Freezer's After Hours

Mel Simpson

From
Sacramento, CA
Is anyone else watching the POV stream this AM? It looks like Alex is giving a local guy, Tommy, 14-4 for $3k/game.
It looked like Tommy was up 7 games, but for some reason they moved the coin back to 3 when they were at 6. Now the coin is at 4. Not sure what they negotiated.
Alex is getting tortured...
BTW - I could be wrong about the game & stakes. My take is from reading the chat room comments.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I was not watching but it was probably Tommy Di Lorenzo, an old friend who used to have a pool room there. If it was Tommy, he played around my speed back in the day and I know he started playing again. Tommy is not afraid of betting.

So now we know how we have to play the champions. I lost 10/5 to Scott Frost some years back, so 11/4 might be the winning combination.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I have always said I would play anyone 15/5 and I now am pretty sure Dennis or Tony or Alex may even give it up and be the favorite after seeing how well they run the balls sometimes lol...

But I am stubborn, because i would have to try 15/5 from anyone, at least for a little bit. :)

Biggest spots I have gotten thus far in my one hole career has been:

9/4 one time and 10/5 one time.

I guess their number doesn't mater so much since they can run forever but our number probably needs to be 4 or 5 hehe.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
I have always said I would play anyone 15/5 and I now am pretty sure Dennis or Tony or Alex may even give it up and be the favorite after seeing how well they run the balls sometimes lol...

But I am stubborn, because i would have to try 15/5 from anyone, at least for a little bit. :)

Biggest spots I have gotten thus far in my one hole career has been:

9/4 one time and 10/5 one time.

I guess their number doesn't mater so much since they can run forever but our number probably needs to be 4 or 5 hehe.

I play them all around 12-5 and they are slight favorites among the top 5. Any lower and I'll win.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Freezer's After Hours

Apparently he's well known, per the chat room. Where have you seen him?

I’ve seen him at the derby in the action room and remember seeing him recently at the Billiards Expo outside of Philly (also in the action room lol)

Sounds like he won 24k in the end. Last game was down to three balls with Tom needing one and Alex needing all three. They boxed for a full 30 minutes and then Tom took the wrong shot (sell out bank) and hit it terribly. Just like that a 12k swing and Alex was out.

Mel Simpson

From
Sacramento, CA
Freezer's

Freezer's

Apparently his last name is Medina. Supposedly a poker player who bets it up.
Up until the end there, he was moving really well...

baby huey

Verified Member
If it's Medina then the bet would make sense. Medina stakes Oscar quite a bit and I've seen him at DCC and he has deep pockets. I didn't think the player was Tommy Delorenzo as Tommy never bet that kind of money..

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I was not watching but it was probably Tommy Di Lorenzo, an old friend who used to have a pool room there. If it was Tommy, he played around my speed back in the day and I know he started playing again. Tommy is not afraid of betting.

So now we know how we have to play the champions. I lost 10/5 to Scott Frost some years back, so 11/4 might be the winning combination.

So it was not my old friend Tommy. Too bad, I could have put the bite on him.:D:lol

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Most people are delusional about weight needed from a pro, especially one of the top 10.
I wish I had a dollar for every guy that said he would play Scott Frost with the spot he gave Dippy Dave.
90% of them couldn't beat Dippy even.
I tried to get them to post up 10 k ,each and I would see if Scott was interested.
They all liked 5 dollars a game better.
But they were sure they would crush him.
Unless you have played a great player , you have no idea what you need.
I have a friend, that has played more champions than most people and he was never in anywhere near a fair game.
If a good player like Hendry with a lifetime of knowledge,needs 12 5,where does that put the little above average lunkhead?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Most people are delusional about weight needed from a pro, especially one of the top 10.
I wish I had a dollar for every guy that said he would play Scott Frost with the spot he gave Dippy Dave.
90% of them couldn't beat Dippy even.
I tried to get them to post up 10 k ,each and I would see if Scott was interested.
They all liked 5 dollars a game better.
But they were sure they would crush him.
Unless you have played a great player , you have no idea what you need.
I have a friend, that has played more champions than most people and he was never in anywhere near a fair game.
If a good player like Hendry with a lifetime of knowledge,needs 12 5,where does that put the little above average lunkhead?
billy
you are so right...:)
members should tattoo your post on their forearm where they can read it every day....:D
my experience
when i was a college kid
very much naive to real pool
i played new york blackie 10-4
i thought i had the nuts
I WAS VERY WRONG.....:eek::eek::eek:
every time i missed he ran alot of balls
and every time it was my time to shoot i was stuck behind a ball or frozen to the rail...:frus:frus
if you younger guys never heard of him
here is an interview of him by steve booth
http://www.onepocket.org/rackem-up-with-al-ny-blackie-bonife/

beatle

Verified Member
thats why very good players hardly ever lose when spotting a weaker one. the weak player doesnt understand the weight of a spot and the good player doesnt either and wont play giving up enough to make it even close.

yet good players will go off to a better player playing even for some reason.

poolandpokerman

Verified Member
Tommy Medina

Tommy Medina

Tommy is from Michigan, plays all around the state and backs more then he plays. He looked like he was playing pretty good against Alex, except for that last shot he took in the last game. I did not think he could win at that game, shows what I know about matching up.