He now has a 3-0 lead in this game.

He hit the 11 ball with the rock though and left himself here:

BI's Shot.jpg

What would you shoot from here?

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I would shoot the 6 into the 9, drawing the cb to the side rail and from there to the foot rail, against the 8. The whole pattern should favor you when everything has stopped rolling, and Bollman might be hard-pressed to find something safe to do. Should be very productive.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I would shoot the stripe that is between the 9 and 1 and draw my rock behind the 11-8. :cool:

I like your shot Lenny thats what i would do. As far as what Billy should of shot after leaving himself in this position the answer is easy....... HIMSELF:D

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I like your shot Lenny thats what i would do. As far as what Billy should of shot after leaving himself in this position the answer is easy....... HIMSELF:D

I'm surprised you would play such a simple 'old fashioned shot' here, when you have this golden opportunity to put the game totally out of reach -- two rail the 6-ball AND carom the 10 to your hole and draw back behind the wall-a-balls by Bollman's pocket. :D:D

Attachments

• Greenshot_2012-02-18_22-16-39.jpg
    Greenshot_2012-02-18_22-16-39.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I'm surprised you would play such a simple 'old fashioned shot' here, when you have this golden opportunity to put the game totally out of reach -- two rail the 6-ball AND carom the 10 to your hole and draw back behind the wall-a-balls by Bollman's pocket. :D:D

and draw to the wrong side of the balls off the 10 leaving your opponent straight in on the 8 and a runout. If thats old school i will stick to new school...i like winning

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I don't remember what I did here but looking at the table lay out it looks like I would two rail the 6 ball and play the carom into the 10 ball, with a follow stroke, not a draw stroke.

Shooting directly into the 10 ball and drawing the cue ball back behind the 8 ball looks to be risky, if you brush the 6 ball you could scratch.

Billy I.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I don't remember what I did here but looking at the table lay out it looks like I would two rail the 6 ball and play the carom into the 10 ball, with a follow stroke, not a draw stroke.

Shooting directly into the 10 ball and drawing the cue ball back behind the 8 ball looks to be risky, if you brush the 6 ball you could scratch.

Billy I.

After the way you hit the 4 ball you lost all credibilty in this thread :lol once again Billy if you cant execute shooting straight at the 10 ball and drawing back without hitting the 6 ball pack your cues up and go home. Your 4 inches from the 10 ball!!!!
Hacker is starting to think Billy has been hanging out with Ghostbrain

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
After the way you hit the 4 ball you lost all credibilty in this thread :lol once again Billy if you cant execute shooting straight at the 10 ball and drawing back without hitting the 6 ball pack your cues up and go home. Your 4 inches from the 10 ball!!!!
Hacker is starting to think Billy has been hanging out with Ghostbrain

Maybe you're right, I guess I could do that at least 80 % of the time. But I am shooting over the 15 and 8 balls, no problem.:D

But can you give me 10 to 7?:p I know my speed when I was 50 years old could give me today at least 11 to 7.:p

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Maybe you're right, I guess I could do that at least 80 % of the time. But I am shooting over the 15 and 8 balls, no problem.:D

But can you give me 10 to 7?:p I know my speed when I was 50 years old could give me today at least 11 to 7.:p

Dr. Bill

Billy after the way you just hit that 4 ball your speed now could give your speed back then 9 to 7:lol Billy you have the potential to be a really good one pocket player.. im not going to stunt your growth as a player by over handicapping you so you get an easy victory. Im looking out for YOU Billy

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Billy after the way you just hit that 4 ball your speed now could give your speed back then 9 to 7:lol Billy you have the potential to be a really good one pocket player.. im not going to stunt your growth as a player by over handicapping you so you get an easy victory. Im looking out for YOU Billy

I played bad in this match, I actually played very good in this tournament beating Grady, Hopkins, Mizerak, and Hall, then lose to Bollman in the finals.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
and your asking for all this weight from me? sounds like i need 9 to 7:D
I believe I was 51 years old at this time, would like to go back to the speed I played at 51 years old. You and I would of been a close game when I was 51, but when I was 40 years old you could of gotten at least 10 to 8.

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I believe I was 51 years old at this time, would like to go back to the speed I played at 51 years old. You and I would of been a close game when I was 51, but when I was 40 years old you could of gotten at least 10 to 8.

Dr. Bill

I have no doubt you could have giving me 10 to 8. If you dont dog it you can probably give it to me now.
P.S. when you were 40 i was 13... i didnt start playing until i was 20 so yeah 10 to 8 would have been fair:D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Dr. Bill

I quit playing pool 4 times for at least 3 to 5 years each time from the age of 31 to today. I believe I quit when I was around 42 years old and started back around 48 years old. How old are you?

Billy I.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I quit playing pool 4 times for at least 3 to 5 years each time from the age of 31 to today. I believe I quit when I was around 42 years old and started back around 48 years old. How old are you?

Billy I.

40 i quit for 3 years 7 or 8 years ago. Even though im technically playing again i have no desire to practice or play pool down here. Part of it is because i put on 60-70 lbs since i was playing my best.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I have no doubt you could have giving me 10 to 8. If you dont dog it you can probably give it to me now.
P.S. when you were 40 i was 13... i didnt start playing until i was 20 so yeah 10 to 8 would have been fair:D
Yea, my nerves are pretty bad today at the age of 68, but I still try to play, I believe my best game could of given you 10 to 8 the way you play today, like I said I could of given myself at least 11 to 7 then to now.

But you have a strong game you should play more often, then you'd really be tough to beat.

Billy I.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Yea, my nerves are pretty bad today at the age of 68, but I still try to play, I believe my best game could of given you 10 to 8 the way you play today, like I said I could of given myself at least 11 to 7 then to now.

But you have a strong game you should play more often, then you'd really be tough to beat.

Billy I.

Im actual joining a gym tomorrow(for real). I think as soon as i get exercising i will get the desire to play again.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
40 i quit for 3 years 7 or 8 years ago. When i was playing my best. I was robbing the 12 ball ghost everyday at Hollywood billiards. Even though im technically playing again i have no desire to practice or play pool down here. Part of it is because i put on 60-70 lbs since i was playing my best. Now i cant beat the 6 ball ghost
That's pretty impressive, I don't think I could of ever beat the 12 ball ghost, you're the man. :D

Billy I.