Chicago/LA

Chicago/LA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Hey Bill, you may already be aware of this but with the poll you posted, you can only have 1 answer. Isn't East Coast and Chicago the same? Just making sure before I vote. Actually, to be more clear, for me personally of the choices that were posted before I voted on the locations that were a 6 hour drive or less. In your poll Chicago qualifies for that but what is east coast, Erie, PA?

thanks!

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
You choose.............
I think given your age and the climate you should move to LA. Good luck
Oh, you mean the tournament....
I think that if we are going to decide between the two cities we need to see if each is viable. We don't even know if Red shoes will close every table they have for us. Lacy's is probably a given, I don't know about Buffs either. We need to ask ghost to put some feelers out at chris's and red shoes. I also think regardless we need to make this thing travel every year if possible, other wise we can have a majority of members from a certain area vote it at there home town every year. JMO
Sorry, i didn't see the poll...

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I think that if we are going to decide between the two cities we need to see if each is viable. We don't even know if Red shoes will close every table they have for us. Lacy's is probably a given, I don't know about Buffs either. We need to ask ghost to put some feelers out at chris's and red shoes. I also think regardless we need to make this thing travel every year if possible, other wise we can have a majority of members from a certain area vote it at there home town every year. JMO

I agree John

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Hey Bill, you may already be aware of this but with the poll you posted, you can only have 1 answer. Isn't East Coast and Chicago the same? Just making sure before I vote. Actually, to be more clear, for me personally of the choices that were posted before I voted on the locations that were a 6 hour drive or less. In your poll Chicago qualifies for that but what is east coast, Erie, PA?

thanks!

When I was growing up in WI and IL my Father was a traveling salesman with Golding Bros. Selling ticking. His territory was called the Midwest, which were all the surrounding states of IL. And since the Golding Bros. Like Joey Gold those jewi$h boy$ know the in$ and out$ of the demographics of the Heart of the country....they Always called it the Midwest. Once you were in OH you were all the way there :lol. Maybe LA is really E. Coast just because the Mississippi is W. of em :lol

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Sorry, i didn't see the poll...

Well just sic Angel Levine on em....with her camera and get er done :)

I just reached out too her on FB, I'll let ya all know what transpires, better yet, I think I still have her ph. I'll call.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
When I was growing up in WI and IL my Father was a traveling salesman with Golding Bros. Selling ticking. His territory was called the Midwest, which were all the surrounding states of IL. And since the Golding Bros. Like Joey Gold those jewi$h boy$ know the in$ and out$ of the demographics of the Heart of the country....they Always called it the Midwest. Once you were in OH you were all the way there :lol. Maybe LA is really E. Coast just because the Mississippi is W. of em :lol

Nice story Bill :)

Now, can you tell me if east coast = Erie, PA? That is within driving distance but Philly is not...

Heck I will make it easy, I am just voting for Chicago ~

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

Nothing says stereotyping like the ovens of Auschwitz. Thanks for sharing your bigotry.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I would like to point out that LA is not the whole of the West Coast. You have four pool rooms in The Phoenix area. There is Colorado, Boise has a great room, Portland, Tacoma has Malarkys, Sacramento has Hard Times, Fremont, California Billiards. At the time of year this tournament is being held, I would vote for Phoenix, the weather is fantastic.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
#10 Report Post Old Today, 10:54 AM
Scrzbill Scrzbill

Nothing says stereotyping like the ovens of Auschwitz. Thanks for sharing your bigotry.

..........What word should I use instead of Jewish, I dislike the short form? never meant to upset anyone. :sorry

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
In Hawaii we called California the East Coast. New York was the Far Easter Coast.

bernie p

Verified Member
I would like to point out that LA is not the whole of the West Coast. You have four pool rooms in The Phoenix area. There is Colorado, Boise has a great room, Portland, Tacoma has Malarkys, Sacramento has Hard Times, Fremont, California Billiards. At the time of year this tournament is being held, I would vote for Phoenix, the weather is fantastic.

Another vote for Phoenix being ideal… Or West Coast.

Bernie.

youngstown

Verified Member
Chicago/LA

I can do two of the choices...but it's not a multiple choice poll, so I guess I'll wait near the end to get the most out of my vote...(Shrug)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
FWIW

Buffalo's is brand new. Buffalo is a terrific host. It's close to the airport.

The pilot can tell us more: How many tables? How many similar Diamonds. Does he have food and beverage now? Suitable hotel-motel close by? Etc.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
FWIW

Buffalo's is brand new. Buffalo is a terrific host. It's close to the airport.

The pilot can tell us more: How many tables? How many similar Diamonds. Does he have food and beverage now? Suitable hotel-motel close by? Etc.

Buffalo's new room is not open yet so I don't know how many tables it will have. It's supposed to have snooker, billiards, video games, and smoking. Hopefully the 20 foot high ceilings will help with the smoke. Plenty of hotel rooms within 5 miles. I generally hate smoking rooms so I'll just have to wait and see what it's like in the new room

baby huey

Verified Member
Who's hosting Thanksgiving this year? I am, no you are, no, I thought aunt Betty was. I am not going to vote and Bernie you get two thumbs up for suggesting Phoenix and really messing with the location. No, the award goes to Kentucky Bill for suggesting Auschwitz.

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
Yeah that makes sense.

Bruce, if you see this and want to reach out to Chris' and/or Red Shoes lmk. Like I said before, if it lands here, I'm more than happy to help arrange things.
I'll see Bruce tomorrow at Chris's (to make my weekly donation to the "pay Casper's rent" fund) - I'll mention this to him.

pj
chgo

P.S. I vote Chicago, natch.