One-Pocket Travelers in Memphis

ccarter

From
jackson, tn
memphis in august

memphis in august

thanks for the invitation, i am hopeful that i can get over and meet some of you. its only an hour or so away from Jackson, and i would love to invite each of you to make the short trip over and meet Blackeee. he owns a nice poolroom here in Jackson and would love your company. Hope to see you in Memphis..

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
ccarter said:
thanks for the invitation, i am hopeful that i can get over and meet some of you. its only an hour or so away from Jackson, and i would love to invite each of you to make the short trip over and meet Blackeee. he owns a nice poolroom here in Jackson and would love your company. Hope to see you in Memphis..
If Blackee is unable to make the trip, we might be able to run up to Jackson for a few hours if our families allow us to get away.

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
newfosgatesucks said:
Well, I found a good steak house down there after a winning trip, and I found Krystal's more Times than I can count!!!!

99 percent sure I will be there.
We are 99 percent sure that we can not wait to meet you there.

Deeman

Verified Member
DeeWoman asked me why I go if the last time I played one pocket was when we were in New Orleans? I told her, after you killing me last trip, that I was just there to be your Official ball Racker and Unofficial Tour Guide.

Chopstick says the place (Highpockets) is not what it used to be and that we had better be careful. I will tell him that we are not what we used to be but can shoot our pistols as well as ever. Careful is for sex, not pool!

Question? When in Memphis, do you have to hold your gun sideways "Gangsta Style" to be allowed to defend yourself? :)

DeeMan
Practicing my Elvis voice in the shower each day! "Whole lot of shakin going on!"

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Deeman, ighpocketsis not as rnowned for the action it had, or the frequent popping in of pros as it was in the early 90's. The Rackpersists in action, but it isa bunch of nit-nutted lock artists, tryin to get a spot. If you brak even, PLAYING even, you will Have to give up weigt to get toply Whitelow, Johnny, Bankin Billy, etc. The only people there tat will pla a fairly matched game isthe weake players, guess they've been 'trained' well. But I have no interest in traveling to play weaker players.

Highpockets, you can get friendly action or hard action, there are several decent, good, and stout players. Vita and crew show up from time to time. The integrity of those who frequent Highpockets is no question higher than the usual "U gotta beat a bad game to beat me" crowd of the Rack.

As far as violence, crime,etc, I have NEVER had a bad experience at High pockets. And went 2-3 times a month from fall 2007 until fall 2009.

Some guy that works there is a little "woofy" and woofed for a game. I said no, and thats the worst Ive had there. Nothing bad at all, just another pool room.

Deeman said:
DeeWoman asked me why I go if the last time I played one pocket was when we were in New Orleans? I told her, after you killing me last trip, that I was just there to be your Official ball Racker and Unofficial Tour Guide.

Chopstick says the place (Highpockets) is not what it used to be and that we had better be careful. I will tell him that we are not what we used to be but can shoot our pistols as well as ever. Careful is for sex, not pool!

Question? When in Memphis, do you have to hold your gun sideways "Gangsta Style" to be allowed to defend yourself? :)

DeeMan
Practicing my Elvis voice in the shower each day! "Whole lot of shakin going on!"

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Deeman said:
Now Dee, you know damn well that "Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On" was sung by THE KILLER-- my man Jerry Lee Lewis! If that music don't get a guy goin', then nuttin' will...:D Have fun in Memphis.

Doc

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
gulfportdoc said:
Now Dee, you know damn well that "Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On" was sung by THE KILLER-- my man Jerry Lee Lewis! If that music don't get a guy goin', then nuttin' will...:D Have fun in Memphis.

Doc
I don't think he was singing the song, I believe it is more like a description of what was happening in his shower.

Deeman

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:

Doc

Doc,

Ace has me pegged on that one. However, if you are a fan of Jerry Lee, this might interest you. He lived two doors from me all the time I was growing up in Memphis (actually Coro/Robco Lake in South Memphis). I had my number of good times being so close to him and his family back then. He was a semi-regular at Funland, not a shooter but would back us kids on occasion. Of course, that was a few blocks form his good friend, Elvis's home! Just kidding, he was not an Elvis fan himself and a couple of times Vernon had to talk him out of his pistol in from of Graceland. I am not kidding.

He was ancent when I was a kid, in his 40's!!!! :) However, if I had lived like he did and I would be long dead by now. I have the pride of sinking his pontoon boat (me and his nephew, Junior) into the very bottom of the lake and he never said a word about it. He had a car lot worth of cars and motorcycles so you know where us kids always gathered! Nice man, spoiled everyone around him and was always decent to me even when I did not deserve it. He could sing even if his music was not my generation's favorite. Gave me my very first beer! :)

He always had troubles, like taxes, but seemed to absolutely not care about money.

DeeMan

ccarter

From
jackson, tn
hope to see you in memphis

hope to see you in memphis

is the meeting still on for Memphis, on
Aug. 6-7- 8? i am trying to make plans to be there if it is still on
get back with me

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
ccarter said:
is the meeting still on for Memphis, on
Aug. 6-7- 8? i am trying to make plans to be there if it is still on
get back with me
Yes, We will be there some time Friday evening. You can call me if you can't spot us. (903)445-0278

ccarter

From
jackson, tn
hi

hi

thanks for the response...... i will try my best to make it..... hope to see you there...... not sure if i will make the friday session or not but i will be there saturday ......cc

ccarter

From
jackson, tn
memphis in august

memphis in august

hi..... i havent been to High Pockets in several years.... i am looking forward to meeting some of you players... i am told that when you go to other bars and "rooms", if you dont have a gun they will give you one......lol....
anyway, HP isn't that way.... neither is the "Rack" in J town....and ya'll are invited..... see you im Mempho saturday evening....cc

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
ccarter said:
hi..... i havent been to High Pockets in several years.... i am looking forward to meeting some of you players... i am told that when you go to other bars and "rooms", if you dont have a gun they will give you one......lol....
anyway, HP isn't that way.... neither is the "Rack" in J town....and ya'll are invited..... see you im Mempho saturday evening....cc

Looking forward to meeting you ccarter, just look for the guys that don't belong............PS...I always bring a gun!

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
I'll be seeing you Saturday. After-noonish, 3 maybe?

ace said:
Looking forward to meeting you ccarter, just look for the guys that don't belong............PS...I always bring a gun!