when in a pickle.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I would play the 6ball into the 15ball to hit the high side of the 10ball with the 15ball while pocketing the 3ball in my pocket in the process. The cue ball will carom slightly into the 11ball sending the cue ball to the short rail approximately 2" from the corner pocket. :D

Now that's "moving" I'm hoping. :eek:

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
thanks for all the replies guys
the cue ball being so close to the rail would make me nervous trying to draw off the 7
the 5 bank and its variations i considered and i think was a viable choice for me
brlongarm suggestion of a danny smith shot in post 26 was one i would not have seen or considered...thank you for opening my eyes to that
i really mainly thought to go to the head rail doubling him up on everything
as pointed out with nothing on my side i would probably just be making myself suffer longer
again thanks for all your approaches to a tough break
:)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
thanks for all the replies guys
the cue ball being so close to the rail would make me nervous trying to draw off the 7
the 5 bank and its variations i considered and i think was a viable choice for me
brlongarm suggestion of a danny smith shot in post 26 was one i would not have seen or considered...thank you for opening my eyes to that
i really mainly thought to go to the head rail doubling him up on everything
as pointed out with nothing on my side i would probably just be making myself suffer longer
again thanks for all your approaches to a tough break
:)

Larry,
It’s hard to tell not being at the table, but it looks like the 7 could be hit full, or very nearly full, with no draw applied... Using a lot of left English should deliver the cb into the 10 ball quite nicely... However this choice would only be successful if the 10 ball rebounded off the foot rail enough to block access to the lower balls in the stack, ( 3 ball specifically) thus preventing the opponent from coming off one of them and burying the cb behind the balls located along the foot rail...

Enjoyed looking over the options Larry, thank you for putting it up...:)

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I would play the 6ball into the 15ball to hit the high side of the 10ball with the 15ball while pocketing the 3ball in my pocket in the process. The cue ball will carom slightly into the 11ball sending the cue ball to the short rail approximately 2" from the corner pocket. :D

Now that's "moving" I'm hoping. :eek:

Dr. Bill

If you get a chance, watch Cohan after his opponent just broke ''when he walks up to the table for the first time'', especially if it's a good break, he always seems to check the natural line of the cue ball going forward off the first ball hit.
This shot Billy describes is exactly that shot, seems to come up maybe 1 outta 5 breaks. The old switcheroo.....

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Howdy All;

Been awhile, still the new guy on the block, but I feel the need to ask
what happens after the 15 contacts the 10 in Mr. wincardona's suggestion?
10 hit the rail? 15 goes in the pocket or stop against the 2? Not trying to be
argumentative or difficult, just curious is all. Trying to learn. After all one
would need to hit the 6 hard enough to give the 3 the speed to travel to your
own pocket and that inertia would also be with the 6 going to the 15 presumably.

My beginners thought is to bank the 5 as has been mentioned several times
and attempt to get the cue ball above the 1 ball so there is a double between
the 2 and the cue ball. Closer to the 1 the better.

Thanks for y'all's patience with me. All constructive criticism welcomed.

hank

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Howdy All;

Been awhile, still the new guy on the block, but I feel the need to ask
what happens after the 15 contacts the 10 in Mr. wincardona's suggestion?
10 hit the rail? 15 goes in the pocket or stop against the 2? Not trying to be
argumentative or difficult, just curious is all. Trying to learn. After all one
would need to hit the 6 hard enough to give the 3 the speed to travel to your
own pocket and that inertia would also be with the 6 going to the 15 presumably.

My beginners thought is to bank the 5 as has been mentioned several times
and attempt to get the cue ball above the 1 ball so there is a double between
the 2 and the cue ball. Closer to the 1 the better.

Thanks for y'all's patience with me. All constructive criticism welcomed.

hank

10 banks short rail up table. Ck the shot line in the beginning posts