Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2019, 02:07 PM
Verified Member

Sticking your two cents in is a form of coaching. It is not allowed. Just because you have a wager on the game doesn't mean you have the right to speak up when you feel like it.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:45 PM
Verified Member

Yea I guess after seeing some of the responses, it is a bit of a slippery slope.

For what it's worth, when I have been in pool rooms where the rail birds bet on the side, a lot of them chime in and it's always looked down upon so I totally get it. I rarely bet on the side but I was just imagining if I did and I was betting against the player (not against another rail bird), as beatle put it, I am trying to protect my own interests (money) and not allow the person I am betting against to get over on me. I am not going to coach or tell someone a shot but if a ball is slept or he steals one from my horse's box, i would say something. If I lose, I want to lose fair and square.

That being said, if the 2 players are playing a set for $2,000 and I have $50 bet on the side, I probably wouldn't say anything at all..this is just another reason I prefer to bet on myself only.