Frost "mental issues"

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I was watching SVB/Orcullo at the 2014 US Open final https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx52x8zSdQU#t=326.793915 Ken Shuman and Frost commentating (very well, BTW). Dennis was trying to run out and Shuman asked Frost what would be the right pattern. Frost said, [paraphrasing, but close] "Whatever you like. There's no right or wrong running balls at this level. Sometimes when I'm running balls I'm thinking about what other people would think I should do, and that's just crazy. I have mental issues." (It sounded to me like he was saying it with a smile on his face rather than a "Woe is me" attitude.)

All I can say is Wow! I thought I knew that but I didn't realize he knew that. Good on him for recognizing it, and being honest enough to admit it. It's good to know that he realizes his concerns about appearances hurt his game.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
being aware of it and doing something about it are 2 different things
on the other hand
you cant fix it if you dont know about it
the link is from 2014
do you think he ,,,,, differently now (ie learned from it )
my keyboard will only write lay i cant get the letter between O and Q to come on screen

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
being aware of it and doing something about it are 2 different things
on the other hand
you cant fix it if you dont know about it
the link is from 2014
do you think he ,,,,, differently now (ie learned from it )
my keyboard will only write lay i cant get the letter between O and Q to come on screen

I haven't seen any diminution in the histrionics, but that doesn't tell nearly the whole story about what's going on inside.