Cornbread vs. Bugs 1991 Legends of One Pocket

timdog24

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
This is game 2, Bugs is up 1 game & 4-1 in this game. It's Red's shot to the lower right-hand pocket. What would you do?

View attachment 1294

2 rail that ball near the spot to my side and bringing the cue ball behind the balls at the bottom rail.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i'd hit the stripe by the spot to around the first diamond past the side pocket to send it towards my side and have the q come off the long raiil to stick on the 2 balls on the short rail

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'd shoot the 6 ball. The shot is a two railer for me, but one rail is probably ok also.:) If you don't get the 6 ball close, he'll probably be able to shoot the stripe near the spot and get behind the balls near your pocket.:(
Rod.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i think this is close to the layout
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ASpM4BQoM4CUoM3DKbd4EBtT1FDmp3GUwL4HIwK4IMwK4JKjT3KBYx1LNvc4MJcx1NWNa3OHpK4POxo4QdOx@3ARve3BMwL3CEoL3DFAp3EOuE3FHaL3GUwL3HFyh3IPqL4JCHt3KKLL3LGhA3MAdJ3NScL3OaaM4PPnO4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
This is game 2, Bugs is up 1 game & 4-1 in this game. It's Red's shot to the lower right-hand pocket. What would you do?

View attachment 1294
Looks like he has 3 good shots, Timdog24's shot on the 11 ball, Rods bank on the 6 ball, and I wouldn't rule out a soft kick into the 4 ball.

I like keeping Bugs behind the balls on the foot rail, the 11 ball is more effective if you can get good action with the 11 ball. But you must controll whitey.

Billy I.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
wincardona said:
Looks like he has 3 good shots, Timdog24's shot on the 11 ball, Rods bank on the 6 ball, and I wouldn't rule out a soft kick into the 4 ball.

I like keeping Bugs behind the balls on the foot rail, the 11 ball is more effective if you can get good action with the 11 ball. But you must controll whitey.

Billy I.

Billy, you slept one shot, and it's the shot I would shoot...(regardless, by the way, of how good Red hit the 2-railer :))...

I agree that behind the foot rail balls (4 & 15) is absolutely where you want to get the cueball, and you should take no chance of not getting the tight snooker - that said...

...rather then shooting the 2-railer to get there - because you could lose the cueball and not get the snooker - and because the angle on the 2-railer is not optimum for controlling whitey - and because you already have enough well postioned balls on your side/by your pocket...

...and, rather then the soft kick on the 4 ball...

...I would come off of the left side of the 11 ball to the side rail, and then have the cueball come to rest snookered against the 4 ball...the 2 reasons that this shot is better then your shot of kicking the 4 ball, is because you can get a tighter/closer snooker on the 4 this way, by not having to strike the 4 ball - and, with my shot, you also are removing the 11 ball - his only makeable ball into his pocket.

- Ghost

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
...I would come off of the left side of the 11 ball to the side rail, and then have the cueball come to rest snookered against the 4 ball, you also are removing the 11 ball - his only makeable ball into his pocket.

- Ghost
Ghosty, Ghosty, Ghosty,

You do realize, don't you, that this is exactly what Red did:confused: . How is your suggestion any different?

I think I must be in another rabbit-hole, what with lll's mis-understanding of something that did not happen in another thread and now this.

Dennis

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
Ghosty, Ghosty, Ghosty,

You do realize, don't you, that this is exactly what Red did:confused: . How is your suggestion any different?

I think I must be in another rabbit-hole, what with lll's mis-understanding of something that did not happen in another thread and now this.

Dennis

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis,

You don't realize do you, :rolleyes: :) that my shot, as I said, is opposed, to shooting the 2-railer that Red shot...

...my shot is not the 2-railer - my shot is to spin softly off of the left side of the 11ball - with the 11ball going up-table, and ending up around the area of the top right corner pocket (the pocket diagonal to Red's pocket).

- Ghosty

timdog24

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Billy, you slept one shot, and it's the shot I would shoot...(regardless, by the way, of how good Red hit the 2-railer :))...

I agree that behind the foot rail balls (4 & 15) is absolutely where you want to get the cueball, and you should take no chance of not getting the tight snooker - that said...

...rather then shooting the 2-railer to get there - because you could lose the cueball and not get the snooker - and because the angle on the 2-railer is not optimum for controlling whitey - and because you already have enough well postioned balls on your side/by your pocket...

...and, rather then the soft kick on the 4 ball...

...I would come off of the left side of the 11 ball to the side rail, and then have the cueball come to rest snookered against the 4 ball...the 2 reasons that this shot is better then your shot of kicking the 4 ball, is because you can get a tighter/closer snooker on the 4 this way, by not having to strike the 4 ball - and, with my shot, you also are removing the 11 ball - his only makeable ball into his pocket.

- Ghost

I like that shot too Ghost. Getting the cue ball snuggled to the 4 and 15 is ideal and should be the goal. That said, the 2 railer to my side (not to make)seems to be laying pretty good to go behind the 4,15 after coming off the side rail like you explained.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
Dennis, Dennis, Dennis,

You don't realize do you, :rolleyes: :) that my shot, as I said, is opposed, to shooting the 2-railer that Red shot...

...my shot is not the 2-railer - my shot is to spin softly off of the left side of the 11ball - with the 11ball going up-table, and ending up around the area of the top right corner pocket (the pocket diagonal to Red's pocket).

- Ghosty
Ghosty, Ghosty, Ghosty,

I'm sorry, I didn't see the term "opposed to" in your post:) . In all seriousness, the cueball went gently behind the 4 ball and barely bumped it an inch or so. I say "why not two-rail the 11 at the same time?" But that is also my favorite bank and the one that I hit the best so I'm partial to it:cool: . Besides that, don't you think it would be kind of difficult to spin the cueball behind those balls softly as far as the 11 is uptable from the cueball? It would require some draw and some stroke. While you're doing that you may as well just bank the damn 11 ball too.

Dennis

timdog24

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Ghosty, Ghosty, Ghosty,

I'm sorry, I didn't see the term "opposed to" in your post:) . In all seriousness, the cueball went gently behind the 4 ball and barely bumped it an inch or so. I say "why not two-rail the 11 at the same time?" But that is also my favorite bank and the one that I hit the best so I'm partial to it:cool: . Besides that, don't you think it would be kind of difficult to spin the cueball behind those balls softly as far as the 11 is uptable from the cueball? It would require some draw and some stroke. While you're doing that you may as well just bank the damn 11 ball too.

Dennis

I thought the 11 was a little high to spin off of as well Dennis. But, if I remember correctly, the Ghost is pretty adept at spinning whitey behind balls near his opponent's hole;)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i think the major play was to get whitey SNUG to the 4 ball.
ghosts shot was another way to get there.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
Ghosty, Ghosty, Ghosty,

don't you think it would be kind of difficult to spin the cueball behind those balls softly as far as the 11 is uptable from the cueball?

Dennis

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis,

It looks to me that the on-high-from-the-foot-of-the-table camera angle has visually distorted/lengthened the angle a bit, between the 11 and the cueball....look at Larry's wei table in post #6 - it's a hanger to spin off the 11, to the rail, and then behind the 4...:cool:

- Ghosty, Ghosty, Ghosty

PS, And my choice has nothing to do with not liking that 2-rail bank like you do - I like it as much as you do, and I shoot it well, and I've won many games by shooting it and getting behind balls and running them....I was already shooting that bank when you were still in grade school...:eek:...:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
One Pocket Ghost said:
Dennis, Dennis, Dennis...I was already shooting that bank when you were still in grade school...:eek:...:)
gee ghost you must be really old :rolleyes:
or else you started playing at very young age:D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
Dennis, Dennis, Dennis,

It looks to me that the on-high-from-the-foot-of-the-table camera angle has visually distorted/lengthened the angle a bit, between the 11 and the cueball....look at Larry's wei table in post #6 - it's a hanger to spin off the 11, to the rail, and then behind the 4...:cool:

- Ghosty, Ghosty, Ghosty
G,G,G,

Of all the comedians in all of the poolrooms & gin joints in the country, I have to run into you:D .

D,D,D