One Pocket Kansas City

underdog

Verified Member
I am excited here in KC about the return of Shooter's in Olathe to the tournament arena. Dan Tull was responsible for making this pool establishment successful. He had a partner who tried to commandeer this business and for two years had a strangle hold on the business. Dan won the business back via litigation and on Thursday, Nov.1 through the 4th is having a 9 ball and one pocket tourney.
The Camel tour used to play here. The "Legends of One Pocket" used to have tournaments here. It is a great place to play for tournaments and/or matching up. I believe that the nine ball is $5000 added and the one pocket is $1000 added. They have bleachers for the sweaters. You can call Shooter's at 913-780-5740
Come and enjoy if you can. I know this is short notice but unfortunately I have to have a job in the real world and forgot to post this.

underdog

Verified Member
One pocket KC

One pocket KC

Thanks Doc

Yes it is today December 1st through the 4th.

Age is a terrible thing. Which pocket is mine? LOL

underdog

Verified Member
Results from KC One Pocket

Results from KC One Pocket

Jesse Bowman won the Shooter's One Pocket tournament this past weekend. Whitey Walker took second place.
Calvin Lawton showed up and still can play pretty darn good. I believe he finished 5-6th. I bet there are a lot of old road players who didn't have to like playing him in his younger days in and around Topeka.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
underdog said:
Jesse Bowman won the Shooter's One Pocket tournament this past weekend. Whitey Walker took second place.
Calvin Lawton showed up and still can play pretty darn good. I believe he finished 5-6th. I bet there are a lot of old road players who didn't have to like playing him in his younger days in and around Topeka.
Maybe I got it wrong, but when I called them for the results I got this for the One Pocket:
  1. Jesse Bowman
  2. Shane McMinn
  3. Dave Matlock
They also said they had 37 players -- does that sound like the 9-ball results or the One Pocket? Sounds like we need a confirmation...

underdog

Verified Member
KC Results

KC Results

There were 37 in the one pocket. Jesse Bowman first in One Pocket, Whitey Walker 2nd. There was a girl from Oklahoma? (Rhonda Pterce) who played in the one pocket. She beat one man who played her tight but drew Whitey and Dave Matlock to put her out. I was glad to see a woman who seemed to move good in one hole. Too bad she had such a bad draw.
There were over 100 in the nine ball. James Walden won the nine ball, it is possible that Shane McMinn took second, David Matlock took third. David had an upper back or neck injury that hampered his play a bit. Had he felt better the first day he might have won both as he has been playing lights out at everything.
If he gets in the 3-cushion tourney that has been added in Louisville, look for him to set the pace. When he is on, he runs 8's through 12's regularly when in stroke. He beat the champion from Spain like a red headed step child. He said after that shellaccing that if David plays that good all the time then he is one of the best billiard players he had ever seen. He compared him to the Belgian champ Raymond Ceulemans. I will get flack for saying that I am sure but that is what he said