John henderson wins ssss

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
The California tsunami has hit Houston. Now who wants to buy a horse. Well seasoned and housebroken.
Good job John now let's get the hell out of here

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Congratulations John!!! And many thanks to Bogies, Scrzbill for the stream, Jeff Sparks for appearing to spearhead this event, and all the players that made the trip to compete and make for an entertaining weekend of One Pocket for the rest of us!!!!!!

Next year I want to go -- but I will still be 5 years to young to play, lol. I can still go and take pics though!!!

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Splendid one pocket, John. I watched the finals as well as your match with Dr. Bill. Very enjoyable...

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Congratulations John!!! And many thanks to Bogies, Scrzbill for the stream, Jeff Sparks for appearing to spearhead this event, and all the players that made the trip to compete and make for an entertaining weekend of One Pocket for the rest of us!!!!!!

Next year I want to go -- but I will still be 5 years to young to play, lol. I can still go and take pics though!!!

Heres an idea for next year. Two divisions. Seniors & Super Seniors.
Seniors are anyone 65 to 69 years old in that calendar year.
Super Seniors are of course 70 plus in that calendar year.
Each division will have $2000.00 added for a full field of 16 players.
Each division will have it's own champion crowned.
At the end the two champions will square off against each other and play a race to 4 for an additional prize of $1000.00...... And bragging rights.... Whatta ya think????

If this sounds doable to you guys, I will go to work on David Richardson & John Rizzo and try to get it handled. I'm not sure about the tables needed to handle 32 + players, but if it takes more than 9, I'm pretty sure I can convince them to bring them in, I know there is plenty of room to accommodate more 9 footers, it's just a question of money and manpower.

I gotta tell youse guys that played this year, you're one hell of a bunch of nice guys!!! To a man, everyone of you was a gentleman and fun to be around.

I cannot remember being this excited and nervous since I got married 44 years ago!!! I not only enjoyed the competition, I liked the whole experience of meeting new people and putting faces on the guys I've been visiting with here on OP.O....

Thank you, all of you who came to watch and all who came to compete.

I can't wait until next year!!!

Congratulations to the reigning and first ever Champion, our very own.... Big John Henderson

TallJeff

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Jeff, that sounds like a great plan. Thanks for all your work in making the tournament a very epic event. Sign me up for next year as one of the Super Seniors. I echo your call that everyone was great to meet!---Smitty