The Real Price off a Free Scratch

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I guess nobody knowes any probability experts.

Hay Goast your educated. Do you no were I can get a probability expert too talk to him.

I guess thier harder too get a hold off then I thought. Somebody must no were I can get one or were too call to get a hold of a probability expert.

I thought you would probably want to play the rubber match at this years DCC, but I was wrong.

Guess I'm no expert (I couldn't help myself).:D

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
I thought you would probably want to play the rubber match at this years DCC, but I was wrong.

Guess I'm no expert (I couldn't help myself).:D
John I would love too play you for lots off good reasons.

Because you are a super nice man too play with .And I reay enjoy playing you.

But I dont no what happened a have a big peoblem makeing balls. And I dont no what it is.

But My came is ok but i miss shots that I would give 50 to 1 on that I would make the shot. And I dont no why I miss the shot.It could be mentaly. I dont no

I aent thrugh this same thing about 40 years ago. And I even went to see a shrick. But he didnt have a answer for me either.

And he told me that he has never meet a man in ihis life that was as sure off themselves as I was. But that didnt help my Qoistion. At what do I am at.

But if you are looking for action. I will give you a two way proposition I will play parners with Billy. And I no you dont care for that game.

And then I will play you even. Its up too you. And you said we beat you 7 to 3. But I beat you heads up almost the same way.

And then I lost next time we played. And its hard when you cant make a ball. Ask Ronnie.

And My poor shooting affecrs the rest off my game. Because I cant figure out what the problem is. And in Alabama. I played like a clown.

I dont need for some one saying I played ok. When my horrable playing made Billy Crazy and passing all through the pool room.

If you were thier you would have seen it for yourself. And I have not realy played good in any off my matches.

And I am gong too be honest with you. you no better then anyone. The reason I won was not because I played good.

Because you didnt play your game. And thats the truth weather anyone wants too belive it or not.

But its up too you . You see I never even asked you for a spot. Because a spot wouldnt help me either.

But Like I said I enjoy playing you. And maybe you can come up with something. You make the call.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I guess nobody knowes any probability experts.

Hay Goast your educated. Do you no were I can get a probability expert too talk to him.
I guess thier harder too get a hold off then I thought. Somebody must no were I can get one or were too call to get a hold of a probability expert.

Artie, thanks for the not-surprising complimentary perception of me :) but truth be told, I'm not educated - I'm just smart...;)...and the only probability expert that I know, is...

Dr. William Incardona...:D

- Ghosty

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie Bodendorfer said:

But I dont no what happened a have a big peoblem makeing balls. And I dont no what it is.

But My came is ok but i miss shots that I would give 50 to 1 on that I would make the shot. And I dont no why I miss the shot.It could be mentaly. I dont no

I aent thrugh this same thing about 40 years ago. And I even went to see a shrick. But he didnt have a answer for me either.

And he told me that he has never meet a man in ihis life that was as sure off themselves as I was. But that didnt help my Qoistion. At what do I am at.

But if you are looking for action. I will give you a two way proposition I will play parners with Billy. And I no you dont care for that game.

And then I will play you even. Its up too you. And you said we beat you 7 to 3. But I beat you heads up almost the same way.

And then I lost next time we played. And its hard when you cant make a ball. Ask Ronnie.

And My poor shooting affecrs the rest off my game. Because I cant figure out what the problem is. And in Alabama. I played like a clown.

I dont need for some one saying I played ok. When my horrable playing made Billy Crazy and passing all through the pool room.

If you were thier you would have seen it for yourself. And I have not realy played good in any off my matches.

And I am gong too be honest with you. you no better then anyone. The reason I won was not because I played good.

Because you didnt play your game. And thats the truth weather anyone wants too belive it or not.

But its up too you . You see I never even asked you for a spot. Because a spot wouldnt help me either.

But Like I said I enjoy playing you. And maybe you can come up with something. You make the call.

Thanks for the response.

You are right, I do not like the partner game and while part of it was my poor shooting, Billy played very well and there is no reason to think he wouldn't again. He is a much better player than I am and as evident from our last match, makes you guys the favorite.

I will just wait and see how it goes at DCC. I have thrown a few games out there I think are more than fair and no takers, so I will play a partners match against The Ghost and Bernie and then play in the Banks and One Pocket Tournaments and when I am done with them I will find some kind of action.

See you there, John

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
Artie, thanks for the not-surprising complimentary perception of me :) but truth be told, I'm not educated - I'm just smart...;)...and the only probability expert that I know, is...

Dr. William Incardona...:D

- Ghosty

We will see how smart you are in about 6 weeks.

I'm thinking you might have stepped on Ghosty Jr. when you agreed to our game.

Ktown

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
We will see how smart you are in about 6 weeks.

I'm thinking you might have stepped on Ghosty Jr. when you agreed to our game.
I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.....

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
Thanks for the response.

You are right, I do not like the partner game and while part of it was my poor shooting, Billy played very well and there is no reason to think he wouldn't again. He is a much better player than I am and as evident from our last match, makes you guys the favorite.

I will just wait and see how it goes at DCC. I have thrown a few games out there I think are more than fair and no takers, so I will play a partners match against The Ghost and Bernie and then play in the Banks and One Pocket Tournaments and when I am done with them I will find some kind of action.

See you there, John
You dont like the partner game and I dont like the even game. I think both games together are very closs.

But you no that already. Yes Billy use to play great. But that was a younger billy and he even looked better then. But thats not Billy from today.

And if you belive me that what I am saying is the truth. Then I think you will play.If you dont belive me you will not play. You playing Billy is pretty close.

We no his reputation id better then yours or mein. But we dont play on our reputation. We play on what we can do today.

And You no that you and billys game is very close like 8 to 7 and you and me are very close I think. Like maybe 9 to 8. That would give us a hair the best off it.

But in a partner game we all no that the person who playes against the partners. Has a edge also. Maybe as much as a ball. Because the will argue over what shot too shoot.

Witch you wont do with yourself. And you will also have a little edge. Because you are shooting every other shot. Were we shoot every 4 shot if you breack.

And shooting every 4th shot makes a difference compaired to evey 2cd shot. And in the partnes game one player might not to get too shoot were he can run some balls.

But you will shoot weather you play safe or you are running balls. You get both shots. And I am sure that if we ask any player that the person playing his own partner.

Has a edge. Because he stays in stroke. And wont even get board as easy. THese are all true. And I have played enough partner games to no the difference.

And you have great patence. Where Billy is ance and wants too shoot.. And Billy is not playing like he use too.

And he played Richie Richie 9 to 7 and Billy never won a game. And at the DCC he played Monster John I think it was 9 to 7 and Monster John won easy.

And in Galveston Scott beat him 2 out of three times they played. And Shane Bowein Gave Billy one hit ans the pick.

A race too 5 and Billy lost 5 games in a row too a player thats realy not a onepocket player.

Then he played some Young guy. I dont remember his name. And Billy lost about 9 games too him. .

And the kid offered Billy 9 to 7 so I dont see howe you can say Billys shooting good.

Winning 5 games out off 25 games is not even close too shooting good. And you can check it all out. Witch id a pretty good spot.

Billy is strugling with his game like I am The truth is Billy loves action and he loves too play. Pool is Billys life and he always loved too play.

So maybe you can see now that the partner game is very close. I think If anyone is the favorite. If I made a line on a game like that and another player who played like me.

You would be favorite 6 to 5 each game. And 6 to 5 and even would make you less then a quater ball favorite.

And you shooting every shot to us shooting every 4th shot. Is a edge no
matter what people think.

And playing me even you arethe favorite. Because you shoot better and bank better.

And I have a edge moving. BUt if I cant make the easy shots. Then then out moveing you wont help. But think about it and let me no.

You wont have any trouble finding a game. Because you make fair games. But I lust wanted too explain it.

Sorry if I went into detail too much. But thats they way I am. And when I play I forget too talk.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:

Your no expert but youre still a nice guy.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You dont like the partner game and I dont like the even game. I think both games together are very closs.

You are right, I don't like the partner game. Cost me 5k in Texas and I'll pass.

We no his reputation id better then yours or mein. But we dont play on our reputation. We play on what we can do today.

You and Billy have a reputation as smart gamblers because you are. My reputation is of an old guy who plays pretty good, likes to play and will go off.

And You no that you and billys game is very close like 8 to 7 and you and me are very close I think. Like maybe 9 to 8. That would give us a hair the best off it.

I offered to play Billy a short set for 1k 8/7 & 9/8 if I win the set against The Ghost. I would play it anyway, whether I beat the Ghost or not. Billy is thinking it over.

But in a partner game we all no that the person who playes against the partners. Has a edge also. Maybe as much as a ball. Because the will argue over what shot too shoot.

You guys play well together. You beat me in Texas and won the partner match in Mobile

And playing me even you arethe favorite. Because you shoot better and bank better. And I have a edge moving. BUt if I cant make the easy shots. Then then out moveing you wont help. But think about it and let me no.

In two races to seven, we have played 23 games in 27+ hours and we are dead even on the $$ and you have won a game or two more than I have.

Bottom Line, I will play Billy a set for 1k just to play and I will play you even for whatever.

There are too many games there with players that I might have a better chance to book a winner with.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
Bottom Line, I will play Billy a set for 1k just to play and I will play you even for whatever.

There are too many games there with players that I might have a better chance to book a winner with.
John what you are saying is very good. Tne game with you made with Billy is close. I wouldnt bet on the game. Because You will play your heart out. And Billy aill be dancing around the table.

Even though the game is close. I would rather bet on the person that I no will give it 100%. And thats you.

And Billy has a lot off things on his mind too distract him from pool so I would pass on betting on Billy.

If I new Billy was thier too play then I would bet on Billy. But the way I see it you are also in better physical shape as far as playing pool. And Billy might even come up lame with his bad back.

Its ver hard for me too bet on someone like that. Even though he nows about gambling. And if we were playing the partner game and Billy couldnt finish the session. I would finish the session myselt.

And like you are saying Billy shoots better then you and you shoot better then me. I think thats worth a little more then a ball. Maybe at least 9to6 .

And if I played you with a spot I would rather take 9 to 8 then 8 to 7. Witch people will think I flipet. But thats the truth.

I would like too ask you since we are only talking. What is it in the partner game that makes you think you have a bad game?

Forget about the last partner game and me playing you. What is it that you dont like about the game. I think about it and I cant figure it out. It cant be my moving and Billys shooting can it be that.

Because it realy doesnt make sense too me. Because you can play Billy safe and give me the shots. I realycant see it. But maybe you eill tell me. To satisfy my curiasity.

If you play Billy 8 to 7 and 9 to 8. And you are the same knid off favoriye over me. Then thier must be something I dont see in the partner game.

But I would love to her your answer.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I would like too ask you since we are only talking. What is it in the partner game that makes you think you have a bad game?

Forget about the last partner game and me playing you. What is it that you dont like about the game. I think about it and I cant figure it out. It cant be my moving and Billys shooting can it be that.

Because it realy doesnt make sense too me. Because you can play Billy safe and give me the shots. I realycant see it. But maybe you eill tell me. To satisfy my curiasity.

But I would love to her your answer.

I am basing my decision on the only thing I can - the time we played. There is not one thing in a one pocket game I do better than Billy. He simply is a much better player than me and you guys thumped me pretty good the time I tried you, so I pass.

I can't take into consideration anything but what I watched and played against and would be crazy to do anything else.

Playing Billy safe after the traps you put me in is easier said than done.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
I am basing my decision on the only thing I can - the time we played. There is not one thing in a one pocket game I do better than Billy. He simply is a much better player than me and you guys thumped me pretty good the time I tried you, so I pass.

I can't take into consideration anything but what I watched and played against and would be crazy to do anything else.

Playing Billy safe after the traps you put me in is easier said than done.
Billy realy doest have anything over you. Maybe he shoots a little bit better . But I am not sure off that.

You bank a little better than Billy. You have a little bit better cueball control. And you aleo take less risks in a game. You are not a champion but your over all game is pretty good.

And I dont miss too much. What happines in a session. I am not a good shooter any more. But what I do no and see. Is tops in one pocket. Because off what I no.

The only thing I have a problem with is making balls. And that hurts my game a lot. I wish I could shoot like you it would realy help my game a lot. But Im me and you are John. And wishing isnt going to soulve my shooting.

I cant wish umm in I have too shot um in. I think you and Billy are very close. And what Billy has over you is. He is use to playing ang Gambling for big money. And that will not effect Billy. Because he has done it too many times. And he is a season player at gambling.

And He will stand up for the money. But his game is doughtfull. All the heart in the world wont help you if you cant do what you want too do. And the first time we played the money might have made some difference in your game. Only

Only you no the answer too that. THat was what was in my favor too the first time we played. I was use too betting high and it does not afect me likeit did before I got use too it. When I was younger. BUt after thousands off bets. It becomes second dairy.

And I dont even think about it. It wouldnt matter if it was a million. If anything it will pick me up and might help me too play better. But if a person is not use too all that betting. And betting more then what they are use too.

I am convinct that it will make a difference in the players game. Because his mind is on the money instead off the game. I say this out off experience. But once you get use too it. It wont make much difference.

But it affects different people in differeny ways. And I dont belive it will do anything too a player like Billy. But Billys problem is his game his concentration his back and will his mind be on the game. If I had too give my answer I would say no.

Billys concentration levele is not in his favor. And it can work against him. And if Billy doesnt make his shots. He will loose totale interest. Witch will not happen to you John. Because your mind id on the pool game and nothing but the pool game. And My mind workd that way also.

But everyone has a different mind. And some people get discouraged moore than others.

I almost forgot too tell you. That your game and style changed from the first time we played to the second time we played. The first time we played you tried to move with me but you figured out that that wouldnt happen.

And the second time we played you played different shots and didnt try too out move me. And you seen wright away that was better for you. Then trying too out move me. And it worked good for you.

But I seen the change in your game. But I couldnt do anything about it. Because off my lack off running balls. And you played very loose the second time we played. And you were very tense the first time we played.

But I just thought I would bring it up. Incase you think I didnt see the difference. I see everything. But some times thier isnt anything we can do about it. Do I read those two sessions we played correctly?

I am saying this for people who think I just talk. And I think the reason you dont like the partner game is because you think I will put you in a trap. And Billy will run out. That could be the answer because the game can go either way.

And nobody has a easy game. And when Billy and me play parners. Thier are a lot off different opinions. That you dont see or her. We even stopt coaching each other so we wouldnt get into a argument. But I dont think you new that.

But the worst I ever seen Billy get is when I played Ricky Bird. It tore him too peaces. And I cant blame him. The way I played was so bad. If you would have watchet you would not have belived it.

And I am talking about when I played Rick Bird head up. Not in the partner game. But Thier was nothing for me too say. And Tommarrow is another day. Bit I wish some one would have filmed that match. It might have went down as the worst played session in the history off pool.

I dont no what hapened. I tryed too win. I played hard but I hit the balls so bad that it even looket worse then it was. But the people who went through the tourture and watchet the game will never forget it.

I had cue ball in hand behind the line I needed one ball. I thought for sure I was going too win the session. Because the ball was eight inches away from the cue ball . A perfect straight in shot with cue ball in hand.

It was pobable 1 million to one too miss it. But I missed it and went on too loose the session. I dont no what happened But I no I didnt make the ball. The only answer I could come up with is that I lined the ball up wrong too the pocket.

BUt if you could see it on tape you could see the shot for yourself.

But that was yesterday. And we dont live for yesterday. we live for the momonte. But If you and Billy play it will be a great match. And I understand why you dont want too play the partner game.

But the game is very close and tough for both sides. And sometimes the resulte does not come out that way. And thats why people think different.

But I would love too her from you if you think If I figuerd it out corectly?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Billy realy doest have anything over you. Maybe he shoots a little bit better . But I am not sure off that.

You bank a little better than Billy. You have a little bit better cueball control. And you aleo take less risks in a game. You are not a champion but your over all game is pretty good.

And I dont miss too much. What happines in a session. I am not a good shooter any more. But what I do no and see. Is tops in one pocket. Because off what I no.

The only thing I have a problem with is making balls. And that hurts my game a lot. I wish I could shoot like you it would realy help my game a lot. But Im me and you are John. And wishing isnt going to soulve my shooting.

I cant wish umm in I have too shot um in. I think you and Billy are very close. And what Billy has over you is. He is use to playing ang Gambling for big money. And that will not effect Billy. Because he has done it too many times. And he is a season player at gambling.

And He will stand up for the money. But his game is doughtfull. All the heart in the world wont help you if you cant do what you want too do. And the first time we played the money might have made some difference in your game. Only

Only you no the answer too that. THat was what was in my favor too the first time we played. I was use too betting high and it does not afect me likeit did before I got use too it. When I was younger. BUt after thousands off bets. It becomes second dairy.

And I dont even think about it. It wouldnt matter if it was a million. If anything it will pick me up and might help me too play better. But if a person is not use too all that betting. And betting more then what they are use too.

I am convinct that it will make a difference in the players game. Because his mind is on the money instead off the game. I say this out off experience. But once you get use too it. It wont make much difference.

But it affects different people in differeny ways. And I dont belive it will do anything too a player like Billy. But Billys problem is his game his concentration his back and will his mind be on the game. If I had too give my answer I would say no.

Billys concentration levele is not in his favor. And it can work against him. And if Billy doesnt make his shots. He will loose totale interest. Witch will not happen to you John. Because your mind id on the pool game and nothing but the pool game. And My mind workd that way also.

But everyone has a different mind. And some people get discouraged moore than others.

I almost forgot too tell you. That your game and style changed from the first time we played to the second time we played. The first time we played you tried to move with me but you figured out that that wouldnt happen.

And the second time we played you played different shots and didnt try too out move me. And you seen wright away that was better for you. Then trying too out move me. And it worked good for you.

But I seen the change in your game. But I couldnt do anything about it. Because off my lack off running balls. And you played very loose the second time we played. And you were very tense the first time we played.

But I just thought I would bring it up. Incase you think I didnt see the difference. I see everything. But some times thier isnt anything we can do about it. Do I read those two sessions we played correctly?

I am saying this for people who think I just talk. And I think the reason you dont like the partner game is because you think I will put you in a trap. And Billy will run out. That could be the answer because the game can go either way.

And nobody has a easy game. And when Billy and me play parners. Thier are a lot off different opinions. That you dont see or her. We even stopt coaching each other so we wouldnt get into a argument. But I dont think you new that.

But the worst I ever seen Billy get is when I played Ricky Bird. It tore him too peaces. And I cant blame him. The way I played was so bad. If you would have watchet you would not have belived it.

And I am talking about when I played Rick Bird head up. Not in the partner game. But Thier was nothing for me too say. And Tommarrow is another day. Bit I wish some one would have filmed that match. It might have went down as the worst played session in the history off pool.

I dont no what hapened. I tryed too win. I played hard but I hit the balls so bad that it even looket worse then it was. But the people who went through the tourture and watchet the game will never forget it.

I had cue ball in hand behind the line I needed one ball. I thought for sure I was going too win the session. Because the ball was eight inches away from the cue ball . A perfect straight in shot with cue ball in hand.

It was pobable 1 million to one too miss it. But I missed it and went on too loose the session. I dont no what happened But I no I didnt make the ball. The only answer I could come up with is that I lined the ball up wrong too the pocket.

BUt if you could see it on tape you could see the shot for yourself.

But that was yesterday. And we dont live for yesterday. we live for the momonte. But If you and Billy play it will be a great match. And I understand why you dont want too play the partner game.

But the game is very close and tough for both sides. And sometimes the resulte does not come out that way. And thats why people think different.

But I would love too her from you if you think If I figuerd it out corectly?
John the first time we played you were at a disadvantage. Because mentaly you were already defeted. And you realy didnt play your game. And if you think back you will see that you did not play your avarage game. And you had extra tension on your game.

But that was all gone the second time we played. And even the first time we played you were coming back. And I won my finale game by a ball. And if you would have won that game. You could have won the whole session.

But I tell it how it was. And you played way better when you played me then in the partner game. And I dont need to lie or Bs you. Because you love pool and you are going too play someone anyway.

The only difference is you like the feeling off betting and the chalange that you can only get playing certain people. Like we all eat every day. But when we treat ourselves to a great meal. Its something special. And pool is the same way.

Just like going to bed with a girl we get different feelings from different gils. But too me the DCC is stil a long way off. And nobody knowes what tommarrow brings.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John the first time we played you were at a disadvantage. Because mentaly you were already defeted. And you realy didnt play your game. And if you think back you will see that you did not play your avarage game. And you had extra tension on your game.

But that was all gone the second time we played. And even the first time we played you were coming back. And I won my finale game by a ball. And if you would have won that game. You could have won the whole session.

But I tell it how it was. And you played way better when you played me then in the partner game. And I dont need to lie or Bs you. Because you love pool and you are going too play someone anyway.

The only difference is you like the feeling off betting and the chalange that you can only get playing certain people. Like we all eat every day. But when we treat ourselves to a great meal. Its something special. And pool is the same way.

Just like going to bed with a girl we get different feelings from different gils. But too me the DCC is stil a long way off. And nobody knowes what tommarrow brings.

I handicapped our partners game in Galveston based on the way I watched Billy play against Monster John the 2009 DCC.

We have not talked about this but WHO you play has a bearing on HOW you play. Maybe it shouldn't, but is does.

After watching Billy & John I thought my game might be around a ball under his, BUT when matched up with an inferior player, his game went back up and when matched up against a superior player, mine went down.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
jrhendy said:
I handicapped our partners game in Galveston based on the way I watched Billy play against Monster John the 2009 DCC.

We have not talked about this but WHO you play has a bearing on HOW you play. Maybe it shouldn't, but is does.

After watching Billy & John I thought my game might be around a ball under his, BUT when matched up with an inferior player, his game went back up and when matched up against a superior player, mine went down.

Thanks, i'll try to remember that i'm a superior player the next time I play someone.:cool:

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I have a lot of time at work to think sometimes and last night was a little slow so I started thinking about the worth of the "free push" that Dave got from whatshisname and I came up with a question that I also hope a probability expert (or maybe some of you) could answer. We all seem to have different viewpoints as to what the value is of the "free push" but I'd like everybody to consider this: What is the value of the "free push" if Dave plays 20 games in a row and never uses it? What about 30 games in a row? Does it still have the same value as if he had used it? If yes, how could it have value if it was never used? Would it only have value in games where it was used? Would that value be offset by the games in which it was not used? I'm confused:confused: .

RBL

Jeez, how did I ever overlook this thread last night? It was one of my favorites ever. Some of the dumbest posts you'll ever read from otherwise intelligent people:p.

Even the Duck agreed with me near the end of it:eek:.

RBL

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Jeez, how did I ever overlook this thread last night? It was one of my favorites ever. Some of the dumbest posts you'll ever read from otherwise intelligent people:p.

Even the Duck agreed with me near the end of it:eek:.

RBL
This was a nightmare thread. Artie had me so frustrated with his illogical understanding of the free pushplus he doesn't understand that you can't apply math to uncertainties. Uncertainties have no exact value. You can only guesstimate the probability of something occurring. Arties strong suit when he was in vegas was to do what he knew was right, and let other people figure out why it was right. He never was able to figure out the mathematics of a proposition, he had other people do that. I have always had a very good understanding on figuring out propositions, especially ones that dealt with math.

This thread is not for me:sorry don't want to revisit this nightmare.:sorry

Dr. Bill