Whats a shortstop?

luckybreaky

Verified Member
Ive heard a couple ppl talking about a shortstop on this site. Like he was a shortstop player or something like that just wandering what it is..

The Poor Old Goose

Verified Member
A mediocre player. Road Players sometimes called them ham and eggers. Small town local champs either on the strong side or weak side of a shortstop. In my case I would be more qualified to explain to you what a LAMB means in the pool world. It is not easy being easy.

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
It's amazing

It's amazing

I had this talk with Buddy Hall once. It really is amazing how good a player, in my eyes, Buddy thought was a Shortstop. I think the definition is relative to YOUR speed.

vapoolplayer

i'd have to say, that from what i can tell, a shorstop would be the best or one of the best players in the area/city/state, but not good enough to compete with your national class/road players.

VAP

luckybreaky

Verified Member
So a shortstop is...

So a shortstop is...

Um like an A player or and open play i take it

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Just thought

Just thought

This is the perfect site for this definition of a shortstop. A true "Player" can not stall with a good "Shortstop" playing any game,,,,,,,,,,except, Onepocket.

philip guagliardo

Verified Member
shortstop

shortstop

I think a shortstop is a player who cannot play accurate postion as top players do ! I myself in my early days would consider myself a good shortstop . I could shoot hard shots as good as top players , but not control whitey as well . I also think most shortstops lack the experience of going on the road and playing different competition . most shortstops cannot take the pressure of an unknown player . they may play good till they find out who there playing ! it boils down to they just dont have the experience and that little extra a top player has . all and all I know and seen shortstops who could shoot as straight as any top player . but crumbled under pressure ! being a shortstop has its merits though . you can get down wherever you go and sometimes get a spot that the top player cannot outrun . I've seen many top players give a good shortstop too much weight ! dont give that shortstop too much confidence ! a top player might get a surprise . RACE TRACK PHIL