Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2019, 02:45 PM
Verified Member

Thanks Mitch ,Great report.Canít wait to see yíall in Philadelphia
Old 04-02-2019, 03:13 PM
Verified Member

Thanks for the write up Mitch. Loved the pictures...looking forward to Philly.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:23 AM
Verified Member

Default Mkbtank trip report and pics later

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12squared View Post
Thanks for the write up Mitch. Loved the pictures...looking forward to Philly.

Thanks Dave. Since Steve wasnít there to take pics I try to fill in on a limited (phone pic) scale lol.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:42 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
Am I still allowed to make a report even though Iím dead money? Aw heck why not lol. What an awesome weekend. I am so glad that I negotiated with the wife enough to get there (cost me a cruise and was worth it). As soon as I arrived late Thursday I asked Jason (oneholenut) to play some 50 a game since I had ducked him when we first met lol. He plays well as we know and won the first three games. Last game he had me 6 to -2 and I got fortunate to come back and steal that game and finish down 2. (I felt like I won 100 &#128514. Friday came and my sparring partner Kentucky and I locked horns for a couple hunnert a game. I started off strong and won the first three games and then Bill caught a gear and won the next 4! I forget what happened after that but we had fun and that guy is tough as shoe leather. After that my man Miller and I played a race to three for dinner. Calcutta comes and I decided to go all in for a change, buying John Rawski, Bill Rousey, and Tom Wirth. My first match was against Lou Figueroa and it was awesome. Lou won the lag and the break. He won the first game and then I won on my break. He won the third game and then I won on my break again. Down to the hill game. I felt good and moved well to get a 7-3 lead. Then everything is a blur lol. Came down to ya boxing for the case ball. I took a few shots typical for me (a 4 railer, a back-cut two rail bank and maybe a 3 railer). In the end I shot to nudge a ball into a dead area by the top corner and unintentionally pocketed it, leaving Lou a shot on the spotted ball which he made for the win. Great match and Lou sure pockets balls well. My next match was against our host Bill Rowsey. What a fantastic guy. I can see why he always get high praise on here and am thrilled that he is joining us at our members tourney in Philly. I had never seen Bill play but he was on my list to test lol so I asked him if he wanted to bet 1/2 of the Calcutta that we split on him to make it more interesting. Of course he agreed. I accidentally played well for a change and was able to win the match but it was a hoot playing with Bill. Next match was with Chicagofats and he was fresh off his loss to Newkirk and was in tilt when we started. Saying he was going to smash the balls, etc. well he settles down and I lost my head, playing terrible. Missed ball in hand with balls by my hole not once but twice the first game! He wins. Second game I break and on my second shot, lag him on the back of the stack. There was a ball under the stack with the edge showing and Dan uses the rake, cut that ball in, and ran a strong 8 and out to put me out of the tournament. I am only happy to report that I played well against him later when we gambled a bit. That was the best I played all weekend frankly in our second round. He is a really straight shooter and dangerous. Funny as hell too! I also got to gamble with Warren just a little into his leg was bothering him but that was a pleasure as well. Nice guy!! Matched up with a local cheap 50 a game and broke even the first night and he beat me a few games the second time. I think thatís it for pool matches. I have to say that watching The final rounds I was really awed by the great moving. Another highlight for me was the awesome breakfast spot each morning and my first time eating Biscuits and Gravy!!! Itís a good thing I donít live in the south because I would have them every single day lol. Sharing the house with Nick, Tom, and Fatty was a blast as well. All in all just a fantastic weekend. The camaraderie of this crew is second to none, and it only makes me look forward to our Philly tournament that much more! I tried to get a few pics with you guys in mind to post later but my phone is acting up, so I will post them as soon as I figure out the issue separately.

hoobuuy, (my eyes hurt).

Mitch thanks for the report but remember: the return key is your friend, lol.

Lou Figueroa
Old 04-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
hoobuuy, (my eyes hurt).

Mitch thanks for the report but remember: the return key is your friend, lol.

Lou Figueroa

Lol. I use Tapatalk on my phone and it doesnít allow for correct spacing. I still write it correctly in case they ever fix the issue.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:44 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
Am I still allowed to make a report even though Iím dead money? Aw heck why not lol. What an awesome weekend. I am so glad that I negotiated with the wife enough to get there (cost me a cruise and was worth it). As soon as I arrived late Thursday I asked Jason (oneholenut) to play some 50 a game since I had ducked him when we first met lol. He plays well as we know and won the first three games. Last game he had me 6 to -2 and I got fortunate to come back and steal that game and finish down 2. (I felt like I won 100 &#128514. Friday came and my sparring partner Kentucky and I locked horns for a couple hunnert a game. I started off strong and won the first three games and then Bill caught a gear and won the next 4! I forget what happened after that but we had fun and that guy is tough as shoe leather. After that my man Miller and I played a race to three for dinner. Calcutta comes and I decided to go all in for a change, buying John Rawski, Bill Rousey, and Tom Wirth. My first match was against Lou Figueroa and it was awesome. Lou won the lag and the break. He won the first game and then I won on my break. He won the third game and then I won on my break again. Down to the hill game. I felt good and moved well to get a 7-3 lead. Then everything is a blur lol. Came down to ya boxing for the case ball. I took a few shots typical for me (a 4 railer, a back-cut two rail bank and maybe a 3 railer). In the end I shot to nudge a ball into a dead area by the top corner and unintentionally pocketed it, leaving Lou a shot on the spotted ball which he made for the win. Great match and Lou sure pockets balls well. My next match was against our host Bill Rowsey. What a fantastic guy. I can see why he always get high praise on here and am thrilled that he is joining us at our members tourney in Philly. I had never seen Bill play but he was on my list to test lol so I asked him if he wanted to bet 1/2 of the Calcutta that we split on him to make it more interesting. Of course he agreed. I accidentally played well for a change and was able to win the match but it was a hoot playing with Bill. Next match was with Chicagofats and he was fresh off his loss to Newkirk and was in tilt when we started. Saying he was going to smash the balls, etc. well he settles down and I lost my head, playing terrible. Missed ball in hand with balls by my hole not once but twice the first game! He wins. Second game I break and on my second shot, lag him on the back of the stack. There was a ball under the stack with the edge showing and Dan uses the rake, cut that ball in, and ran a strong 8 and out to put me out of the tournament. I am only happy to report that I played well against him later when we gambled a bit. That was the best I played all weekend frankly in our second round. He is a really straight shooter and dangerous. Funny as hell too! I also got to gamble with Warren just a little into his leg was bothering him but that was a pleasure as well. Nice guy!! Matched up with a local cheap 50 a game and broke even the first night and he beat me a few games the second time. I think thatís it for pool matches. I have to say that watching The final rounds I was really awed by the great moving. Another highlight for me was the awesome breakfast spot each morning and my first time eating Biscuits and Gravy!!! Itís a good thing I donít live in the south because I would have them every single day lol. Sharing the house with Nick, Tom, and Fatty was a blast as well. All in all just a fantastic weekend. The camaraderie of this crew is second to none, and it only makes me look forward to our Philly tournament that much more! I tried to get a few pics with you guys in mind to post later but my phone is acting up, so I will post them as soon as I figure out the issue separately.
see you in philly my man....

one happy meal coming up....lol

(you played really good broheim)
Old 04-06-2019, 07:53 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
see you in philly my man....

one happy meal coming up....lol

(you played really good broheim)

Any meal with you will be a happy one, Brotato Chip! Even filet... canít wait!!