Rules question/I made the call/opinons?

tylerdurden

Verified Member
TD,

I was just updating this thread to mess with SJD but as long as you gave a reply you may want to consider that the shooter did not "scratch" in his own hole, the cueball went into the side (his side) and popped back out. The side pockets belong to both players and should be cleared by both players. Balls don't belong in the side pockets. I would have ruled no foul.

Dennis

I should have said his own side hole. I still believe what I said, in that if there are balls in that side hole they are going to be the shooter's, and he put them there, no? Don't see any reason they wouldn't be his. I dont know what the real rule is, but if i was deciding on this id have no problem whatsoever ruling foul and ball in hand.... however flawed my ruling would be that is what id say :confused:

The problem with ruling your way, and you really do have to think about this when you make rulings, is guys can purposefully stack balls up in that hole (in a game where they are using the sides to hold balls) to preclude a potential scratch. Maybe not likely, but i would think about that in my ruling. Yet I realize youd say it is the other guy's responsibility to see that he doesnt do that, but i still feel it does not set a good precedent.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I should have said his own side hole. I still believe what I said, in that if there are balls in that side hole they are going to be the shooter's, and he put them there, no? Don't see any reason they wouldn't be his. I dont know what the real rule is, but if i was deciding on this id have no problem whatsoever ruling foul and play from where it lays.... however flawed my ruling would be that is what id say :confused:

The problem with ruling your way, and you really do have to think about this when you make rulings, is guys can purposefully stack balls up in that hole (in a game where they are using the sides to hold balls) to preclude a potential scratch. Maybe not likely, but i would think about that in my ruling. Yet I realize youd say it is the other guy's responsibility to see that he doesnt do that, but i still feel it does not set a good precedent.

I would have told both players that they were imbeciles for allowing balls to be put in the side pockets and ruled "no foul". Balls don't belong in the side pockets or the neutral corner pockets.

I would not assume the reasons the balls were there other than to assume that both players were morons. It does not matter why the balls were in the side pocket, only that they were there.

There is never a "problem" with any of my rulings, usually the players ask fellow idiots(no offense Rod) for rulings:p.

If you always do things properly when gambling you'll never have a problem whereby you need a "ruling" from a railbug, knowlegeable or not.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
on a no return table where are you supposed to keep the object balls you make if not in one of the 3 holes on your side???
on a return table arent the balls you made "safer" if they stay in one of the 3 holes on your side??
just askin:rolleyes:
p.s. i would have called it a foul

Rod

Verified Member
From
Phoenix, Az
on a no return table where are you supposed to keep the object balls you make if not in one of the 3 holes on your side???
on a return table arent the balls you made "safer" if they stay in one of the 3 holes on your side??
just askin:rolleyes:
p.s. i would have called it a foul

On a return table balls don't stay in the pocket. At any rate I would rule c/b a foul and o/b not pocketed. On most BW's there are channels or slots on both sides at the foot end. If not put them in a tray or maybe the floor. I thought about this last time I played. I was giving 9-7 and yes cowboy I was an imbecile. My side pocket was full so I removed some and put them in my side on the foot end tray. Its never happened to me playing 1P but it did happen playing 9 ball. It was my fault, the ball Tex exp it stayed down and incoming had ball in hand.

We have 1 Diamond return table but it has a divided basket for each buy the ball return. I realized now to store in a better place, and it only took 5 or so years of 1P play. :D

Rod

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
On a return table balls don't stay in the pocket. At any rate I would rule c/b a foul and o/b not pocketed. On most BW's there are channels or slots on both sides at the foot end. If not put them in a tray or maybe the floor. I thought about this last time I played. I was giving 9-7 and yes cowboy I was an imbecile. My side pocket was full so I removed some and put them in my side on the foot end tray. Its never happened to me playing 1P but it did happen playing 9 ball. It was my fault, the ball Tex exp it stayed down and incoming had ball in hand.

We have 1 Diamond return table but it has a divided basket for each buy the ball return. I realized now to store in a better place, and it only took 5 or so years of 1P play. :D

Rod

Rod,

What is a BW?

Dennis

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Depends on whom your doing business with, their true character will surface. If I personally had this happen (and it HAS) and I got into a Big confrontation, I might just uncork/game over, or finish and quit and Never play ''bad action'' again. Our game is too great to trash it in this manner. I've always made a rule with someone whom I don't know but feel good about matching up with. If we get into a situation that we had not set a rule for then we flip a coin to see who makes the rule in this situation, in turn, if another incident comes up the other player will make the rule in that second situtation and so forth.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The genesis of the Duck's hatred of alligators. I don't know what he has against cheap Chicago hookers though:p.

P.S. Duckbrain, if a cueball jumps off the playing surface and hits a piece of chalk, it is a fowl, just like you:D.

RBL

Dear Duckbrain,

I liked your short answers in this thread much better than the long, drawn-out post you made in the "other" thread:p.

CBD