Bustamonte/richeison 2011

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
ball count 1-1 (i think :eek:)
its richies shot (im sure )
View attachment 5073

Well, all I can say is that if the Ghost was shooting here - it would be 8 and out time for him..:eek:...cuz the Ghost would just fire that 5-9 combo, the 9 caroming into the 11 ball, into the pocket, and the Ghost is out...:heh

- Gh:cool:st

PS, Hey Papie - how do you like me now? - you wanted me to be more aggressive - is it fine with you if I shoot that same shot, for your $$$, in the partners game at the DCC...:)

Last edited:

Maxwell

Verified Member
androd

androd

Are you trying to make a four ball cluster or do you have something more ambitious in mind?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Are you trying to make a four ball cluster or do you have something more ambitious in mind?

Max, I don't take'em all the way. I just get'em started and let everyone use their own ideas about where they go. :D
Rod.
P.S. Some ambitious things could happen here.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
P.S. Some ambitious things could happen here.

Long as you don't let whitey run into the 7ball or that striped ball, on it's way to the long rail...:)

- Ghost

PS, Hey Rod....If we lived near each other I know a great game we could play together...all-offense One Pocket: The game is no safeties allowed - gotta shoot at your hole on every shot...whaddaya think? - you like it?...:D

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
ball count 1-1 (i think:eek:)
its richies shot (im sure:D)
View attachment 5073
I like Rod's shot if it looked like there was a path, and it "felt right" at the table. If not, here is a more passive shot that looks workable -- at least it puts a ball on your side. If you could land the cue ball right behind the stripe it would be ideal.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2012-01-09_06-57-59.jpg
    Greenshot_2012-01-09_06-57-59.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 0

bstroud

Verified Member
The real problem here is how the balls are distributed. The all favor RR's opponent.

A very aggressive shot might be an option here. The 6 ball into the side 0f the 3 ball into the 4 ball and drawing the cue ball to the end rail.

Another option is to bank the 8 ball hard into the stack and killing the cue ball.
You might leave a bank if you don't hit it well.

Bill S.

Mkelley

Verified Member
From
Indiana
Very new to one pocket and just learning, so I'll throw my idea out there.

If he can squeeze between the 6 and 15 and hit the 3 pretty full, I would think it would carom off the 14 sending both balls toward his side. If nothing else sending the 3 back up table and the 14 toward his side.

Or I would like to maybe see what angle he could get off smashing the 15 full and force following down.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

If he can squeeze between the 6 and 15 and hit the 3 pretty full, I would think it would carom off the 14 sending both balls toward his side. If nothing else sending the 3 back up table and the 14 toward his side.

Or I would like to maybe see what angle he could get off smashing the 15 full and force following down.
...or better yet, draw the cue ball into the side of the stack. This shot would be great if all the balls are aligned for it -- but you have to control three balls at a minimum: the cue ball, the 3 and the 14 -- you cannot afford any of them to slip, slide or kiss out of their intended path. Hard to see these for sure in a monitor... but a shot with promise if it "lies right".

Welcome to the shot discussion fray :D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

welcome aboard

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
PS, Hey Rod....If we lived near each other I know a great game we could play together...all-offense One Pocket: The game is no safeties allowed - gotta shoot at your hole on every shot...whaddaya think? - you like it?...:D

Like it ? hell, I play it almost every day. :eek: Unless some pool player comes by. Which is rare.
Rod.

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
I like Rod's shot but I find it "fraught" will peril ... in other words you have to draw the ball alot and that can lead to disaster.

I believe it to be viable, but I think many people may only get three from there and if struck poorly your opponent may be able to get five or more and win the game.

I like Steve's shot and then come back to re-assess the table in your next inning.

Welcome MKelly !

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I like Rod's shot but I find it "fraught" will peril ... in other words you have to draw the ball alot and that can lead to disaster.

Welcome MKelly !

Tony it looked like a natural angle to roll the CB to me, or I wouldn't have posted it. ;)
Rod.

Put_upor_shutup

Im pretty sure that cue ball will go in between...Ha ha and somehow ppl still bet on me..Mad at their money...

Put_upor_shutup

...or better yet, draw the cue ball into the side of the stack. This shot would be great if all the balls are aligned for it -- but you have to control three balls at a minimum: the cue ball, the 3 and the 14 -- you cannot afford any of them to slip, slide or kiss out of their intended path. Hard to see these for sure in a monitor... but a shot with promise if it "lies right".

Welcome to the shot discussion fray :D

Yall beat me to the punch...

Mkelley

Verified Member
From
Indiana
Thanks glad to see a site so informative.

Well I feel like I came up with a decent shot now. Yippee. Glad to make a contribution!

Mkelley

Verified Member
From
Indiana
When do we get to know what the next shot is, like what he actually shot? Waiting in Suspense..