We need more one pocket tapes

yobagua

Last week I talked with Pat Fleming. He told me that on the Derby matches he was coming out with 3 DVD's with 2 matches on each disc. I was disappointed as I knew a lot more was played at the Derby particularly on the tv table. Some money matches as well.
I know that it costs Pat a lot of money to record a match but couldnt we get someone to film some of the great matches with a single camera like Pat used to do in the old days. I remember he did some without commentary and they are some of my favorites. I have Shannon, Strawberry, Black Bart, Jack Colavito on some obscure Accustats tapes like that.
I know Corey played Efren on the tv table as well as Alex and was that OHB? Now that Accustats is becoming a big enterprise connecting with BTV couldnt someone step up and film matches that Accustats do not film?
I would consider paying for some of the expenses.
Wouldnt you have loved to see the match between Gabe and Efren, Tang Hoa and Efren, The Freezer vs Corey and then against T Rex. Even watching Cliff play some early tournament matches was great.
Maybe Im asking too much?

scotttheshooter

Verified Member
From
Phoenix Area
I Also Called Accutstats........

I Also Called Accutstats........

Inquiring about when the 2006 DCC One Pocket tapes were going to be ready and was very, very dissapointed to learn that only a small amount of matches are going to be available.

Clearly - Accustats certainly has to be profitable and no one can fault them for not putting out a product that they can't make a buck on.

OUCH!! :mad:

I'll miss seeing all those matches I was hearing so much about "but that's show biz!"

Comments:

** I do not care as much for the Accustat tapes (1P, 9Ball or whatever) that have been put out since they hooked up with BCN.

What's the story behind that relationship..??

** I wouldn't be surprised if an Accustats wannabe (competitor) didn't show up on the scene. Wouldn't that be interesting? :cool:

Since Pat's production costs prohibit him from doing certain matches and tournaments...lower production costs might allow the "wannable" to do their thing.

Too bad Pat can't take less people/less cameras, i.e. lower productions costs, and put out "old style" product.

100andout

Verified Member
From
FL/PA
Nah!, your not asking enough!...I'd like to buy/see a dvd set of every minute of action on the TV table,....except 9ball.....9ball action yes......tourny? nah.....

Gerry

scotttheshooter

Verified Member
From
Phoenix Area
Right On!

Right On!

100andout said:
Nah!, your not asking enough!...I'd like to buy/see a dvd set of every minute of action on the TV table,....except 9ball.....9ball action yes......tourny? nah.....

Gerry

You're right - I'd buy those same dvd's. As it is - I'm just going to have to buy all the old matches that my pocket book can afford. :rolleyes:

JasonDevanney

Yeah, thats disappointing to hear that they are only releasing a few matches.
I think it was a lot better when they had 10-12 vids of one pocket matches and about 8 or more 9ball and banks.

Bring back old school accu-stats!!!!

loveshiscue

Verified Member
From
Miami, Fl
The demand for one pocket matches on dvd has led alot of people to create their own dvds using DVDR recorders with VHS as the source. There are a number of folks trading among themselves as well as the to be expected jerkoffs selling dupes on Ebay. Alot of great non accustats vhs converted to dvd matches are also floating around. One I like in particular is Efren vs Bustamente from the 1999 Sacramento Open.

yobagua

Im one of the lucky ones who have those tapes from that Sacramento Open They are a great bunch of matches.