Louis DeMarco vs. Tony Fargo 2003 D.C.C.#2

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The Duck just called me and insisted I post up another Bank Pool "what would you do?" so here it is. He also pleaded with me to label the balls with their proper numbers and for some reason he wanted to know the compass position of the table:confused:. It's all there for you Ducky:).

P.S. Ducky, if you put your cursor arrow over the picture you can oft times view a secret message that I sometimes put in the posts:cool:

It's DeMarco's Shot. What would you do?

Ball Numbers For Idiots.jpg

CapturedPicture_10.Jpeg

CapturedPicture_5.Jpeg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
From this position DeMarco is a big dog in the game, even though he only trails by one ball. The reason he's a big dog is because there are three balls that cannot be banked in any pocket, taking away the ability for him to go ahead or possibly win from this position. Understanding this he should be thinking how to get more balls in play, he would like for all the balls to be in play so he needs to figure out how to accomplish that, and at the same time keep pressure on his opponent.

There looks like a shot available for DeMarco to put two balls in play, and put pressure on Fargo, if i'm reading it right. If he has the angle to bank the 6 ball toward the 4 ball that's hanging and pocket the 8 ball with the cue ball, that's the shot I would shoot. Even if he can't pocket the 4 ball he will make the 8 ball and then he will leave Fargo long with two balls in play. Advantage DeMarco. Any other shot will keep DeMarco a big dog, he can't afford to play the game with only one ball in play.

Dr. Bill

SJDinPHX

Suspended
The Duck just called me and insisted I post up another Bank Pool "what would you do?" so here it is. He also pleaded with me to label the balls with their proper numbers and for some reason he wanted to know the compass position of the table:confused:. It's all there for you Ducky:).

P.S. Ducky, if you put your cursor arrow over the picture you can oft times view a secret message that I sometimes put in the posts.

View attachment 5558

View attachment 5559

View attachment 5560

No problem here...6 ball, 3rails in the side...Firm...(free shot, for a perfeshunal gulf player)...;) :sorry...Next case !!!

PS..Sorry to kill your stupid post so quick...NOT !!..:D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
From this position DeMarco is a big dog in the game, even though he only trails by one ball. The reason he's a big dog is because there are three balls that cannot be banked in any pocket, taking away the ability for him to go ahead or possibly win from this position. Understanding this he should be thinking how to get more balls in play, he would like for all the balls to be in play so he needs to figure out how to accomplish that, and at the same time keep pressure on his opponent.

There looks like a shot available for DeMarco to put two balls in play, and put pressure on Fargo, if i'm reading it right. If he has the angle to bank the 6 ball toward the 4 ball that's hanging and pocket the 8 ball with the cue ball, that's the shot I would shoot. Even if he can't pocket the 4 ball he will make the 8 ball and then he will leave Fargo long with two balls in play. Advantage DeMarco. Any other shot will keep DeMarco a big dog, he can't afford to play the game with only one ball in play.

Dr. Bill
Let's look a little further into the game and the possibilities that could present themselves. If DeMarco banks the 6 ball toward the 4 ball and doesn't make the 4 ball there will be two balls in play. Regardless of what Fargo does he will now have to defend against two balls (6 ball and 8 ball) If he opts to play off the 6 ball and misses, that will give DeMarco the opportunity to pocket either the 4 ball or 1 ball and put two balls on the spot, if he likes it. Or he can shoot either the 6 ball or 8 ball if he likes that option. These opportunities presented themselves from DeMarco pocketing the 8 ball the last time he was at the table. By pocketing the 8 ball DeMarco put pressure on Fargo, and is now not as big of a dog as he was with only one playable ball on the table.

Dr. Bill

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
BrainSurgeons.org

BrainSurgeons.org

No problem here...6 ball, 3rails in the side...Firm...(free shot, for a perfeshunal gulf player)...;) :sorry...Next case !!!

There is another forum on the internet where your insightful comments might be better appreciated. :sorry

Beard

Please quit pee-peeing on this one. Are you back to writhing on the floor when I hit a home run on this page?:lol

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Let's look a little further into the game and the possibilities that could present themselves. If DeMarco banks the 6 ball toward the 4 ball and doesn't make the 4 ball there will be two balls in play. Regardless of what Fargo does he will now have to defend against two balls (6 ball and 8 ball) If he opts to play off the 6 ball and misses, that will give DeMarco the opportunity to pocket either the 4 ball or 1 ball and put two balls on the spot, if he likes it. Or he can shoot either the 6 ball or 8 ball if he likes that option. These opportunities presented themselves from DeMarco pocketing the 8 ball the last time he was at the table. By pocketing the 8 ball DeMarco put pressure on Fargo, and is now not as big of a dog as he was with only one playable ball on the table.

Dr. Bill

Crossing the 6 ball is a good, and probably best option. However, it looks like it would be very difficult to make the 8 ball along with it, or even the hanging 4 ball. No matter. It would be ok if you did either option (make 6 or make 4), but no harm if you dont. The drawback in making either the 8 or 4 is that now 2 balls are in play. Just enough for you opponent to win, but not enough for you. You need 3. Just crossing the 6 opens up some pathways to get back into the game.
Example: the cue ball should now be on the bottom rail and the 6 ball should be near the foot rail and close to the 4 ball -- leaving no decent return shot on the 6, probably forcing your oppo to pocket the 8 and leave you long and back on the head rail. Two balls are now in play, with one on the spot. Giving you an opportunity to make one of the hanging balls, spotting it behind the 8 ball and hopefully allowing you to return up table and be relatively safe with only the 6 ball leave to worry about. More importantly, there will now be THREE balls in play -- enough for you to win, and putting you back into the game.

Beard

If the 6 ball was a little higher off of the rail I would just thin off of it, making sure I didnt hit and pocket the 8 ball and return my oppo back to the foot rail.
From there I am sure that in a few innings I would have at least three balls in play.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
BrainSurgeons.org

SJDinPHX said:
No problem here...6 ball, 3rails in the side...Firm...(free shot, for a perfeshunal gulf player)... ...Next case !!!

PS..Sorry to kill your stupid post so quick...NOT !!..

fred bentivegna said:
BrainSurgeons.org

There is another forum on the internet where your insightful comments might be better appreciated.

Beard

He's banned over there Freddy for arguing with CoCo Cowboy:p. The Duck kept complaining about the girls being "fat".

70605_front.jpg

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
If I was good, I'd pocket the NE ball and roll back into the SE ball. Since I'm not, I'll take my first idea to drop the SE ball and keep the NE pocket blocked. The 6 tempted me, but with such a long cut with a short angle, there's too many ways to open up a pocket(NW or NE) without dropping the 6 in the SW pocket.

Maybe I'd just kick him in the shin and run away. :eek:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Hold on a second, it's not a free shot. If hit too hard you could leave a cross side:eek: If hit too short, you could leave a free three in the corner. I thought of that shot but decided against it for those reasons.:sorry

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Crossing the 6 ball is a good, and probably best option. However, it looks like it would be very difficult to make the 8 ball along with it, or even the hanging 4 ball. You will have the ability to make one of them for sure, the 8 or 4 ball. No matter. It would be ok if you did either option (make 6 or make 4), but no harm if you dont. The drawback in making either the 8 or 4 is that now 2 balls are in play. Just enough for you opponent to win, but not enough for youIt's definitely a fair trade off, how would you like to be shooting off the end rail with two balls in play?
You need 3. Just crossing the 6 opens up some pathways to get back into the game.
Example: the cue ball should now be on the bottom rail and the 6 ball should be near the foot rail and close to the 4 ball -- leaving no decent return shot on the 6, probably forcing your oppo to pocket the 8 and leave you long and back on the head rail. Why would anyone pocket the 8 ball? that wouln't be very smart, would it. Or he can bank the 6 ball back up table, then your in trouble again. Two balls are now in play, with one on the spot. Giving you an opportunity to make one of the hanging balls, spotting it behind the 8 ball and hopefully allowing you to return up table and be relatively safe with only the 6 ball leave to worry about. More importantly, there will now be THREE balls in play -- enough for you to win, and putting you back into the game.

Beard

If the 6 ball was a little higher off of the rail I would just thin off of it, making sure I didnt hit and pocket the 8 ball and return my oppo back to the foot rail.
From there I am sure that in a few innings I would have at least three balls in play.
Making either the 8 ball or 4 ball is your best option, forcing your opponent to perform from long distance.:eek: He'll probably try to play some ..half safe-half shot.. and leave you the opportunity to improve your position.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member

P.S. Ducky, if you put your cursor arrow over the picture you can oft times view a secret message that I sometimes put in the posts:cool:

View attachment 5558

View attachment 5559

View attachment 5560
Well since I'm in a trap i know what i'm doing.I'm shooting and calling the 6 two rails up and down and making the 8 with the cball.It's laying good for it too, looks like.Very makeable shot too even though it sounds kinda wild.Sometimes you just got to go down swingin.... or just go down.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Is everybody smart?

Is everybody smart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna

....Example: the cue ball should now be on the bottom rail and the 6 ball should be near the foot rail and close to the 4 ball -- leaving no decent return shot on the 6, probably forcing your oppo to pocket the 8 and leave you long and back on the head rail. Why would anyone pocket the 8 ball? that wouln't be very smart, would it...... Billy, you are assuming everybody is a genius? I have found that very often not to be true. As also evidenced by many of the shot choices on this forum.

Beard

Making either the 8 ball or 4 ball is your best option, forcing your opponent to perform from long distance. He'll probably try to play some ..half safe-half shot.. and leave you the opportunity to improve your position.

Dr. Bill

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I'm not sure what DeMarco attempted from here but he cut the 6 to the endrail and it bumped the 8 before resting. Fargo banked it cross-corner:eek:.

LD's Shot 3.jpg

Here's where he left it for Fargo:

CapturedPicture_3.Jpeg