Please post todays s/s schedule of play

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Billy Incardona won the hot seat match over John Henderson 4/2, so he will be on the sidelines waiting for the winner of the losers bracket. They both played great...

1st match.
James Christopher plays Bob Ogburn at noon, race to 3... I would expect this race to move along quickly as both players know the game very well and take very little time to decide upon a shot... If I was put to a guess, I'd say less than 2 hours...

2nd match.
The winner of that match will tee it up with last years Champion, John Henderson, in another race to 3 to see who gets to try and double dip the reigning Seniors (65 & over) Champion from last April...

3rd match.
Bill Incardona vs. _______

No matter who gets to face the good Doctor, it should be a great match as all 4 remaining players are worthy of being there... This match could start as early as 5:00 PM... Again, just my best guess...

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Jeff!

I watched some of Hendy vs Dr. last night and it was a good battle for sure. They both played very well I thought!

PS - who did you lose to if you dont mind me asking Jeff?

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Yes a photo of the updated bracket would be very nice too!

Sorry Steve, don't know how to post a pic, maybe someone who has that ability will do it...

LSJohn and I shared the 7/8 place money...
John played extremely well, he had James Christopher on the ropes, he led James 2/0 in games and played the 3rd game really well with a chance to eliminate the old pro...he stubbed his toe slightly and left James an opening and of course James took full advantage of it and ended up grinding out a tough win against a strong opponent who was certainly not "CANNON FODDER" nor will he ever be considered as such after that performance!!!! (3/2 James) Great playing John!!!

I'm certain that Don Steele isn't 81 years old... :) no 81 year old man can beat me!!!:). My wife said he's gonna do the Mission Impossible thing and pull off that mask..:lol:lol:lol. He's a good player by any standard, but a great player as an 81 year old man... Hats off to Mr. Steele for a 3/1 whopping...

James played the nicest man in the tournament next, "Gentleman John Smith" out of New Hampshire... John seemed a bit off his game and James handled him easily 3/0. John is a tough competitor, and if they played the game of one pocket at all in the state of New Hampshire, I'm sure he would be even tougher, he never gets to play, imagine that!!! Good tournament Mr. Smith 5/6 finish...

Bob Ogburn played a weary Don Steele... Maurice Leblanc played a 4 hour match with Don, then Don and I played another 2 hours, so Bob didn't get the real Don Steele... Not that Bob wouldn't have prevailed anyway, but that's how it goes in the losers bracket, you end up playing all day, and it wears you down... (3/1 Bob) Great tournament Mr. Steele...5/6 finish

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
LSJohn and I shared the 7/8 place money...
John played extremely well, he had James Christopher on the ropes, he led James 2/0 in games and played the 3rd game really well with a chance to eliminate the old pro...he stubbed his toe slightly and left James an opening and of course James took full advantage of it and ended up grinding out a tough win against a strong opponent who was certainly not "CANNON FODDER" nor will he ever be considered as such after that performance!!!! (3/2 James) Great playing John!!!
Congratulations to LSJohn for getting to 2-0 against an always tough James Christopher! Didn't Mitch get to 2-0 over James in N.O.? I'm beginning to think that James is like the Tennessee Volunteers: they don't start playing until they're down by two touchdowns..:cool:

Great match last night with Bill I. and John H.! John got some horrendous "bad beat" scratches in the last coupla games. But in the end Bill played better in the clutch. Whoever gets to him in the finals is going to have their hands full.

I sense that Jeff was struggling this week. Could it have been too much tinkering with his stroke recently? In my own case, all the fooling with my stance, alignment, stroke over the past 20 years has resulted in my play being very inconsistent. I shoulda left it alone...:(

Looking forward to seeing some of today's play. Notice the word "seeing"..:D Thanks for the good stream Bill. At our age, happiness is a good stream.;)

~Doc

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Please post todays s/s schedule of play

Congratulations to LSJohn for getting to 2-0 against an always tough James Christopher! Didn't Mitch get to 2-0 over James in N.O.? I'm beginning to think that James is like the Tennessee Volunteers: they don't start playing until they're down by two touchdowns..:cool:

~Doc

I did Doc. And in the next match, Tom Wirth also had James down 2-0! The guy has no give-up, that's for sure! Good lesson.

And I agree.. Congrats LSJohn on a great showing!!! 90 years old and finally coming off the stall 😊.

Really though... well done!!

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

Great match last night with Bill I. and John H.! John got some horrendous "bad beat" scratches in the last coupla games. But in the end Bill played better in the clutch. Whoever gets to him in the finals is going to have their hands full.

I sense that Jeff was struggling this week. Could it have been too much tinkering with his stroke recently? In my own case, all the fooling with my stance, alignment, stroke over the past 20 years has resulted in my play being very inconsistent. I shoulda left it alone...:(

Looking forward to seeing some of today's play. Notice the word "seeing"..:D Thanks for the good stream Bill. At our age, happiness is a good stream.;)

~Doc

:lol:lol. Love that last line Doc... Clever as ever... :):)
Is that a double entendre?

And yes, I struggled mightily, missing routine shots and selling out...
Had I made the shots I should have made, the outcome could have been different...
Unforced errors hurt, especially those that you expect to make 98% of the time...
Good tournament though, and playing more matches on Friday is going to help a lot with an earlier finish today..
I had a great time and I'm already looking forward to next year...

Last edited: