alex scott 40

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
I would do something much stupider than this.

pj
chgo

Attachments

• Blank.jpg
    Blank.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 0

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
off the three back of 7

Go to bed, Chris. Get some rest so you can get your voice back. I like your shot if it is hit perfectly, but because it isn't hard to hit that shot imperfectly, I'm going for the thin hit off the 11 and bringing it back down behind the stack to protect the balls near my pocket, as already suggested above.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
With Scott, I’m sure there’s some exotic power shot available here, but PJ has the simple solution and it looks good to me... brushing the stripe and putting the cb behind the stack...

Scott may take it a step farther and brush the stripe then take the cb two rails into the top of the stack, he’s certainly capable...

bstroud

Verified Member
The 1, 5, 9 looks interesting if you can get the cue ball somewhere safe.

Bill S.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
With Scott, I’m sure there’s some exotic power shot available here, but PJ has the simple solution and it looks good to me... brushing the stripe and putting the cb behind the stack...

Scott may take it a step farther and brush the stripe then take the cb two rails into the top of the stack, he’s certainly capable...
That's the shot I like. Although it is Alex at the table..;)

~Doc

Cory in dc

Verified Member

My first thought was to just 2-rail kick to the back of the stack -- target is pretty big. My second was to try that coming off the stripe, which I'd probably try -- you'd have to miss the stack entirely to totally sell out.

youngstown

Verified Member
alex scott 40

My first thought was to just 2-rail kick to the back of the stack -- target is pretty big. My second was to try that coming off the stripe, which I'd probably try -- you'd have to miss the stack entirely to totally sell out.

I had the same first and second thoughts lol

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
It’s not the right time to come off the stripe and go in the stack. The balls are already broken up. I think Alex is going to try to put a ball in his hole trapping Scott. How? By banking the (4? Ball next to the three) back across the table, skimming off the three into the pocket or close to it. He will use the stack to prevent a return or a block to his shot.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
If he can’t see enough of the four, then skim off the four to the side rail, then the bottom rail with the cue. Alex shoots these with precision.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
That mean........lol

I wasn’t being mean... I was just admitting to Doc that I had made a mistake and had a senior moment... I’m entitled, I possess the qualifications....

Doc and I are very good friends, and I would never openly criticize any comment he made, and I’m absolutely positive he wasn’t being mean when he pointed out that I had mistakenly identified the wrong shooter...

I can’t really tell whether you are just trying to be funny, or admonishing me for an imagined barb... With the lol added, I’m assuming funny, because my comment was certainly not meant to be snide...

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
It’s not the right time to come off the stripe and go in the stack. The balls are already broken up. I think Alex is going to try to put a ball in his hole trapping Scott. How? By banking the (4? Ball next to the three) back across the table, skimming off the three into the pocket or close to it. He will use the stack to prevent a return or a block to his shot.

bill
alex seemed to analyze the situation like you did....:)
he must not been able to see enought of the solid ball but didnt want to play safe
he comboed the 3 into the solid ball to bank into the 11 and made the 11..:eek::eek:
here is the shot and the result
alex scott 40 shot 2.jpg
alex scott 49 result.jpg

youngstown

Verified Member
alex scott 40

Nice call. I wish I had your one pocket IQ. I need to think more about the right time to shoot...

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Turned out good... obviously a game winner...

Alex must have been very confident the combination bank was laying perfect to make the stripe... Otherwise he would never have risked giving up such a superior ball position and opening up balls on Scott’s side of the table...

A good teaching example Larry, but in all fairness to our brethren here, you’d almost certainly have to be at the table before shooting this shot...

Good one Larry, 👍 it did turn out to be something kind of exotic, even though it was Alex shooting, not Scott...

Enjoyed the wwyd, Thank you...