I could use your FeedBack...

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I don't understand the point. One-pocket is not a speed game. You'd be better off playing 9-ball or 7-ball. Are you trying to create an "all offense" one-pocket league?

Doc

I1PL

Verified Member
From
Novato, CA
Interesting...

Interesting...

Thank You both for prompt FeedBack.

I need to establish handicaps for a new group of 9-ball players in SF. This is what I came up with while I run the USPPA 9-ball tournament for them simultaneously.

On average, how long does one of your 1-P games take?

Maybe I'll define three stages of the Game, like in chess: The Opening, Mid, and End game. Then, I could have these players play in the Opening Game, which would probably be weighted races to 3 balls? 20 minutes should be good for this.

Mmmmm??

Thanks Again,
I1

Shag_Fu

Verified Member
Time in one pocket isnt really relavent to a true player of the game. It can vary so much. Ive had games last 3 minutes, or an hour and a half. Sometimes Ill get to 6 really fast then not have a shot for a half hour. Sometimes the 1st ball takes a half hour to finally drop. I think you should do your tournament on at least 2 tables until you get a better feel for how your players play. Unfortuneately, the better they get at 1p, the longer it will take as the safeties get tighter and tighter.

I1PL

Verified Member
From
Novato, CA
9-ball Players

9-ball Players

How about your thoughts on introducing the game of 1-Pocket to 9-ball players? Learning the game in stages seems appropriate. While I'm running these USPPA handicapped 9-ball tournaments I want to introduce mini 1-P tournaments to the first round losers.

Anyway, here's the I1PL Tournament Chart and Process description ==> http://www.mgtmotorsports.com/Feedback/showthread.php?t=165

Again,
Thanks for any input.

Last edited: