Ruling Conundrum

mrgreenheads

From
Houston, TX
Hello all this is my first post as I have only been playing 1P for 5 months now but have some great teachers like Lil Bubba and a few others.

The question I have is. Player A is shooting and I am player B and already owe a ball from the break. Player A while at his turn pockets a ball in his hole and in return pockets a ball in my hole off the stack. He then shoots a safe.

When Player A's turn is over does he automatically spot the ball from Player B's hole to the table after his turn or does the ball stay down until Player B has completeed his turn at the Table.

Any help with this would be a great move to bettering a new (not so young) 1P players strategies in the game.

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Welcome mrgreenheads

Welcome mrgreenheads

mrgreenheads said:
Hello all this is my first post as I have only been playing 1P for 5 months now but have some great teachers like Lil Bubba and a few others.

The question I have is. Player A is shooting and I am player B and already owe a ball from the break. Player A while at his turn pockets a ball in his hole and in return pockets a ball in my hole off the stack. He then shoots a safe.

When Player A's turn is over does he automatically spot the ball from Player B's hole to the table after his turn or does the ball stay down until Player B has completeed his turn at the Table.

Any help with this would be a great move to bettering a new (not so young) 1P players strategies in the game.

First of all, practice that break so you don't scratch. j/k

I don't know that the answer will help with any strategy cause player A has no choice but to make sure the ball you owe is spotted immediately after his turn is complete. In actual play, nornally the person who owes the ball spots it himself not your opponent. Not necessary, but you should always be in control of your own score and balls.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I was player A... In essence the argument was that the ball did not need to be spotted until after player B's inning... somewhat like a forgotten ball, however thanks for the advice...

Lil bubba needs to give us a better spot... something like 9-7 and the break...:D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
wgcp said:
I was player A... In essence the argument was that the ball did not need to be spotted until after player B's inning... somewhat like a forgotten ball, however thanks for the advice...
Here's the rule from 1p.org rules:

"6.4 If the offending player has no balls to spot, then they will owe one for each such scratch, which must be repaid by spotting at the end of the first inning or innings in which they score. All owed balls must be repaid before any pocketed balls count towards a player's game score."

So the ball should have been spotted before your opponent's turn, since he technically scored on your inning.

BTW, who are you? We must know each other. I live in Pass Christain, and play at Skeeter's once or twice a week. I know Little Bubba. If you want to stay anonymous to the board, P.M. me.

Art "Doc" Tripp

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Doc,
I live in long beach and have flown helicopters for the National Guard for over 25 years... You would probably recognize me if you saw me in the old Jim Bobs... If not talk to Jason Moran, or my son-in-law Mike Fournier who is a pretty good bar box player... Lil Bubba and I should be back home sometime in the next 90 days... I will be looking for some good ole fashioned one-pocket competition, as "Skeeters", maybe we could play a race to three for 50 or so, course with me now being a veteren you would have to play me 9-7... LOL

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
wgcp said:
Doc,
I live in long beach and have flown helicopters for the National Guard for over 25 years... You would probably recognize me if you saw me in the old Jim Bobs... If not talk to Jason Moran, or my son-in-law Mike Fournier who is a pretty good bar box player... Lil Bubba and I should be back home sometime in the next 90 days... I will be looking for some good ole fashioned one-pocket competition, as "Skeeters", maybe we could play a race to three for 50 or so, course with me now being a veteren you would have to play me 9-7... LOL
Sho-nuff, we can work out a 1P matchup. Are you engaged flying helicopters in the same area as is Lil Bubba? I'm sure I'd recognize you. Let me know when you get back. I'm usually at Skeeter's on Tues., Sat. and/or Sun. afternoons. You can call me at my office if you like: 896-6616. Hope to see y'all soon!

Doc