Rack 'em up with Norm 'Farmer' Webber

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I've just put an interview with Norm 'Farmer' Webber up on the OnePocket.org home page. The complete interview is here:
http://onepocket.org/NormWebberInterview.htm

Like I mention in the introduction, Norm is best known for his trick-shot exhibition (which is said to have helped inspire Mike Massey to get into trick shots), but Norm spent eight years plying the tables at Cochran's in San Francisco from 1955 to 1963 -- just as One Pocket was coming out of the shadows and into the public eye under the bright lights of the Johnston City tournaments.

Lunchmoney

Verified Member
From
Washington State
Great interview. I got a chance to meet and play with Norm back in 1975 up in Washington State. He autographed one of the posters sent out in advance and I still have it. He was on a long road trip and his wife was with him too. He put on a great show. I haven't heard much about him since then so the interview was a treat, thanks.

Lunchmoney

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I just added a photo provided by Grady, taken when Norm Webber made a guest appearance at one of the 'Battle of the Sexes' challenge matches between Grady and Allison Fisher. I'm guessing the event took place in Portland ME, which was Norm's old stomping grounds in the 40's...

(If you've already read the article, you might need to 'refresh' your screen to see the added pic)

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
Norm Webber's Interview

Norm Webber's Interview

Hi Steve,

Great Interview, I had the pleasure of watching one of Norm's trick shot shows back in the 70's in NH, he was quite a showman, a true professional and a real classy guy, brings back a lot of memories for me.

Congratulations on a fine job.

Smitty