Live from TAR on Jan. 6th! Dippy Dave vs Alex Pagulayan

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Looks like a fun match to watch. Who do you think will win?

Attachments

• 167116_1811859295970_1224656045_3441622_8054520_n.jpg
    167116_1811859295970_1224656045_3441622_8054520_n.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 0

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
damnit Lenny, always scooping me!:eek::)

It's hard to bet on Vipster, but he has started to book some winners. I don't see a mention of a free scratch, so it appears that was dropped from their last battle.

He also has never played on camera before, that I know of. In poker, yes, but way different throwing some chips in the middle, as opposed to a pool stroke. So for this reason, I think I will give the edge to Alex. I think public perception is something that is important to Viparusky, so I think that might play a part.

Or.... my devious mind says.... since this is the 1st time he's played on camera, is there a reason for him agreeing to that? Is this being played for a bigger plan? Maybe setting up some games for the Derby???? Hmmmm.... Gonna be a veeeerrrrry interesting match! I can't wait to see what Alex has been battling with trying to give up such a big spot. I've never seen Vipper play before, except for a short phone video.

From Justin at TAR:

Short notice match between The Lion and The Dippinator. Race to 13. Dippy gets 18-4. $20K per man.

I'll be setting up and doing a PPV of the set on Thursday. Two camera's and I'll do my best on the commentary. There is one reason to pay $20 to watch this and that is to see Alex run balls. I watched these guys play this game last time they hooked up and on more than one occasion I was sitting there laughing and smiling like a kid watching Alex run 14's and 15's. It's amazing.

Also you will get to see how brutal this game is for a champion. Dippy knows how to move and the last time they played this game he beat Alex pretty good. Alex is pumped to give it another shot so they are back in action this Thursday. Start time is 6 PM Eastern 3 PM Pacific.

Match is being played at Pool Sharks in Vegas.

Speaking of Vipadodahday, TAR will be selling this shirt at the Derby:D
vippertshir.jpg

Also, for those of you not making the Derby.... be sure you keep a eye open on the TAR website... You may see a big onepocket matchup or something.
tarlogo.jpg

<!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Even though Peat is a cockroach, I have to give the nod to him in winning this contest. On the other hand, they've been hanging out a lot together lately. Maybe they're cooking something up...:cool:

Doc

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
gulfportdoc said:
Even though Peat is a cockroach, I have to give the nod to him in winning this contest. On the other hand, they've been hanging out a lot together lately. Maybe they're cooking something up...:cool:

Doc
I was suspicious myself, watch out rail! :D

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
So what's the feeling here on this match?

It's onepocket, it's a long race, it's for 20 THOUSAND DOLLARS A MAN, it involves a top level pro player with a ton of gamble to him offering unbelievable weight to another guy, it's going to be streamed live.......

no one is commenting on this? Is there no interest in this?

Just curious why there appears to be a lack on interest in this match.

(Disclaimer:) The only way to really try and gauge "interest" in a match in the virtual world of forums, is by the number of comments on the thread:) So since this thread has virtually no comments in it, it leads me to believe there's not much interest in this match.

So from a marketing view, I am curious why the apparent lack of interest. Having a lack of interest in a match, is a personal preference to every individual, therefore, there is no "wrong reason" a person could give.:D

So help me understand from a marketing point of view (if I was putting myself in TAR"s shoes for a moment) is this match worth $20 to watch a race to 13 onepocket, streamed live with excellent equipment, 20k bet per man, top level professional player trying to outrun the nuts?

Ok... it's probably easy to say it's "worth" $20 bucks... but the real question is ...... are you going to pay to watch this event?

If not.... why? No need to mention personal reasons, like you have to visit grandma that day or something:)

I'm a curious type guy, that's the only reason I'm asking this question. Someday I might be trying to market something, and any insight into the pool public's buying habits, can be beneficial.

Ktown

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
Ok... it's probably easy to say it's "worth" $20 bucks... but the real question is ...... are you going to pay to watch this event?

If not.... why? No need to mention personal reasons, like you have to visit grandma that day or something:)

I'm a curious type guy, that's the only reason I'm asking this question. Someday I might be trying to market something, and any insight into the pool public's buying habits, can be beneficial.
I am going to purchase this match primarily for the same reason I purchase every other PPV. TAR is providing a service that I enjoy and appreciate and without financial support they will no longer be able to do so.

I have no vested interest in this match as I have no plans to wager on it, although that may change but if it does the amount will be minimal. I think there are too many extenuating factors to feel comfortable gauging a favorite in this match so I will donate and watch for sheer entertainment. Watching Alex do things that basically defy the laws of onepocket as the game is known to everyone but a rare few intrigues me at least $20 worth.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Since you asked, CR - I might be tempted to pay the price to watch a race to 13 between two top players, or I might buy the DVD for my collection. However, $20 is 'way too much to watch one top player and -ahhh - whatever Dippy Dave is.

Anybody who can sell this can REALLY sell.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
vapros said:
Since you asked, CR - I might be tempted to pay the price to watch a race to 13 between two top players, or I might buy the DVD for my collection. However, $20 is 'way too much to watch one top player and -ahhh - whatever Dippy Dave is.

Anybody who can sell this can REALLY sell.

I'm quite sure it will be an entertaining match, and I will buy it just to support TAR...and also to see how much Dippy has improved...However, it may just be very similar to the Frost/Owen's "exhibition" match in Galveston a few years ago...just sayin' (No way I would bet on this match)...:rolleyes: