lost another one

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I just heard that Ginky died. A top player from the New York area. SO sad.
I believe his name is George San Souci.

Billy I.
I posted this on AZB my thoughts.

I just finished reading every post in this thread, and also watched and listened to the Jim Murnak interview, it was a great interview. George was just as I have always believed, a very special person/player and will sorely be missed by all.

I have always looked at George as being a talented man with an outgoing personality. He loved pool, gambling, and just having a good time, I was very envious of George because of how I perceived him, not to mention that he was 30 years younger than me.

I first met George at the Massachusetts State Championships in the year 1991. I was booking the matches at that tournament ( I know i'm a bad guy )and couldn't help but notice this young kid, small in stature that very rarely missed a ball. ( Yes I do have an eye for talent ) I quickly adjusted my line according to how I felt I could induce action against this kid ...IT WORKED... I also played George in the tournament and went to hill hill which George won. We developed a friendly relationship at that tournament that lasted forever. Any ways George won that tournament by beating Earl Strickland in the finals, just as I thought he would. No i'm not saying that George was a better player at that time, but it seemed to me that this was Georges tournament and he wasn't going to be denied. George won the tournament and I won pretty good luring betters that liked Strickland, I got lucky.

We'll never know why things like this happen, most think that It's a residue of life..maybe their right...But I can honestly say that I respected George for his honesty, his out look on life, his courage on and off the table, and his passion for the game that we all love. George was a good man, and a great player, and a solid human being.

My condolences goes out to all that knew him, especially his friends and family.

R.I.P. my friend and maybe someday we'll play some one pocket.

Billy Incardona

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:

Billy I.

Loosing someone we no and cared about is one off the hardest things we face in life.

Because they are in our hear and mind. And they will always be in our heart.

Loosing someone that was part off our life is always hard. Because its loosin a peace off our life.

And thats all we have is our life. And when we loose one off our friends.

That space in our life is empty because they are gone.

It was nice off you that you cared enough too post it.

Because everybodys life means something. And it is hard too replace sopmeone we love,

Sory to his family and all the people who new him.

timdog24

Verified Member
This is really sad news. I can't believe it as I had just seen him a few days ago. I'm at a loss for words.
Ginky was the Mickey Mantle of the NY pool scene. He played 9ball and straight pool as good as any human. Watching him play in his prime was something else. A total natural. A good man. A good friend. Ginkster, you will be missed immensely!

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
wow... what a shock. So sad to read his Facebook page and see the comments about it start rolling in about 6 hours ago.

Here is him and Dennis Hatch playing in 2010. I believe Accu-stats also have some of him.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbtE46M4yjk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbtE46M4yjk[/ame]

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Good Lord! Ginky was so young! I wonder what happened? He, along with Tony Robles and Tommy Kennedy, was one of the nicest guys in pro pool. And no one had a better pool stroke. What a tragedy.

Doc

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
here is a interview with Jim Murnack, where he discusses some of his struggles with addiction. He was very open in the interview, and did not want Jim to stop the tape when they were discussing it.

Go here and scroll down to his interview. I haven't seen it yet, will have to wait until I'm home, but it should provide some insight to try and understand this loss.

http://www.go4pool.net/

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
CaliRed said:
here is a interview with Jim Murnack, where he discusses some of his struggles with addiction. He was very open in the interview, and did not want Jim to stop the tape when they were discussing it.

Go here and scroll down to his interview. I haven't seen it yet, will have to wait until I'm home, but it should provide some insight to try and understand this loss.

http://www.go4pool.net/
Thanks for the link Greg -- came across as very open and honest. And funny. Good stories too. Rest in peace, Ginky.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
Thanks for the link Greg -- came across as very open and honest. And funny. Good stories too. Rest in peace, Ginky.

He was a vary talented and creative man. And his joy came from his great work. But its always hard too say good bye.

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
NH Steve said:

Yes, Steve, I read that interview awhile back and really enjoyed it too. All the interviews on that site are good. The one thing that jumped out about Ginky was his blunt honesty. He seemed like a genuinely good and humble man. RIP George (Ginky).

Shannon Daulton

Verified Member
From
Greenville, SC
wincardona said:

Billy I.
I posted this on AZB my thoughts.

I just finished reading every post in this thread, and also watched and listened to the Jim Murnak interview, it was a great interview. George was just as I have always believed, a very special person/player and will sorely be missed by all.

I have always looked at George as being a talented man with an outgoing personality. He loved pool, gambling, and just having a good time, I was very envious of George because of how I perceived him, not to mention that he was 30 years younger than me.

I first met George at the Massachusetts State Championships in the year 1991. I was booking the matches at that tournament ( I know i'm a bad guy )and couldn't help but notice this young kid, small in stature that very rarely missed a ball. ( Yes I do have an eye for talent ) I quickly adjusted my line according to how I felt I could induce action against this kid ...IT WORKED... I also played George in the tournament and went to hill hill which George won. We developed a friendly relationship at that tournament that lasted forever. Any ways George won that tournament by beating Earl Strickland in the finals, just as I thought he would. No i'm not saying that George was a better player at that time, but it seemed to me that this was Georges tournament and he wasn't going to be denied. George won the tournament and I won pretty good luring betters that liked Strickland, I got lucky.

We'll never know why things like this happen, most think that It's a residue of life..maybe their right...But I can honestly say that I respected George for his honesty, his out look on life, his courage on and off the table, and his passion for the game that we all love. George was a good man, and a great player, and a solid human being.

My condolences goes out to all that knew him, especially his friends and family.

R.I.P. my friend and maybe someday we'll play some one pocket.

Billy Incardona

Billy,

What a heart felt post! You are exactly right about everything you said about the Ginkster! He was a phenomenal player and if given the chance would and could beat you at any given time. We have had our share of battles and I wasn't always on the winning end! He was a lot of fun, took pride in himself and was very much a gentleman on and off of the table. I will sincerly miss him! He was one of the good guys that didn't deserve to go at such a young age. The only way I can deal with it, is it was God's will and he got another angel to watch over us from above. RIP Ginky, love ya bud!

SD

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I ran across a site where a group is soliciting donations to help Ginky's family. Take notice, all you young gunners - Wade Crane not long ago and now Goerge Sansouci. I'm sure you know of some others not far behind. Will you need charity to bury you and take care of your kids? Are you sure?