Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2019, 07:39 PM
Verified Member

Default Facebook membership

I encourage all of you who are on Facebook to invite your one pocket friends to onepocket.org facebook page. Many people use Facebook exclusively to get their news on One Pocket. We are up to 229 members on the Facebook page, a page that allows you to share video and photos with ease. Let's try to break 1,000 members this month. There are legions of one pocket fans all over the world that never visit our site.

Please invite your one pocket fans to onepocket.org facebook page.

Thanks,

Joe Long
Old 07-01-2019, 08:30 PM
Verified Member

Default Need to be accepted into Facebook page

Joe, this is One pocket Smitty, my request is under Harold Smith. Please accept my request to join the group. Thanks. Smitty
Old 07-01-2019, 10:03 PM
Verified Member

Thanks!---Smitty
Old 07-01-2019, 10:34 PM
Verified Member

I invited all my one pocket friends... let's build it!!!
Old 07-01-2019, 11:07 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLongArm View Post
I encourage all of you who are on Facebook to invite your one pocket friends to onepocket.org facebook page. Many people use Facebook exclusively to get their news on One Pocket. We are up to 229 members on the Facebook page, a page that allows you to share video and photos with ease. Let's try to break 1,000 members this month. There are legions of one pocket fans all over the world that never visit our site.

Please invite your one pocket fans to onepocket.org facebook page.

Thanks,

Joe Long
I just created a post on my Facebook page and shared it to the group. We already got one request to join but I do not have the authority to accept it (I guess). So if the persons in charge have any questions, just ask.

Dave
Old 07-01-2019, 11:43 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12squared View Post
I just created a post on my Facebook page and shared it to the group. We already got one request to join but I do not have the authority to accept it (I guess). So if the persons in charge have any questions, just ask.

Dave
Hi Dave,

Robert here. I just noticed that I'm also not "verified". Can you please vouch that I'm not a bot?

Thanks bud!
Old 07-02-2019, 12:02 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose man View Post
Hi Dave,

Robert here. I just noticed that I'm also not "verified". Can you please vouch that I'm not a bot?

Thanks bud!
A real moose here, Steve. Robert plays out of Colorado. And just requested to join the facebook group
Old 07-02-2019, 01:24 AM
Verified Member

Is the Facebook a closed group? In other words are there only a select few who can approve members to the Facebook group? I'm wondering how come people are having to post here to get approved to join.

Last edited by crabbcatjohn; 07-02-2019 at 01:56 AM.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:11 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
Is the Facebook a closed group? In other words are there only a select few who can approve members to the Facebook group? I'm wondering how come people are having to post here to get approved to join.
I believe new members have request to join then one of the admins must approve them, so yes, it still is a closed group (at least for now) I believe. The reason moose man chimed in is that he requested to join facebook plus he had joined this group and was never verified. So he decided to ask me to verify he was a real person.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
It is open for reading -- meaning posts are PUBLIC -- google can find and show content that is posted in there. So anyone can read, but in order to post you have to join and be approved.

I believe you are one of our members who has volunteered to help -- I think I can add you as an admin so that you can do that -- likewise Mitch.

Anyone else active on Facebook that we can count on as an admin?

Your job as admin is to approve new member requests, but also keep an eye on appropriateness of content, because I feel STRONLY, our Facebook group needs to reflect our mission:

Promote the game of One Pocket in particular, but Banks and "golf" are OK subtopics of course, just as they are here. No general pool news like 9-ball, 10-ball, 8-ball unless they have a One Pocket connection (like a companion tournament) or a onepocket.org connection (like Mark's recent 100,000 league win.

Yes, I am aware the "rules" need to be written, as well as a new "pinned post" (just one, I promise lol!) that will always appear at the top of the group page. Sometime after about the next 28 days we may change the name of the group to reflect that it is not actually onepocket.org, but is the Facebook news, information and networking page of onepocket.org -- but as of now we cannot change it for a few weeks per Facebook rules, and I am still working on what to call it simply. I want it to reflect of course that it is onepocket.org run, but that it makes clear a mission of outreach and general One Pocket information and news to help grow the game of One Pocket and keep people interested in One Pocket better informed about what is going on in the game.

Any ideas? Please chip into this thread!

Any volunteers? Please chip into this thread!

Thank you!!!!