One Pocket.org Match-Up Part 2

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ok Dick, the Christmas spirit has taken over me, I've drunk too much of the heavily spiked eggnog, and so I have a new, extremely generous offer for you and John....

Me and Freddy will play you and John even-up partners banks.....Seriously now, Freddy plays about 3 balls under what he used to, and me, I've probably played about two games of banks in my life - John H. will no doubt be the best player in the game - but for fun and posterity we've got to get Freddy in the partners game, and he won't play One Pocket, cuz he can't make a ball anymore.....I'm willing to throw my money away just for the fun of this game......Now whaddaya guys say ?......:)

- The Ghost of One Pocket Past

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
Ok Dick, the Christmas spirit has taken over me, I've drunk too much of the heavily spiked eggnog, and so I have a new, extremely generous offer for you and John....

Me and Freddy will play you and John even-up partners banks.....Seriously now, Freddy plays about 3 balls under what he used to, and me, I've probably played about two games of banks in my life - John H. will no doubt be the best player in the game - but for fun and posterity we've got to get Freddy in the partners game, and he won't play One Pocket, cuz he can't make a ball anymore.....I'm willing to throw my money away just for the fun of this game......Now whaddaya say ?......:)

- The Ghost of One Pocket Past

It is ok with me if the senior member of our team goes for it, but you guys being from Chicago & all, the banking capital of the world, will have to consent to a set of 9 ball too. Since we are both older than both of you, this is just another sign of our benevolence and desire to send you home with more West Coast $$.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
"Banks" isn't that where you get monry from ?

"Banks" isn't that where you get monry from ?

jrhendy said:
It is ok with me if the senior member of our team goes for it, but you guys being from Chicago & all, the banking capital of the world, will have to consent to a set of 9 ball too. Since we are both older than both of you, this is just another sign of our benevolence and desire to send you home with more West Coast $$.

As the great high rolling gambler (sic) Mosconi once said, "Banking is for people who get out of shape a lot." I would not get up out of the electric chair to play Bank Pool. I may be talked into some Back Pocket 9 ball, or even a stupid game of golf or stymie. Those are all fairly neutral games. :eek:

Dick <----- Will play almost anything (but banks) with anybody from Chicago.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
stevelomako said:
Pssss....I think you might like it (I'll take a piece but don't tell nobody).

Steve,

I know they really are really very average competition, but they could get lucky at banks! (you can't DOG a bank)

Normal Game Dick

Last edited:

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
This is directed to the decision maker here. Is it at all possible to stream this challenge table at the DCC? Some of us will be unable to attend this prestigious event but would be thrilled to death to watch some excellent one pocket from our homes. We'd even settle for The Ghost playing SDDick for that matter. If Lenny could get involved I know he could make it possible.
Just a suggestion if no one else came up with it yet.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Well, Dennis is always dredging up old threads, so I though I'd look around in the archives a little - and look at this thread that I found...:)...

I forgot that this partner game woofing was going on two years ago....three guys agreed to play, and no surprise :rolleyes: the fourth individual was ascairt to play, and said no! (what color are ducks again? - oh yeah, that's right - they're yellow) :D :p

- Gost

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
Well, Dennis is always dredging up old threads, so I though I'd look around in the archives a little - and look at this thread that I found...:)...

I forgot that this partner game woofing was going on two years ago....three guys agreed to play, and no surprise :rolleyes: the fourth individual was ascairt to play, and said no! (what color are ducks again? - oh yeah, that's right - they're yellow) :D :p

- Gost

If singles banks isn't bad enough, partners would be worse than a root canal.

I tried to trap myself and offered to play Freddy some short rack even, but he declined.

You are the only Chicago guy I have a game with and I had to give up the nuts (well, maybe not) and let you take a better player as a partner.

Good thing I have been stalling with you the past couple years or I could be in trouble:eek:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
Good thing I have been stalling with you the past couple years or I could be in trouble :eek:

This is the second or third time that you have said you were stalling with me when we played in the past...ok, that being the case, I would like to play you one on one at the DCC with a fair game...

Ok then...

#1. You play better than me, as you admitted.

#2. You play for regularly for serious $$$ and you're conditioned to that, while I'm just a $30-$40 a game player, and will play under my speed for more money (you've stated that about me as a fact also, in past posts).

#3. You've recently said/posted that you're playing better now, than you've played in the last few years.

Given those three facts, you have a huge advantage over me playing for a good sized bet.

All of that said, then...lets make a fair game...

You spot me the breaks, and I will play you a race, for $500 - or for $1,000 if I win against Papie, and also win the partners game.

Whaddaya say, 'stallin' John'...:)

- Ghosty

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Hard to believe, ain't it John John... ?

Hard to believe, ain't it John John... ?

One Pocket Ghost said:
You spot me the breaks, and I will play you a race, for $500 - or for $1,000 if I win against Papie, and also win the partners game....Whaddaya say, 'stallin' John'...?

- Ghosty

I thought the Henderson "parley system" was somewhat optimistic...But, I'm not sure, but what the Grosst is trying to do here, might not be downright illegal...:eek:

Is this 'Bensinger Alumni' talk for gambling ???...I fully expect you to say next.."I'll play...IF, I hit the lottery"...sheeeeeesh!!!! c'mon !

"Yellow" Duck <---is better than being a "Yellow" Goast...(the Duck now believes Sunnyone or Clare,... would easily out-gamble Jasper)...:cool: :cool: :p

PS..You have 48 hrs. to compose a sensible reply...other than "quack, quack"...:eek:

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
I thought the Henderson "parley system" was somewhat optimistic...I'm not sure, but what the Grosst is trying to do here, might not be downright illegal...

Is this 'Bensinger Alumni' talk for gambling ???

Yellow Duck ...:cool: :p

Please let me apologize for being a poor working stiff gambler..:(...

Yes, $1,000 if I win the other matches...because if I lost the other matches, I wouldn't have another $1,000 left to bet - savvy that?...:)

XO, Ghosty

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Please let me apologize for being a poor working stiff gambler..:(...

Yes, $1,000 if I win the other matches...because if I lost the other matches, I wouldn't have another $1,000 left to bet - savvy that?...

XO, Ghosty

Now you are making me feel bad !...I was led to believe, you had the financial support of the entire city of Chicago behind you ? As in this post >>>....http://onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=58257&postcount=32K,

However, in the spirit of Christmas, I will let you out of our bet. You don't even have to surrender the forfeit $$$...(well, I may have to charge a nominal $100 "re-stocking" fee)...:p

I like you too much, to have the desire to destroy you financially...So you at least broke almost even at our game...Carry on with your other "negotiations"..:cool: :cool:

OXOX...Yellow Duck

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
However, in the spirit of Christmas, I will let you out of our bet. You don't even have to surrender the forfeit $$$...(well, I may have to charge a nominal $100 "re-stocking" fee)...:p

OXOX...Yellow Duck

That's very nice of you to offer..:rolleyes:...but no thanks...

I wouldn't dream of canceling the interesting, fun, 'historic-in-the-annals-of-OnePocket.org' matchup of ours, taking place at the world famous DCC...:)

XO, Ghosty

Last edited:

SJDinPHX said:
I thought the Henderson "parley system" was somewhat optimistic...But, I'm not sure, but what the Grosst is trying to do here, might not be downright illegal...Is this 'Bensinger Alumni' talk for gambling ???...I fully expect you to say next.."I'll play...IF, I hit the lottery"...sheeeeeesh!!!! c'mon !

"Yellow" Duck <---is better than being a "Yellow" Goast...(the Duck now believes Sunnyone or Clare,... would easily out-gamble Jasper)...:cool: :cool: :p

PS..You have 48 hrs. to compose a sensible reply...other than "quack, quack"...:eek:

You got that right, my Ducky.:)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
This is the second or third time that you have said you were stalling with me when we played in the past...ok, that being the case, I would like to play you one on one at the DCC with a fair game...

Ok then...

#1. You play better than me, as you admitted.

#2. You play for regularly for serious $$$ and you're conditioned to that, while I'm just a $30-$40 a game player, and will play under my speed for more money (you've stated that about me as a fact also, in past posts).

#3. You've recently said/posted that you're playing better now, than you've played in the last few years.

Given those three facts, you have a huge advantage over me playing for a good sized bet.

All of that said, then...lets make a fair game...

You spot me the breaks, and I will play you a race, for $500 - or for $1,000 if I win against Papie, and also win the partners game.

Whaddaya say, 'stallin' John'...:)

- Ghosty

Whatever you blow playing even (not the partner game) you can bet getting the break. You could be stalling too.

AND this old guy, soon to be 72 and rapidly losing his senses, will play you 9 ball or will play you and Bernie partners 9 ball, me being my own partner, and give you the last two. I must really be losing it to offer up this, but we can play for a smaller amount or the same as our one pocket match just to give you some options.

Deadon

jrhendy said:
Whatever you blow playing even (not the partner game) you can bet getting the break. You could be stalling too.

AND this old guy, soon to be 72 and rapidly losing his senses, will play you 9 ball or will play you and Bernie partners 9 ball, me being my own partner, and give you the last two. I must really be losing it to offer up this, but we can play for a smaller amount or the same as our one pocket match just to give you some options.

John, well I guess you have really lost it. Really liked you before you lost your mind. We are gonna have to get you a keeper now.

Mike

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:

I'll give you a counter-offer, and flip-flop it...I'll play with the breaks first, and if I win, I'll bet it back playing even.

No thanks, I don't play 9ball - I hate the game.

.....Ghosty

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Deadon said:
John, well I guess you have really lost it. Really liked you before you lost your mind. We are gonna have to get you a keeper now.

Mike
Yes, Mike, John is getting the gambling fever, with that far off look in his eye...:D

JOHN, don't do anything until I get to Harrah's on Friday night! You need someone rational to talk some sense into you. And stay away from those craps tables!:eek:

Doc