Did you hear about the fire near the Q ball

ron padilla

Verified Member
John Henderson your probably tired about fires and the damage they do but, did you and DaBaber, hear about the fire that was in the same building as the q ball? It looks like they got lucky on that one, it sounds like it hit the same building twice last night. If that room would have been hit, it would have taken out a room that has been in that area for years!

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John Henderson your probably tired about fires and the damage they do but, did you and DaBaber, hear about the fire that was in the same building as the q ball? It looks like they got lucky on that one, it sounds like it hit the same building twice last night. If that room would have been hit, it would have taken out a room that has been in that area for years!
DiD not hear about it, thanks.

ron padilla

Verified Member
yes, the same building 2 times in one night from yhe news clip it looked like the at the end.

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
Where is the Q Ball? That's not the place in Alhambra, is it?

~Doc

yes, the same building 2 times in one night from yhe news clip it looked like the at the end.
That's my go-to practice room when I visit family in Pasadena - hope it wasn't damaged.

A fire "in the same building" must mean the smaller adjoining professional building to its left in the pic below.

pj
chgo

View attachment 21680

Attachments

• cue ball alhambra.jpg
    cue ball alhambra.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 0

ron padilla

Verified Member
no from the news real that I saw it was the building to the right of it. I am not sure what is there anymore it has been way to many years since I played there with the Barber and a host of other guys, you may have been there after I was last there back around the 90's

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
no from the news real that I saw it was the building to the right of it. I am not sure what is there anymore it has been way to many years since I played there with the Barber and a host of other guys, you may have been there after I was last there back around the 90's
If it's the building on the right that's good - it isn't connected.

I was there this spring - the pic is a Google Maps street view from last December.

pj
chgo

P.S. I saw a clip from the news about the fire - it is the taller building on the right, and it looks like it was fully engulfed, but it didn't look like the Cue Ball was involved.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
There has been so much talk of the SoCal fires, it took me awhile to realize that the fire in question here was simply a building fire. I'd wondered how there could possibly be a forest fire in Alhambra!..:confused: However those are very nice Queen palm trees in PJ's picture..:) Glad that the Cue Ball wasn't burned!

~Doc

ron padilla

Verified Member
Doc, I was going to ask if you were familiar with the area then I realized that you having been with MOI you were probably very familiar with the area!