Official OnePocket.org Sponsorship Nomination thread

John Brumback

Verified Member
I'll be sportin a Onepocket.org shirt or two.

I would like to cast my vote for the two geeks...:p Fast Lenny and Calired.
John B.

bozman445

Verified Member
I seem to recall that

I seem to recall that

There is another bank pool player on this forum. Since John Brumback is automatically in, have we all forgotten that the Beard is heading again to DCC to play in the bank category? He does a few things for onepocket.org also. Too many Chicago reps, him and the Ghost?

bozman

lfigueroa

Verified Member
There is another bank pool player on this forum. Since John Brumback is automatically in, have we all forgotten that the Beard is heading again to DCC to play in the bank category? He does a few things for onepocket.org also. Too many Chicago reps, him and the Ghost?

bozman

Could someone please clarify: does OnePocket.org get two free rolls -- 1pocket and banks, or just one?

Lou Figueroa

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Could someone please clarify: does OnePocket.org get two free rolls -- 1pocket and banks, or just one?

Lou Figueroa

NH Steve said:
I really think we should do something to sponsor Calired, whether he is "the player" or not. He does a ton for all of us here at OnePocket.org, and if he goes, you know he is going to treat it like a "working trip" by doing a ton of photos, video, etc. I think his main game might be Banks, rather than One Pocket. Greg Sullivan is giving us both a One Pocket and Banks entry spot, so maybe we can stretch some to support two players....

From post #17.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Lou Figueroa
Greg Sullivan has contributed one free roll for each of the two divisions we cover here, i.e. One Pocket and Banks. He is not contributing buy backs for either one -- but yes, one roll each at Banks and One Pocket.

Steve <-- not sure if by "two free rolls" Lou was referring to the two divisions (banks and one pocket) or two rolls meaning buy backs...

Are we sufficiently confused yet? :D

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Greg Sullivan has contributed one free roll for each of the two divisions we cover here, i.e. One Pocket and Banks. He is not contributing buy backs for either one -- but yes, one roll each at Banks and One Pocket.

Steve <-- not sure if by "two free rolls" Lou was referring to the two divisions (banks and one pocket) or two rolls meaning buy backs...

Are we sufficiently confused yet? :D

lol. I meant two entries, not buy-backs.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Is this a trick question?:confused::lol JB

Just poor wording on my part.

I guess when I look at the past year on the group, I like sending Ghost for the 1pocket and Cali for the banks. (Once again, no disrespect to other nominees.)

Could those guys chirp and say whether they would serve if elected?

Lou Figueroa

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I really appreciate all of you guys who have voted to send me to the Derby. I was really planning to go at least one more time (last year was my first ever)and was saving up to do that, but a recent surprise divorce and me having to find a place to live in a 7 day window left me in the hole and it was so bad, I even had to put my camcorder and camera in hock. that's the first thing I got to take care of, is getting that back in my possession.

Last year, some of you may remember, I had went there with a project in mind. That was, to take a bunch of video and pictures, do interviews and film anything I could. My plan was to edit all of that footage into a DVD that would try and showcase why this tournament was not one to be missed and to try and get people that have never gone there, to want to go there. I thought that if I could make something that might persuade more people to go there, I would be helping Greg Sullivan out and any other vendor there, by getting more people in the door.

I love the whole idea of this particular tournament, because of it's focus on action and that it is molded after the Johnston City tournament. Action and pool, is what I love about pool the most. So I don't want it to ever have to close it's doors. I wanted to try and do anything I could to help with that.

I also thought I could sell my DVD and maybe recoup the cost of my equipment I bought to do this project. Mainly the High Definition camera. Hehe. well that didn't work out so good.

Well, after getting back and starting to edit my footage, I couldn't help myself, I just started sharing all of it with everyone and putting it all up online for free. Which makes it difficult to create a DVD that people will buy if it's already online for free.:):( Hey.. what can I say. I like to share. I guess I think of how much enjoyment I get out of watching all of this stuff from the Derby, that I want others to have that opportunity to, also. I guess I wouldn't' make a very good salesman if I give away my product.:D

I still got a lot more footage to share with everyone from the last Derby. Some really good stuff!! As soon as I get the forums updated and working good, I'm going to focus on getting all of that out there for everyone to see.

If I am able to go this year, I have some exciting plans. I plan on capturing more of entire matches, instead of running around so much. I also wanted to go a day or so early and hang out with John Brumback at his house and maybe do some sort of documentary on John. (Psst.. he isn't aware of the documentary part, so don't tell him!)

So if you guys send me, I am going to come back with a ton of footage, all shot in HIGH DEFINITION BABY! So all of you that can't go, you are going to get to enjoy footage of the tournament for the next 12 months after I get back.

I also would be honored to shoot in the banks tournament. It would really mean a lot to me, to be able to tell others (brag) and for me on a personal level, to have played in a tournament of this magnitude. I have never played in any tournament other then some cheap bar tournament and the no. of those I got in, was probably on two hands..

Just the idea of you guys thinking of me and wanting to do that, means a lot to me. I really don't have any kind of life and never have, so pretty much any time I'm not working or sleeping, I am working on pool stuff. And I LOVE EVERY MINUTE I SPEND working on projects, watching pool, and most of all.. playing pool. So getting to be able to get back into pool again, has been a life saver to me. Having so much to do and loving doing it, is really is helping me get thru these very tough times personally.

So I thank all of you so very much, for perhaps giving me the possibility of a opportunity, that I may have the best 10 or so days that I have ever had in my life. I know some of you may say.. How fricking sad is this guys life"?:eek: Well, it doesn't really matter about all that.. what matters is, each person has something that gives them great satisfaction, pleasure, joy and a feeling of self worth.

Mine just so happens to be pool and what I can do to contribute to it.:)

Thanks again guys.. and sorry for the rambling. You all know I ramble all the time. that's just me. In person, I"m kinda quiet.

And I'm going to practice up, because damn it.. I want to START my own beat list!!!

SJDinPHX

Suspended
It's difficult to forget that which you never knew. Freddy's playing? Put him in the box:).

Dennis

Being as my California pal, has graciously ceded his nomination to Ghrosty, I, for one, have no problem with the Ghrost/CaliRed ticket...

But I still think it would be fun, to see Ghroat's and the Beard, play a race to 3,.."bank pool", victor getting the one pocket spot...Hopefully "streamed" live from an upcoming Red Shoe's tournament, for our viewing [sic] pleasure..:p

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Ok, you got me!

Ok, you got me!

I really appreciate all of you guys who have voted to send me to the Derby. I was really planning to go at least one more time (last year was my first ever)and was saving up to do that, but a recent surprise divorce and me having to find a place to live in a 7 day window left me in the hole and it was so bad, I even had to put my camcorder and camera in hock. that's the first thing I got to take care of, is getting that back in my possession.

Last year, some of you may remember, I had went there with a project in mind. That was, to take a bunch of video and pictures, do interviews and film anything I could. My plan was to edit all of that footage into a DVD that would try and showcase why this tournament was not one to be missed and to try and get people that have never gone there, to want to go there. I thought that if I could make something that might persuade more people to go there, I would be helping Greg Sullivan out and any other vendor there, by getting more people in the door.

I love the whole idea of this particular tournament, because of it's focus on action and that it is molded after the Johnston City tournament. Action and pool, is what I love about pool the most. So I don't want it to ever have to close it's doors. I wanted to try and do anything I could to help with that.

I also thought I could sell my DVD and maybe recoup the cost of my equipment I bought to do this project. Mainly the High Definition camera. Hehe. well that didn't work out so good.

Well, after getting back and starting to edit my footage, I couldn't help myself, I just started sharing all of it with everyone and putting it all up online for free. Which makes it difficult to create a DVD that people will buy if it's already online for free.:):( Hey.. what can I say. I like to share. I guess I think of how much enjoyment I get out of watching all of this stuff from the Derby, that I want others to have that opportunity to, also. I guess I wouldn't' make a very good salesman if I give away my product.:D

I still got a lot more footage to share with everyone from the last Derby. Some really good stuff!! As soon as I get the forums updated and working good, I'm going to focus on getting all of that out there for everyone to see.

If I am able to go this year, I have some exciting plans. I plan on capturing more of entire matches, instead of running around so much. I also wanted to go a day or so early and hang out with John Brumback at his house and maybe do some sort of documentary on John. (Psst.. he isn't aware of the documentary part, so don't tell him!)

So if you guys send me, I am going to come back with a ton of footage, all shot in HIGH DEFINITION BABY! So all of you that can't go, you are going to get to enjoy footage of the tournament for the next 12 months after I get back.

I also would be honored to shoot in the banks tournament. It would really mean a lot to me, to be able to tell others (brag) and for me on a personal level, to have played in a tournament of this magnitude. I have never played in any tournament other then some cheap bar tournament and the no. of those I got in, was probably on two hands..

Just the idea of you guys thinking of me and wanting to do that, means a lot to me. I really don't have any kind of life and never have, so pretty much any time I'm not working or sleeping, I am working on pool stuff. And I LOVE EVERY MINUTE I SPEND working on projects, watching pool, and most of all.. playing pool. So getting to be able to get back into pool again, has been a life saver to me. Having so much to do and loving doing it, is really is helping me get thru these very tough times personally.

So I thank all of you so very much, for perhaps giving me the possibility of a opportunity, that I may have the best 10 or so days that I have ever had in my life. I know some of you may say.. How fricking sad is this guys life"?:eek: Well, it doesn't really matter about all that.. what matters is, each person has something that gives them great satisfaction, pleasure, joy and a feeling of self worth.

Mine just so happens to be pool and what I can do to contribute to it.:)

Thanks again guys.. and sorry for the rambling. You all know I ramble all the time. that's just me. In person, I"m kinda quiet.

And I'm going to practice up, because damn it.. I want to START my own beat list!!!

How can I compete with that? Broke as I am, I hereby relinquish any bank entry votes I may receive to our pal CaliRed. Send his ass.

This year has been murderous, but I'll figure something out, I always do.
I certainly aint gonna miss it no matter what.

Beard

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Just poor wording on my part.

I guess when I look at the past year on the group, I like sending Ghost for the 1pocket and Cali for the banks. (Once again, no disrespect to other nominees.)

Could those guys chirp and say whether they would serve if elected?

Lou Figueroa

Yes, I could/would gratefully accept this time around if elected - and thanks to all of you guys for thinking of me.

- Ghost

PS, And I would like to give a special thanks and recognition to Dee/Deeman for his onepocket.org philanthropy - and to Don/DWS for being the guy who started the whole idea of sending/supporting a onepocket.org member/One Pocket player to a One Pocket Tournament to represent this site, when he first posted up this thread >>>

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5086

bernie p

Verified Member
It would be hard not to vote for Deeman, Ghost, John B., Lou F, or several others equally deserving for the one pocket sponsorship..It's quite certain John B. will be a shoo-in for the Banks division, (or maybe both)...Who better ??

I have it on good authority, that JRHendy, will be coming down to Phx. later this year, and I also think its quite possible he and Bernie will be quite near, if not at the top, by popular vote...JMHO..ICBW..;)

What better way, to have the 1P sponsorship, determined by a shoot-out, say a race to 5 or 7..I am sure they would be betting a few sheckels of their own, on the side, and I'm also sure Lenny would stream it... Their match at the U.S. Open in May, turned out to be a classic, 6 1/2 hour dog fight...Hill/hill, down to the last few balls...:cool

PS...Equally entertaining, would be a shoot-out between the Chicago contingent..Which would offer up a match between Beardman the Ghost, as they are the only long time contributors here. (to my knowledge)
Freddy has stated he doesn't play much any more, so I'm guessing that would make Ghosty, a prohibitive favorite, providing sufficient ass weights are in place on him...:D:D. (JK Ghosty)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0Gx8suAQs

SuperDuck <---Is not trying to stir up any excrement, but do you have Stricklands phone number Ghosty ???...:lol

Dick,

Just had a chance to catch up with this thread.

I appreciate the nomination.....but given the Ghosts' long history of shot selection contribution......not to mention his lively repartee :p......he gets my vote.

Go forth Ghost.....and do us proud!

Thanks.

Bernie.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
How can I compete with that? Broke as I am, I hereby relinquish any bank entry votes I may receive to our pal CaliRed. Send his ass.

This year has been murderous, but I'll figure something out, I always do.
I certainly aint gonna miss it no matter what.

Beard

well crap Freddy.. I wasn't trying to tell a sob story or a woe is me line. I have a bad habit of just speaking whatever is on my mind and don't run it thru the "how it might be taken or is it too much" filter. I wish I could do better at that because the last thing I want is anyone pitying me. It is what it is with me.

If someone helps me out in anyway, such as this sponsor thing, in the past I would have felt all guilty and shameful. But because of the the hundreds and hundreds of hours I've put into sharing and helping anyone and everyone I can in the pool community in the past 3 or 4 years, 95% of it all for free.. I wouldn't feel so shameful about it.
If someone does help me get there, I can't wait to record hours and hours of footage to share with everyone when I get back.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
NH Steve said:
I really think we should do something to sponsor Calired, whether he is "the player" or not. He does a ton for all of us here at OnePocket.org, and if he goes, you know he is going to treat it like a "working trip" by doing a ton of photos, video, etc. I think his main game might be Banks, rather than One Pocket. Greg Sullivan is giving us both a One Pocket and Banks entry spot, so maybe we can stretch some to support two players.

Yes I agree !
Rod.

I don't know if we're voting or who's qualified to vote or what's the sitution.
My opinion is also for "The Ghost" . He would be a good rep. He wouldn't antagonize or aggravate the opponents.
Rod.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest

I don't know if we're voting or who's qualified to vote or what's the sitution.
My opinion is also for "The Ghost" . He would be a good rep. He wouldn't antagonize or aggravate the opponents.
Rod.

I'm surprised the Duck hasn't came along and expressed his concern that the opponents might have a eye put out if they're too close:D