Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Still waiting...

Still waiting...

Cowboy Dennis said:
Bill,

Did you read post #96?

...for Henderson to explain. As far as the bet against Lobster Man (He's a real steamer), I will bet, but I have never made a five month ahead bet in my life. We can talk again just before kickoff.

Beard

Attachments

• Steaming_Lobster_Over_a_Bed_Lemons_and_Lettuce_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_081023-135913-093009.jpg
    Steaming_Lobster_Over_a_Bed_Lemons_and_Lettuce_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_081023-135913-093009.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 0

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
...for Henderson to explain. As far as the bet against Lobster Man (He's a real steamer), I will bet, but I have never made a five month ahead bet in my life. We can talk again just before kickoff.

Beard
Good enough Freddy.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
I just re-re-read Johns post and maybe this is more what he means. Maybe not.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWTP4BAsY3CTBP3DQHP3ENNQ4FVmL4GSsK4HQPL1IYaM3JGcO4KNNL4LDJO3MKLP4NAPN3ODJN4PWCB3QcQp4VAsY3VajJ4VYMp4kWCB4kDVQ2kaaf2kDQi1kYCq@[/CUETABLE]
Dennis, below is exactly what John quoted. This to me means he's playing the 2 ball to make it, if so his shot is not possible unless he banks the 2 ball short of the pocket. And if he does that he really is giving the incoming player free options to possibly win the game. I don't think i'm missing something here, am I?

From the angle on the WEI you could almost make it one rail and hide the cue ball behind the 9 uptable.

I would take a prop bet (small) and shoot this shot against the two railer.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
wincardona said:
Dennis, below is exactly what John quoted. This to me means he's playing the 2 ball to make it, if so his shot is not possible unless he banks the 2 ball short of the pocket. And if he does that he really is giving the incoming player free options to possibly win the game. I don't think i'm missing something here, am I?

From the angle on the WEI you could almost make it one rail and hide the cue ball behind the 9 uptable.

I would take a prop bet (small) and shoot this shot against the two railer.

I am banking the two with low extreme right hand draw and spinning one rail off the end rail to get back to the long rail behind the nine.

It is a low percentage shot but I still like it better than the two railer. You can hit it fairly bad and not give up much.

I will bet $50 against the two railer. For more $$ I'm playing safe.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Most offensive shots posted here are very low percentage and some are not even workable. I believe the two railer with positioning the cue ball behind the nine is the only decent option here but very easily could be hit bad. The other shots only look good on the wei table. The balls don't move like that in real life.

You might want to experiment with them with a five or ten dollar game but anything else calls for defense. I would prefer taking the two ball to the location of the nine and position the cue ball on the long rail by his pocket.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Frank Almanza said:
Most offensive shots posted here are very low percentage and some are not even workable. I believe the two railer with positioning the cue ball behind the nine is the only decent option here but very easily could be hit bad. The other shots only look good on the wei table. The balls don't move like that in real life.

You might want to experiment with them with a five or ten dollar game but anything else calls for defense. I would prefer taking the two ball to the location of the nine and position the cue ball on the long rail by his pocket.

Frank, So would I and everyone else that was gambling. ;) and not shooting prop shots.
Rod.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I played around with the 2 railer over the last couple days and its my opinion that the shot is fairly difficult to execute well, but it is playable. BUT, it has to lie right. If the cue ball is in line with the pocket and the spot (where the object ball is) you CAN get the neccessary turn on the rock to execute it consistantly but once the cue ball moves any further away from the end rail it gets really dicy trying to juice past the side pocket. (If the two railed object ball goes towards your hole)

So Dennis I agree that you can play the shot but it takes good judgement to decide whether it lies right or not.

Dud

Deeman

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
I am banking the two with low extreme right hand draw and spinning one rail off the end rail to get back to the long rail behind the nine.

It is a low percentage shot but I still like it better than the two railer. You can hit it fairly bad and not give up much.

I will bet $50 against the two railer. For more $$ I'm playing safe.

I like it because, as you say, it is easier than the two railer and the downside is almost zero.

It is much easier to go for the heroic shots when it is for fun or not your money, IMO. Good choice.

DeeMan

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Deeman said:
It is much easier to go for the heroic shots when it is for fun or not your money, IMO.

DeeMan

DeeMan,

Anytime that I espouse a shot on this site it means that I have shot it for serious cash and my own cash in tough games against good players. This is not a "heroic shot" or a "trick shot" except for people that can't make it and don't bet high on their own cash. Stick to funsies shots and you'll be O.K..

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
My feelings...

My feelings...

Cowboy Dennis said:
DeeMan,

Anytime that I espouse a shot on this site it means that I have shot it for serious cash and my own cash in tough games against good players. This is not a "heroic shot" or a "trick shot" except for people that can't make it and don't bet high on their own cash. Stick to funsies shots and you'll be O.K..

Dennis

...exactly. (Except for the, "stick to funsies," part)

Beard