My Action Story

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
It's very small $$, but I will share it, I've been in Germany the past 2 months and 1P is kinda scarce here in Europe, I seem to find games but when i'm not around they say they never play. It just dont seem to stick for some reason, lack of action i suppose and interest.

So I go up to Amsterdam for a few days to play pool and go look at tulips. I go to the pool room and meet a friend who sets me up there real good, its a good room for sure , tables had 4 7/8" pockets a bit big but it was so wet, man i mean wet-i was glad the pockets were that size. you could piss on the table and it wouldn't be any wetter than it was.

So i play a a few hours there and was comfortable, the house pro guy, he isnt as strong as the Euro-tour players, but still a solid player asked me to play, i said tomorrow. Next morning I get a call he is waiting for me, wow, this is a stick up. i figure. I get to the pool room and ask if he wants to play one pocket. I look up and there is his picture on the wall in a nice frame, cool graphics and all the bells and whistles, right next to the front table. He wants to play on the front table-forget that.

I ask "Do you want to play one Pocket", he says "sure, i know the rules". Whats that mean? its either a move or he only knows the rules. i figured. So we lag for the break and i win, I tossed off that rack-he would only bet 10 euro/game. Wow the taxi cost me 11 to get there. 2nd game he is clueless on how to break, I toss off the next 2 games. I'm down 30 euro.

I could tell I could win so i didnt care about the score i wanted to get the bet raised, then I hung a couple balls, bad rolls etc i'm stuck 90 euro. wow, I asked to bet 50/game. only if we play 8,9 ball which i have no chance to win. I still wasnt worried because i still could tell I could win the game even being down 9 games, 4 or 5 were bad rolls etc. he wouldnt raise the bet.

I figured out the cushions, and the banks opened wide up. I beat him 5 in a row 8/0, 8/2, 8/3, 8/0, 8/1 or something close to that, he didnt get more than 3 balls a game, and 2 games he didnt get any. he paid me we were paying every 2 games(most of the time). he pulled up on me. I lost 40 euro. he didnt leave the pool room, he was a bust-out that needed to lock up the $$, mistake i made was tossing the first games. What I did like is i knew i was ok even down 9 games. He could give me the 6 playing 9ball i figure, maybe the 7 if i was instroke. what scared him off was the 2 rail banks he didnt see he left on and straight backs, he couldnt hide from me. i like banking on wet tables for some reason.

that was my small action this trip, it was cool playing 1P against a stronger player and having the best of it, he did run a couple 8 and outs on me.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
It's very small $$, but I will share it, I've been in Germany the past 2 months and 1P is kinda scarce here in Europe, I seem to find games but when i'm not around they say they never play. It just dont seem to stick for some reason, lack of action i suppose and interest.

So I go up to Amsterdam for a few days to play pool and go look at tulips. I go to the pool room and meet a friend who sets me up there real good, its a good room for sure , tables had 4 7/8" pockets a bit big but it was so wet, man i mean wet-i was glad the pockets were that size. you could piss on the table and it wouldn't be any wetter than it was.

So i play a a few hours there and was comfortable, the house pro guy, he isnt as strong as the Euro-tour players, but still a solid player asked me to play, i said tomorrow. Next morning I get a call he is waiting for me, wow, this is a stick up. i figure. I get to the pool room and ask if he wants to play one pocket. I look up and there is his picture on the wall in a nice frame, cool graphics and all the bells and whistles, right next to the front table. He wants to play on the front table-forget that.

I ask "Do you want to play one Pocket", he says "sure, i know the rules". Whats that mean? its either a move or he only knows the rules. i figured. So we lag for the break and i win, I tossed off that rack-he would only bet 10 euro/game. Wow the taxi cost me 11 to get there. 2nd game he is clueless on how to break, I toss off the next 2 games. I'm down 30 euro.

I could tell I could win so i didnt care about the score i wanted to get the bet raised, then I hung a couple balls, bad rolls etc i'm stuck 90 euro. wow, I asked to bet 50/game. only if we play 8,9 ball which i have no chance to win. I still wasnt worried because i still could tell I could win the game even being down 9 games, 4 or 5 were bad rolls etc. he wouldnt raise the bet.

I figured out the cushions, and the banks opened wide up. I beat him 5 in a row 8/0, 8/2, 8/3, 8/0, 8/1 or something close to that, he didnt get more than 3 balls a game, and 2 games he didnt get any. he paid me we were paying every 2 games(most of the time). he pulled up on me. I lost 40 euro. he didnt leave the pool room, he was a bust-out that needed to lock up the $$, mistake i made was tossing the first games. What I did like is i knew i was ok even down 9 games. He could give me the 6 playing 9ball i figure, maybe the 7 if i was instroke. what scared him off was the 2 rail banks he didnt see he left on and straight backs, he couldnt hide from me. i like banking on wet tables for some reason.

that was my small action this trip, it was cool playing 1P against a stronger player and having the best of it, he did run a couple 8 and outs on me.

Are you in here trying to work? I heard you busted most everyone in the pool rooms and were out scoping some other type action. Remember no photos allowed in the Red Light District. oops. Anyways, great story. Good writing...