Maybe im underestimating SJD in his prime

onepockethacker

Verified Member
With everyone chiming in saying how great SJD was in his prime, it got me thinking that maybe im underestimating how well Dick played in his prime. What would i need from Dick for a fair game when Dick was in his prime. Im just trying to get a feel for how he played

Skin

Verified Member
With everyone chiming in saying how great SJD was in his prime, it got me thinking that maybe im underestimating how well Dick played in his prime. What would i need from Dick for a fair game when Dick was in his prime. Im just trying to get a feel for how he played

Maybe you're underestimating your audience, too, if you get the drift.

Skin

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

what do you think you would have needed or been able to give ronnie allen in his prime??

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
It sounds like I needed about 10 to 6 from Ronnie. What do you think?

i answered this a few hours ago but the internet blocked it
maybe the pool gods were telling me to shut my mouth...:eek:
but here is my reply
since i dont know how you ...will play/did play/ could play
and
since i never saw any of the legends in their prime on a regular basis
im not qualified to answer your question

i posed my question because dick was a ball or so below ronnie according to what im led to beleive
so how you would play ronnie gives some barrometer to you vs dick
again there is always the style difference etc
i will put up for reference
the only video i know of of dick is the joyner vs dick accustats match

joyner is the young stud better shooter /cocky player like you
(maybe you want to say you were better than him at that time...:rolleyes:)
but dick who couldnt hit the broadside of a barn in that match ( sorry dick:eek:)
found a way to win...:)
just think if he could still make a few balls in a row????

onepockethacker

Verified Member
i answered this a few hours ago but the internet blocked it
maybe the pool gods were telling me to shut my mouth...:eek:
but here is my reply
since i dont know how you ...will play/did play/ could play
and
since i never saw any of the legends in their prime on a regular basis
im not qualified to answer your question

i posed my question because dick was a ball or so below ronnie according to what im led to beleive
so how you would play ronnie gives some barrometer to you vs dick
again there is always the style difference etc
i will put up for reference
the only video i know of of dick is the joyner vs dick accustats match

joyner is the young stud better shooter /cocky player like you
(maybe you want to say you were better than him at that time...:rolleyes:)
but dick who couldnt hit the broadside of a barn in that match ( sorry dick:eek:)
found a way to win...:)
just think if he could still make a few balls in a row????

I was hoping Billy I would answer this thread. Unfortunately your answer doesnt tell me much. 4 years ago Cliff gave a player in New Orleans 10 to 3 and lost 8 games. I gave the same guy 11 to 4 and the break and beat him 14 games. I was playing good then. By the way, im far from cocky. Everything i do in pool is calculated and for a reason so remember that in the future. You see the difference between myself and the guys piping in their opinion is that I know EXACTLY HOW I PLAY AND THEY DO NOT. They are guessing and i like that.

Last edited:

Islandeddie

Verified Member
What are the odds?

What are the odds?

Cliff gave 10 to 3 and lost 8 games. I gave the same guy 11 to 4 and the break and beat him 14 games.

I would maintain that 10-3 is a much better spot than 11-4. The ball runner can score a bunch, while the weak player struggles to get that extra ball.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I was hoping Billy I would answer this thread. Unfortunately your answer doesnt tell me much. 4 years ago Cliff gave a player in New Orleans 10 to 3 and lost 8 games. I gave the same guy 11 to 4 and the break and beat him 14 games. I was playing good then. By the way, im far from cocky. Everything i do in pool is calculated and for a reason so remember that in the future. You see the difference between myself and the guys piping in their opinion is that I know EXACTLY HOW I PLAY AND THEY DO NOT. They are guessing and i like that.

'Scuse me. Are you inferring that you are now, or have ever been as good as, or better than Cliff Joyner? I will borrow your line. LMFAO:lol
I will be in Tunica. We probably wont play, but we can try woofin'. You are very good at it on the internet, but in the real world and in front of a discerning live audience -- like good pool players -- you would have zero chance against me.

Beard

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Woofin for a game of woofin

Woofin for a game of woofin

'Scuse me. Are you inferring that you are now, or have ever been as good as, or better than Cliff Joyner? I will borrow your line. LMFAO:lol
I will be in Tunica. We probably wont play, but we can try woofin'. You are very good at it on the internet, but in the real world and in front of a discerning live audience -- like good pool players -- you would have zero chance against me.

Beard

Unique to say the least.

onepockethacker

Verified Member

Beard

First off my point( which went completely over your head as usual) was that one result means nothing. I figured you for at least a little more brains than some of these guys but i was wrong. As far as puffing your chest out thinking you can out talk me... well i already made you write a letter crying your ass off how i attacked you and i apologized because i hurt your feelers. If you choose to open your mouth to me in front of a live audience I will give you a dose that not only leave the audience stunned the only thing you would be able to sell is lemonade or newspapers. If you have noticed i have left you alone after you cried uncle before, I dont feel like having to issue anymore public apologies for hurting feelings so let it be.
P.S. I asked Billy a question he hasnt answered maybe you can. What odds on the money do you think Billy needs to play me even? 2 to 1? 3 to 1? 4 to 1? what do you think is fair playing an EVEN race to 8

sidepocketkid

Verified Member
First off my point( which went completely over your head as usual) was that one result means nothing. I figured you for at least a little more brains than some of these guys but i was wrong. As far as puffing your chest out thinking you can out talk me... well i already made you write a letter crying your ass off how i attacked you and i apologized because i hurt your feelers. If you choose to open your mouth to me in front of a live audience I will give you a dose that not only leave the audience stunned the only thing you would be able to sell is lemonade or newspapers. If you have noticed i have left you alone after you cried uncle before, I dont feel like having to issue anymore public apologies for hurting feelings so let it be.
P.S. I asked Billy a question he hasnt answered maybe you can. What odds on the money do you think Billy needs to play me even? 2 to 1? 3 to 1? 4 to 1? what do you think is fair playing an EVEN race to 8

goddam!!!!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

please dont shoot the messenger
if you cant win even what difference do the odds matter????:confused:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
what do you think you would have needed or been able to give ronnie allen in his prime??

I wish someone( preferably Billy) but Freddy will do because he has alot of experience gambling. Mine and Billys game is around 10 to 8, maybe 9 to 7 so what would fair money odds be in an even race to say 8